318 liveries? Are there more than what's here?

I know a lot of companies didn't fly the 318 but I'm looking for liveries for it, even fictional ones.  There doesn't seem to be a lot here.  Does anyone know where I can find some more?

Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I guess the simple reason is that there are not too many operators and also the number of delivered A318 is quite low:

Please login to display this image.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbus_A318#Operators

And as the majority of simmers prefer real repaints, the number of repaints is limited.

And the only sources I know are our download section and maybe Avsim.

There are a few sites that have a few Aerosoft Repaints, but Aerosoft and AVSIM have the most, so I would use Google to find them my friend.  All flight sim sites are indexed by Google, so it's the very best way to find information and downloads in our community. 

I hope you find this helpful my friend.

Best wishes.

3 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

There are a few sites that have a few Aerosoft Repaints, but Aerosoft and AVSIM have the most, so I would use Google to find them my friend.  All flight sim sites are indexed by Google, so it's the very best way to find information and downloads in our community. 

I hope you find this helpful my friend.

Best wishes.

Thanks guys.  Dave, I did do an actual google search and all I got was AVSIM's two entries for a 319 and not a 318.

It also brought me here to what I have already seen.

It's sad that there are so few, I know most people like real world liveries but I don't mind fictional ones as it's the plane I like, the baby bus has always been my favorite.

Pity as I was hoping to find something, anything.  No big deal, I'll just fly it with the liveries it comes with.

Thanks for your help.

11 minutes ago, JackSwyr said:

Thanks guys.  Dave, I did do an actual google search and all I got was AVSIM's two entries for a 319 and not a 318.

It also brought me here to what I have already seen.

It's sad that there are so few, I know most people like real world liveries but I don't mind fictional ones as it's the plane I like, the baby bus has always been my favorite.

Pity as I was hoping to find something, anything.  No big deal, I'll just fly it with the liveries it comes with.

Thanks for your help.

Yeah, as you and I discussed the other day, there are only 80 A318s produced.  Compare that to almost 5000 A320s.  Even the A319 (1,486 produced) beats out the A318.

SOURCE FOR THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS WIKIPEDIA, See THIS LINK

As of 30 June 2018, Airbus A318 operators are:

Country Operator In Operation
France Air France 18
Brazil Avianca Brasil 10
Colombia Avianca 10
Romania TAROM 4
United Kingdom British Airways 1
United Kingdom Titan Airways 1
various Governments, Executive and Private Jets 19
various Undisclosed operators 4
Totals           67

Of course with 1486 A319s produced, and 128 with American Airlines, you can expect to see more liveries.

That means of course that you'll find less liveries because people usually (but not always) want to make and fly liveries that match real world.

There are people in the flight sim community who produce free repaints for others, so if you're looking for additional A318/A319 liveries.  That might be your best bet my friend!

8 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

There are people in the flight sim community who produce free repaints for others, so if you're looking for additional A318/A319 liveries.  That might be your best bet my friend!

Thanks again Dave, but how?  Google wasn't much help.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/category/119-aerosoft-a318a319-professional-liveries/

This is your place to look for liveries which are already done. If you want to request new ones search in the respective subforums and post there to see if any painter might do a livery for you.

Edit: Also look into the liveries made for our FSX Airbus, they can be used in the Professional series with the guide you can find in the forums:
https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/category/110-airbus-a318a319-liveries/

2 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/category/119-aerosoft-a318a319-professional-liveries/

This is your place to look for liveries which are already done. If you want to request new ones search in the respective subforums and post there to see if any painter might do a livery for you.

Thanks Emanuel, looked there several times.  Mostly 319, but that's ok.  I'd be willing to actually pay someone to do a couple for me.

Just now, JackSwyr said:

Thanks Emanuel, looked there several times.  Mostly 319, but that's ok.  I'd be willing to actually pay someone to do a couple for me.

I just edited the post a second before you posted. Did you also look in the second link yet?

25 minutes ago, JackSwyr said:

Thanks again Dave, but how?  Google wasn't much help.

Each livery has a text file that has the name and usually the email address of the person who created it.  There are also websites where people respond to forums posts requesting someone create a specific livery for them.  Just takes a little time to search for them online.  Google "Airbus Repaint", "P3D Repaint", "FSX Repaint" and then again replacing "repaint" with "livery".

The world is your oyster my friend, you just have to get out there and check it out!

1 minute ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Each livery has a text file that has the name and usually the email address of the person who created it.  There are also websites where people respond to forums posts requesting someone create a specific livery for them.  Just takes a little time to search for them online.  Google "Airbus Repaint", "P3D Repaint", "FSX Repaint" and then again replacing "repaint" with "livery".

The world is your oyster my friend, you just have to get out there and check it out!

Thanks Dave.

1 minute ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

I just edited the post a second before you posted. Did you also look in the second link yet?

I can find many A318 paints there, such as Avianca, Mexicana, TAROM and many, many more!

Just now, Emanuel Hagen said:

I can find many A318 paints there, such as Avianca, Mexicana, TAROM and many, many more!

I was looking for a British Airways, Delta, New Zealand, all fictional of course, seems many of them are South American.

2 minutes ago, JackSwyr said:

I was looking for a British Airways, Delta, New Zealand, all fictional of course, seems many of them are South American.

There is a Frontier one, at least that's something American for you.

British Airways should also be available. Not sure about ANZ.

1 minute ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Thank you kind sir, looking now, appreciate it very much.

6 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

I see that these are very old, will they work with the Professional 318/319?  I can install manually, tha't easy. 

1 minute ago, JackSwyr said:

I see that these are very old, will they work with the Professional 318/319?  I can install manually, tha't easy. 

Yes they will!

Be sure to follow the guide here in the forums on manually installing liveries! You might see some unpleasent surprises otherwise as some additional modifications are needed for older liveries! Those are easy though, just follow the guide!

18 minutes ago, JackSwyr said:

There is a Delta A319 that comes with the A318/A319, it's already installed for you.

Best wishes!

9 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Yes they will!

Be sure to follow the guide here in the forums on manually installing liveries! You might see some unpleasent surprises otherwise as some additional modifications are needed for older liveries! Those are easy though, just follow the guide!

Where is this guide?  I'm not too keen on programming, I don't have a lot of experience other than manually adding them.

4 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

There is a Delta A319 that comes with the A318/A319, it's already installed for you.

Best wishes!

Yes, I love the DAL 319 Dave, but the shorter 318 is my all time favorite.

Archived