Anchorage products?

Grizzly_Air

I have been on the look out for an Anchorage scenery for many years. Is there some reason no one wants to produce it? We have so many fine airports and I fly almost exclusively out of Anchorage for every corner of the world for Globe Cargo and when I fly the Beaver I fly a lot of times out of Lake Hood. Anyone know of a package in the works or one that was made, or what the issue with this airport is?

sincerely,

Desparately seeking Anchorage scenery

Desparately seeking Anchorage scenery
You're not the only one, Bro.

Although I live more than 4100 nautical miles from Anchorage I have always dreamed of having a good scenery of Anchorage airport. It is such a beautiful place.

What's more, it is probably the most important intercontinental cargo hub on Earth.

I have been asking myself the same question for years: why no payware PANC?

Now we have so many scenery design teams, many of them US, making places from Aspen up to Newark and L.A.

Alaska has been touched only in the GA/VFR aspect.

We need a large hub! :)

Best regards,

Rafal

• 2 weeks later...
there is a fantastic freeware scenery of ANC on avsim. (...) Why aren't you enjoying it?
I will answer for myself:

I tried all of the freeware PANC versions and didn't like any of them.

They are generally the EZ / Rwy12 type.

I have been spoiled by Flytampa / Simwings / Aerosoft quality of airports.

With all respect to the freeware author, of course.

Best regards,

Rafal

• 4 weeks later...

I'd love some good AK scenery especially around Anchorage. I live a 5 minute walk from Merrill Field (PAMR) and about a 15 minute bike ride from Lake Hood (busiest float plane airport in the world). I also love riding my bike down to Point Woronzof and watching the cargo heavies fly right overhead.

Look up Glacier Bay V2 at AVSIM. It is amazing. Not for the real big birds but the 737 can get in and around there.

Couple it with Misty and Tongas Fjords (payware) and Freight Dogs The Scenery (Aerosoft).

WOOT is all I can say. PAWG to PAJN is amazing. Not to mention Skagway in GBV2.

• 2 weeks later...

You're right, I fly a lot from Jeaneau (PAJN) to Anchorage (PANC) and to Fairbanks (PAFA) and although Glacier Bay V2 (freeware), is great, the sceneries of the Alaskan airports are poor, there are some products for VFR flight and even photo-sceneries but... no airports!!!! Would be great that some big company start to work on those airports on that fantastic place. And like some people here I'm far far away from there I'm in Lisbon...