EDDK professional overwriting FSaerodata

metzgergva

• Developer

Hi, 

I ran into an issue at EDDK of having installed FSaerodata to provide actual nav data for the G1000 in the Diamond DA62 by Vertx.

As EDDK is using the new P3D installation routine it is automatically at a higher priority than the FSaerodata files. EDDK contains an ADE file which unfortunately only contains the default Nav data which are incorrect and contain no approches nor departures. 

Deactivating this ADE file brings back the FSaerodata as per attached images but of course ruins all stand positions. Could you provide and update that includes the actual nav data for EDDK.

Thank you for looking into this and hopefully provide a solution.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

You should be able to change the priorities since P3D 4.4. That was one of the new features if I remember correctly. Or simply add the FSaerodata stuff via add-ons.cfg. If I understand you right and they store their navdata as a scenery, it should be easy to create an add-on.xml file and add it to the scenery library the new way.

• Developer

In P3D v4.4 I cannot move the senery entries installed via add-on.xml. So I tried to develop an add-on.xml (see attachment) and put it into the FSaerodata folder. P3D asked me to install FSaerodata, but the 4 scenery elements did not show up in the scenery listing. So I made something wrong here...

I think the best way would be to ask the developer of EDDK if he could update his ADE file with all procedures for the airport. Then they would show up in the default GPS as it is done with many aerosoft airports I checked. And a sophisticated G1000 simulation based on default plus FSaerodata would see them too.

add-on.xml

• Deputy Sheriffs

While airport addons have some navaids inlcuded I'm not aware of any addon having procedures included. That's why you have dataproviders like NavdataPro (Lido) or Navigraph (Jepessen).

So I highly doubt that it will be done for EDDK.

And with tools like the Lorby_SI Organizer you can also move entries installed via add-on.xml.

• Developer

I understand the tools but that should not be needed for a standard installation. I have no issues with otjer airports like LEMD whixh is also in the upper grey area. It is oarticulsrily EDDK which rolls back to old default and it goes away when deleting the ADE file. 

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, mopperle said:

While airport addons have some navaids inlcuded I'm not aware of any addon having procedures included. That's why you have dataproviders like NavdataPro (Lido) or Navigraph (Jepessen).

So I highly doubt that it will be done for EDDK.

And with tools like the Lorby_SI Organizer you can also move entries installed via add-on.xml.

According to Hans it IS possible that a scenery contains procedures so the AI traffic can fly it. Trying to get to the bottom of this.

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

According to Hans it IS possible that a scenery contains procedures so the AI traffic can fly it. Trying to get to the bottom of this.

That is VERY interesting!  I thought AI Aircraft only followed the Traffic.bgls, so this is really neat!

vor 5 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

That is VERY interesting!  I thought AI Aircraft only followed the Traffic.bgls, so this is really neat!

it's not the complete procedures (SID/STAR) but only the approaches (in some way...)

There was a freeware "AI Controller" that "took over" the AI some dozens of mile before the airport and made them follow SID/STAR's but it seems to be abandoned and it used navdata converted from the PMDG format.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Best solution would be if you ask fsaerodata to add their addon via add-on.xml or you will run with another addon into the same problem.

I added it via add-on.xml myself. Will later upload the file.

Archived