Performance Improvement FSX:SE

Dandy Bhagaswara

Hello Friends and Folks

I need more advice/recommendation from all members here, i'm expecting that there are so many experienced simmers in this forum.

So here i'm talking about Performance/FPS

Many years ago, we all know that venetubo/bojote/jesus whatever they called, had a great website tools to tweak fsx.cfg. But sadly, it's no longer exist on the internet. I've been there too, and yes i'm satisfied with the result, getting that balanced between Performance and Quality.

There's actually some alternative manual tweaking from kostas, i've tried testing and tweaking as kostas said on his website, but i still didnt get the result.

Any sharing experience for tweaking or advice will be appreciated. Thank You.

My Specs:

Intel Core i5-8300H @ 2.30GHz

Win 10 Home 64 Bit

1TB SSHD

8GB DDR4

4GB GTX1050Ti GDDR5

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Dandy,

Venetubo was a good cfg tweak tool back in the days, I always used it to get my desired tweaks and it certainly added that extra fps boost we were looking for back then.

Looking at your system set up, I'm no expert here, you CPU seems to be a bottleneck when it comes to performance. A higher clockspeed would certainly add more fps to your current set up but my guess is that that's not a real option looking at the CPU, still no expert here just my personal experience.

So in the end the only tweak I have fo you is a system upgrade but that's an investment. If you do take the leap and invest in a new system you can also question the fact if you shouldn't upgrade to P3D V4 and benefit of the new hardware ;)

18 hours ago, Jeroen Doorman said:

Hi Dandy,

Venetubo was a good cfg tweak tool back in the days, I always used it to get my desired tweaks and it certainly added that extra fps boost we were looking for back then.

Looking at your system set up, I'm no expert here, you CPU seems to be a bottleneck when it comes to performance. A higher clockspeed would certainly add more fps to your current set up but my guess is that that's not a real option looking at the CPU, still no expert here just my personal experience.

So in the end the only tweak I have fo you is a system upgrade but that's an investment. If you do take the leap and invest in a new system you can also question the fact if you shouldn't upgrade to P3D V4 and benefit of the new hardware ;)

Hello Jeroen. Thanks for sharing!

Yes. Upgrading hardware would be giving much more impact for performance, but i dont have a plan to it. So what i’m looking for is how to maximize the hardware that i have, by tweaking the software, that’s all. 

Speaking of P3DV4, there are still some addons, ivao interface that not fully worked on P3DV4. So i’ll stick with FSX:SE. 

Archived