EZDok hijacks View System pullout...how to remedy?

Hello!  I installed v3 of EZDok after upgrading to it in my installation of FSX:SE.  Once I did, started the sim and selected an A320 aircraft I noted that two of the "view system" pullout choices had been "hijacked" by EZDok to display certain camera views.  Struggling with how to change these wasn't proving fruitful so I removed the EZDok installation and restarted the PC.  After restarting FSX:SE and reselecting the Airbus I note that the two "view system" choices are still linked to EZDok views although it is no longer installed.  I'm guessing that those selections are buried in a .cfg file somewhere and am wondering what the best way is to reset them to Aerosoft's original settings without having to reinstall the aircraft.  Any thoughts anyone?

59 minutes ago, David Rosenblum said:

Hello!  I installed v3 of EZDok after upgrading to it in my installation of FSX:SE.  Once I did, started the sim and selected an A320 aircraft I noted that two of the "view system" pullout choices had been "hijacked" by EZDok to display certain camera views.  Struggling with how to change these wasn't proving fruitful so I removed the EZDok installation and restarted the PC.  After restarting FSX:SE and reselecting the Airbus I note that the two "view system" choices are still linked to EZDok views although it is no longer installed.  I'm guessing that those selections are buried in a .cfg file somewhere and am wondering what the best way is to reset them to Aerosoft's original settings without having to reinstall the aircraft.  Any thoughts anyone?

Sure.  So EZDoc makes changes to the Aircraft.cfg file, and (I don't have EZDoc, I use Chaseplane) and when EZDoc is removed it seems as if the aircraft.cfg file is not being restored.  Check the folder where the Airbus aircraft.cfg is, and see if EZDoc made a backup.  If so, use the backup aircraft.cfg and you should be fine.  If not, you can uninstall and reinstall the Airbus and that will certainly resolve this for you.

Note please, this is an EZDoc related issue (it has nothing to do with our software) so if  you need further support I recommend reaching out to EZDoc.

Best wishes!

21 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Sure.  So EZDoc makes changes to the Aircraft.cfg file, and (I don't have EZDoc, I use Chaseplane) and when EZDoc is removed it seems as if the aircraft.cfg file is not being restored.  Check the folder where the Airbus aircraft.cfg is, and see if EZDoc made a backup.  If so, use the backup aircraft.cfg and you should be fine.  If not, you can uninstall and reinstall the Airbus and that will certainly resolve this for you.

Note please, this is an EZDoc related issue (it has nothing to do with our software) so if  you need further support I recommend reaching out to EZDoc.

Best wishes!

Thanks Dave!  I suspected it was something like that and will research your suggestion.  I just wasn't sure which .cfg file to start with.  And, to be clear, I understood it to be a problem associated with EZDok and not the fault of the aircraft model but, unfortunately, EZDok documentation is scarce and I went on the suspicion that others who used both the aircraft and EZDok may have also experienced this issue.  It is why I posted it on this forum and didn't submit a support ticket to Aerosoft.  I thought that someone may have had to grapple with this.

Again, mahalo for the response!

David

1 minute ago, David Rosenblum said:

Thanks Dave!  I suspected it was something like that and will research your suggestion.  I just wasn't sure which .cfg file to start with.  And, to be clear, I understood it to be a problem associated with EZDok and not the fault of the aircraft model but, unfortunately, EZDok documentation is scarce and I went on the suspicion that others who used both the aircraft and EZDok may have also experienced this issue.  It is why I posted it on this forum and didn't submit a support ticket to Aerosoft.  I thought that someone may have had to grapple with this.

Again, mahalo for the response!

David

You are most welcome my friend!  Anytime.  Sounds like you've zeroed in on things.  Let me know if you need more help.

My very best wishes for a quick resolution followed by very Happy Flights!

Archived