Issues with vPilot from Cold and Dark

Leacho

Hi All,

I seem to be having issues with vPilot (vatsim) when starting the A320 from cold and dark.

I have ensured that the aircraft is APU powered, the IRS is aligned and the 3 radio switches are on. I can see the frequency on the radio panels and select the correct frequency, but every time I push to talk, I just get a buzz, when I try to write text it just says 'no frequencies transmitting'. Only thinks I can see on the overhead are the 2 gen packs are showing fault - but didn't think these came on until engine start?

Any ideas?

Thanks

29 minutes ago, Leacho said:

Hi All,

I seem to be having issues with vPilot (vatsim) when starting the A320 from cold and dark.

I have ensured that the aircraft is APU powered, the IRS is aligned and the 3 radio switches are on. I can see the frequency on the radio panels and select the correct frequency, but every time I push to talk, I just get a buzz, when I try to write text it just says 'no frequencies transmitting'. Only thinks I can see on the overhead are the 2 gen packs are showing fault - but didn't think these came on until engine start?

Any ideas?

Thanks

It's been a known issue for at least a year prior to release, and there are several topics here in the forums about this including a work around.  Hopefully the people running things on the development side will finally start looking at this, and I made another plea last week for that to happen (and got back crickets by the way).

Best wishes.

Just now, Leacho said:

Ah sorry, I didn't see the other posts - what is the workaround?

You can search our forums for either "VATSIM" or "VATSIM Radio" and you'll find it.  There are numerous threads on this, and I just don't see the need to have yet another thread with the same information.

Below is a direct link to one of many posts here that contains the same exactly information.  But next time you'll get a faster result from searching the forums.  Don't get me wrong, if you want to create new posts for issues when there are already posts and fixes posted, then that's absolutely fine with me, and I'll be happy to response when I'm able (as will the other guys here).  I only suggest using the Forum search so you can get immediate answers.   Additionally, Google indexes all of the flight sim websites, and you can do searches like "Aerosoft Airbus VATSIM Radio" and it will also take you directly to the results from our forums as well as the forums from other flight sim websites.  Again, the reason is to get immediate answers, if you hate/refuse or just don't want to search, that's fine.  But what usually happens is the staff then searches the manuals or websites for the person asking the question and provides them the link or reference, which of course means that in addition to providing actual tech support, we essentially become your search engine for people and a lot of people believe there is something fundamentally wrong with that.

Best wishes!

Thanks for the quick reply Dave - sorry I didn't spend more time looking for the answer - I must admit, after spending 45 mins setting up the aircraft and then getting a buzz when wanting to request comms - I was less than happy!

Just now, Leacho said:

Thanks for the quick reply Dave - sorry I didn't spend more time looking for the answer - I must admit, after spending 45 mins setting up the aircraft and then getting a buzz when wanting to request comms - I was less than happy!

Well, I'm sorry to hear about your experience, I truly am.  But remember that every single flight sim aircraft developed in the communities 37 year history has issues post release. We customers in the community already know that if we decide to purchase a complex aircraft within a year of release their will be bugs, and the more complex the aircraft the more bugs and longer to correct them.  It's the way it is, and development is done this way for very specific reasons (unless people want to pay the actual value of the software, which is around $5700 USD per copy).

And since we know their are bugs during this post release time period, it really pays to stay informed by monitoring the product forum for any such product regardless of who makes it.  Step over to Quality Wings or PMDG and you'll see that their most recent releases have had FAR more bugs than our Airbus has and ours has 7 different aircraft!  I'm not competing, those guys are our friends.  It's just an example.

Anyway, you have the work around (pretty quick/easy) and I will continue to ask those managing development until they get this one fixed.

Best wishes for Happy Flights!

52 minutes ago, Leacho said:

Sorry Dave - that wasn't a moan - I love the Airbus!! what an amazing bit of kit!

Hey my friend, even if it had been it's no problem at all!  I just feel bad we haven't resolved this one for you guys yet!

Since you fly on VATSIM, I'll keep a look out for you... maybe we can do a flight together sometime!  I'd love that!

Best wishes!

Archived