Extreme slow climb

Crabby

I have not seen this issue on any flight before.

149.2 ZFW

23.6 fuel both weights in lbs

KSEA to KPHX

Ran into the managed speed issue that still happens but for me at least very rarely now.  After switching the arrival rwy in the MCDU the problem went away as before, but now I am climbing at less than 500 ft/min in managed mode with a CI of 80.  My epr is 1.517 and the CLB rating shows 1.519.  I have flown this heavy in the past with no issues.  If I go off A/T or push the levers to max nothing changes with regard to engine output.  I show the modes as THR CLB    CLB    NAV.  All MCP buttons are pushed to the plane.  

Is it just the weight?  I mean I flew earlier at 148 zfw and the climb was what I call airbus slow...slow but normal from what i have exprerienced....

Mark

• Herman locked and unlocked this topic
13 hours ago, Mark Crabtree said:

I have not seen this issue on any flight before.

149.2 ZFW 

23.6 fuel both weights in lbs

Hold on... I don't believe this was a bug.

149.2 ZFW?   I believe you were loaded far too heavy for takeoff, and that would certainly cause a slow climb.  Did you happen to notice all the Red in the Fuel Planner?

negtive there was no red on the flight planner.  T/O weight on my planner does not turn red until around 195 to 196.  That seems high but I never fly that heavy.  I believe the actual max t/o is around 180.  So yes I was heavy but not too heavy.  For whatever reason the Aerosoft airbuses have always seemed to climb very lethargically, including the last version on FSX.  Right now I took off at 144.6 with 26.2 in fuel KPHX to MMMX  FL350 using a CI of 80  I am climbing at around 1000 fpm.  I can change the CI and for a while the plane climbs faster until reaching the new climb speed then settles in around the same v/speed.  Granted my comparison for climbs too slow is compared to the PMDG, Quality Wings and Leonardo aircraft I have.  I don't know what the climb speeds should be in real life.  In chatting with others when I bring up the "slow climb" I am told that in their cases it does not happen.  However routinely I am seeing it take 200+ miles to reach FL350.  Normally I fly on the heavy side for no paricular reason other than I feel I am doing more with the aircraft (carrying more pax and boxes).  I fly the PMDG 737-800 at 130+ ZFW.  So again, my frame of refernce may be off.  Any references to real world characteristics would be great.  Using 1.2.3.0 and did a clean install including deleting all folders after uninstall and a reboot before and after re-install. 

Also, I want to make clear I am not complaining at all.  My first reaction to a perceived abnormal situation is to assume I am doing something that needs fixing.  When that fails, I look for other areas....lol.

One other observation.  In my current flight I flew 190 nm until top of climb to FL350 from KPHX.  No ATC so no climb stops.  Just rotate and managed climb all the way up.  It seems excessive, but I really don't know.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is really strange. I did 2 flights yesterday  a longer flight EDDM-LIRF (~ 500nm) with the A320 at FL340 nd later, LIRF-LIEE with the A318 (~250nm) at FL300 and had no problem at all.

All with CI30 and nearly full loaded aorcraft. What was your climb speed? It would be help if you could post some screenshots of the fuel page in MCDU3 and of the INIT B, Perf pages and FCU

And you are 100% sure you used in the aircraft and the planner lbs?

Archived