Strange things at sartup

Jov

I have set the panel state for startup to "turn around".

now sometimes, the external power is connected but not on, sometimes it is connected and on.

Since the update, it happens that external power is connected and external GPU is connected.

So within the checklist I can disconnect external power GPU but not ext. power. even after I press the button, it stays in orange.

However, most of the time, the checklist will continue.

Just now, the checklist jumped from cockpit preparation to after start, I could do the b4 start CL.

• Aerosoft

That just makes very little sense as the state solidly forces all systems in one setting, We have no idea why on your system this is overwritten by something else.

As we have never seen this before, is there anybody else who can confirm this issue?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Jov,

So so I understand you correctly. When you initiate turnaround state, sometimes the EXT PWR light says ”AVAIL” and the plane is not powered up and sometimes is says ”ON” and the plane is powered up. Is this correct?

When you say it stays in orange, do you mean the External power setting on 3rd MCDU? So that it doesn’t do anything when you press it?

Well Mathijs Kok, that's how it is here. Can I find a list somewhere, how the "turn around" state should be? Then I could check every time
what's different. Since I fly different aircraft, I am not testing the Aerosoft Airbus all the time.

I did a clean reinstall with the latest update...

Flight this morning, system freshly booted, A320 "EXT PWR" was "AVAIL", PFD and ND blank. In the checklist both Ext Power GPU and EXT Power were connected. I could disconnect the Ext Pwr GPU but not the Ext Pwr. the second only after turning the Ext PWr overhead off.

Second flight A319, EXT PWR was on and only EXT PWR GPU connected. I did not do the checklist further, here.

Strange.

Secondator, yes that is correct. And I don't have a reproducable error yet. Sometimes the EXT PWR is on and sometimes the light is green and EXT PWR says "Avail" If I press the button then, everything is powered up immediately.

The second incident is strange, it came with the last update. Yes I am referring to the 3rd MCDU. In the b4  Start Checklist, after the left forward door is closed, you come to the point "EXT PWR" the answer is "disconnected and off" Then you have to turn the power off and disconnect the external power (if they are in orange, it means that they are connected.

I will take pictures and refresh this post, to be more credible.

• Deputy Sheriffs
12 minutes ago, Jov said:

Secondator, yes that is correct. And I don't have a reproducable error yet. Sometimes the EXT PWR is on and sometimes the light is green and EXT PWR says "Avail" If I press the button then, everything is powered up immediately.

Thank you. This is a known issue. No estimate for fix right now unfortunately. The quick workaround is to just press EXT PWR button when it says AVAIL and everything should work normally.

And thanks, I had found the workaround already, just thought it would be something that the developers would care to know.

But I believe there are more pressing things ;o)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Are you using GSX2? Currently there are problems / conflicts with the GPU built into its jetways and the ones used by the Aerosoft Airbus. But this problem will be solved with the next experimental update e.g. this GSX function will not be available anymore in connection with the Aerosoft Airbus. Which GPU is used in connection with the Aerosoft Airbus can be selected in the MCDU3 Groundservices options and this setting is the basis when loading an ACFT STATE e.g. one of the two should be available. Normally in the Turn Around state the EXT PWR already should be connected and is ON. If this is not the case then check the MCDU3 Groundservice GPU settings.

Regards,

Rolf   

Archived