Which Sounds were Removed?

atav757

I saw the changelog for the latest experimental version and was excited to see brake fans were implemented! I have no access to a computer for awhile so I’m curious, which obsolete sounds were removed? Is it the external packs?

9 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No, it's mainly immersion sounds that were replaced.

Thanks for your reply. So are the ext pack / VC avionic sounds still being worked on?

• Aerosoft

It's complex, with many conflicting points of view. 

We have asked one of our advising pilots do so a recording with a calibrated recording device. The problem is that what is recorded does not sound at all what YT videos include. And the fact that what many people expect to hear is a 2005 Airbus and not the more modern ones we are modeling,  Our problem is if we want to do what people expect or what is what we recorded. There is no good answer to that as no matter what we do people will be upset.

It all reminds me of the F-16 project where we had an actual very high-end recording of what the pilot heard. Small microphones inside the headset. Costs a small fortune to set that up. It was simply near perfect. Confirmed by 5 viperdrivers. Customers hated it as they could not hear the engines loud enough. So we dropped the whole sound set and made a rather silly one from the external sounds as if the pilot did not have a massive helmet with 6 cm of noise protection. Customers loved it. 

It learned us that realism is relative. That why you hear the gear and flaps in every add-on I know. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived