SAM with EDDF

scotth6

Hi,

I just recently downloaded the new update for Frankfurt in XP11 which included the SAM plugin.  Does this work out of the box, or do I need to do something to enable it?  I installed all the files in the directories, and SAM is now appearing in the plugins menu and I can pull up a menu for it to add to other airports etc, but when I started at EDDF Gate A30 in the Flight Factor A320 I could not get the gate to move.  The SAM directions just say there should be no fuel flow and the beacon should be off, both of which I complied with.  Maybe there is a conflict with the FFA320 which also has a menu for jetways which must be used to load passenegers?

Cheers,

• Administrator

Hello,

the SAM plugin byself is out of the box. It must lay in the plugins folder and it should be always the newest Version.

The SAM_Library must lay in the Custom Scenery Folder and also it shall be the newest version.

Both you get here:

The SAM.xml file is the only file which depends on the Airport. But this file will always be included with te Addon Airport.

Nor action neccessary here.

Do you have ckecked the Jetways with another plane?

Greets Heinz

Hi Heinz,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried again last night and tonight with the default MD-80 and the jetways appear to be working.  The bellows do not move and wrap around the fuselage, but I assume that is normal, as it doesn't look like they were modelled.

It looks like there must be a conflict with SAM and the Flight Factor A320.

Cheers,

Scott

P.S. - I accidentally posted this reply in another topic.  You may want to delete it from that thread?

Cheers,

On 2/14/2019 at 11:23 PM, scotth6 said:

Hi Heinz,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried again last night and tonight with the default MD-80 and the jetways appear to be working.  The bellows do not move and wrap around the fuselage, but I assume that is normal, as it doesn't look like they were modelled.

It looks like there must be a conflict with SAM and the Flight Factor A320.

Cheers,

Scott

P.S. - I accidentally posted this reply in another topic.  You may want to delete it from that thread?

Cheers,

Hello scotth6,

The picture above is not loading, it says I do not have permission to see it. 

Try to disable the automatic gate option in the SAM options and try to connect the jetway yourself, by selecting the correct gate of your location. This worked for me on the A320 FF (latest beta). I had the same issue at Zürich, it's probably a general thing. As the SAM documentation says, I assume you have turned off your engines (no fuel flow) and beacon light? Make sure you are aligned right. Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Joe

20 minutes ago, Joachim (Joe) said:

Hello scotth6,

The picture above is not loading, it says I do not have permission to see it. 

Try to disable the automatic gate option in the SAM options and try to connect the jetway yourself, by selecting the correct gate of your location. This worked for me on the A320 FF (latest beta). I had the same issue at Zürich, it's probably a general thing. As the SAM documentation says, I assume you have turned off your engines (no fuel flow) and beacon light? Make sure you are aligned right. Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Joe

Hi Joe,

I can't see that anymore either, but it was just a link to another thread in the updates section which I accidentally posted in.  It probably isn't showing now because I asked Heinz or someone else to delete my reply because it was in the wrong thread.

Thanks very much for your info.  I will give that a try.  I am also having some CTDs with the FFA320, but that's another story :) .  Otherwise it is a fantastic plane.

Cheers,

21 minutes ago, scotth6 said:

Hi Joe,

I can't see that anymore either, but it was just a link to another thread in the updates section which I accidentally posted in.  It probably isn't showing now because I asked Heinz or someone else to delete my reply because it was in the wrong thread.

Thanks very much for your info.  I will give that a try.  I am also having some CTDs with the FFA320, but that's another story :) .  Otherwise it is a fantastic plane.

Cheers,

Alright no problem, I was just wondering what the screenshot was showing, to help you. Let us know it goes. Is it XP11 with the CTD or the FFA320? Best way to resolve any CTD with the FFA320 is to remove the aircraft folder (save anything custom, changed, for example liveries) and re-install the aircraft. Where did you buy the aircraft, depending on this, get the latest stable release. If you having CTD issues I would suggest not using beta.

3 hours ago, Joachim (Joe) said:

Alright no problem, I was just wondering what the screenshot was showing, to help you. Let us know it goes. Is it XP11 with the CTD or the FFA320? Best way to resolve any CTD with the FFA320 is to remove the aircraft folder (save anything custom, changed, for example liveries) and re-install the aircraft. Where did you buy the aircraft, depending on this, get the latest stable release. If you having CTD issues I would suggest not using beta.

Hi Joe,

It wasn't actually a screenshot, but it was just a link to the Frankfurt 1.10 update thread, which is the thread I accidentally posted in before.

Yeah, thanks, I actually did that the other day.  I had updated to the beta with the updater, but was experiencing CTDs with my first two flights.  I downloaded from XPlane.org where I purchased it and got the latest stable version and reinstalled from scratch.  Unfortunately I also had a CTD with my next flight.  It seems to be a silent close, as I get no error reprts or messages, but that may be due to my new Windows 10 setup.  I'm not sure if Windows error reporting is set up.  I will have to go through and disable plugins to see if there is a conflict there.  The problem is each CTD has occurred well in to the flight at cruising altitude, so I can't test really quickly.

Cheers,

22 hours ago, scotth6 said:

Hi Joe,

It wasn't actually a screenshot, but it was just a link to the Frankfurt 1.10 update thread, which is the thread I accidentally posted in before.

Yeah, thanks, I actually did that the other day.  I had updated to the beta with the updater, but was experiencing CTDs with my first two flights.  I downloaded from XPlane.org where I purchased it and got the latest stable version and reinstalled from scratch.  Unfortunately I also had a CTD with my next flight.  It seems to be a silent close, as I get no error reprts or messages, but that may be due to my new Windows 10 setup.  I'm not sure if Windows error reporting is set up.  I will have to go through and disable plugins to see if there is a conflict there.  The problem is each CTD has occurred well in to the flight at cruising altitude, so I can't test really quickly.

Cheers,

oh okay, I understand. This problems are the worse, no indications to help you. Alright, let me know if you need any more help with troubleshooting and see what the Windows Event viewer says.

Archived