A line on the display

Hi, I jus started a flight in a A319 and set everything up and see a long line where the left flap indicator is.

P3D 4.4, just bought so I know it's up to date as the updater said is was.

Windows 10 Pro, no Defender or AV, is wasn't doing this yesterday on the other busses.  It's the new Lufthansa livery I installed.

Thanks

Please login to display this image.

13 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Saw this once in another topic. Reinstallation solved the problem.

BTW, how did you make the update to P3Dv4.4, Client only?

No sir, I recently had to do a 100% complete reinstall of the PC, Windows 10 Pro then P3D.  Jetline built it so they walked me though it.  Then I installed a brand new fresh copy of P3D 4.4.  Just a couple of months ago.  I just installed the Airbus maybe three or four days ago?  I quit the sim and re-ran it and now I don’t see that line.  The screenshot was taken at night but I loaded the same Lufthansa plane during the day and didn’t see the line.  Maybe it was a one off?

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It migth very well be. I have seen this issue on my own system a few times but was never able to reliably reproduce it for the developers. Any more info is welcome!

Thank you sir.  I will keep an eye on it and make a note if I see it again.

Jack, I saw your Private Message, and the line you're seeing as well as what you included in the PM leads me to believe that you either were not on the 1.2.3.0 version OR that the install didn't go as it should have, or both maybe.

I would completed uninstall the Airbus, then manually check to ensure all related folders were removed by the uninstaller.  Then reboot, re-download the product, disable computer security, run the installer "As Admin", and reboot after the install is complete.  Then disable computer security and run the AsUpdater "As Admin".  Also, be sure the Fuel Planner and Configurator are also set to run "As Admin".

If you have graphics related issues after that, you may wish to uninstall and wipe your graphic card drivers using DDU, then install the latest drivers.

Finally, be sure you are entering the required data into the INIT Page 2 (this is for some of the issue you sent to me via Private Message).

Best wishes!

Thanks Dave.  But that’s exactly what I did when I bought it.

I downloaded it, I never use Defender, don’t have any AV at all on the PC, and 100% of the time I run everything as admin.

In the Windows Control Panel it shows 1.2.3.0.

I’ve spent the morning so far making autolands and all is working perfectly, I haven’t seen that line.  Mr. Kok said this could be a one off so I’m really hesitant to do a complete reinstall. I posted back to him that if I saw it again I’d let him know.

As far as Page 2 goes, I’ll have to keep testing with the tutorial flight.  I’ve made two so far and on climbout it porpoises wildly and either goes to A.FLOOR or overspeeds.

And lastly, what are those two moving things right above the rudder pedals?  I forget but it seems when I select managed altittude, I think that’s it, they move down.  I can click them one at a time and they move up and down.  I searched the internet for a long time and could find no information on these things.  They’re directly to the right and left of the pilot’s table.

Many thanks.

3 minutes ago, JackSwyr said:

Thanks Dave.  But that’s exactly what I did when I bought it.

I downloaded it, I never use Defender, don’t have any AV at all on the PC, and 100% of the time I run everything as admin.

In the Windows Control Panel it shows 1.2.3.0.

I’ve spent the morning so far making autolands and all is working perfectly, I haven’t seen that line.  Mr. Kok said this could be a one off so I’m really hesitant to do a complete reinstall. I posted back to him that if I saw it again I’d let him know.

As far as Page 2 goes, I’ll have to keep testing with the tutorial flight.  I’ve made two so far and on climbout it porpoises wildly and either goes to A.FLOOR or overspeeds.

And lastly, what are those two moving things right above the rudder pedals?  I forget but it seems when I select managed altittude, I think that’s it, they move down.  I can click them one at a time and they move up and down.  I searched the internet for a long time and could find no information on these things.  They’re directly to the right and left of the pilot’s table.

Many thanks.

Hey, if you're up and running fine then I wouldn't mess with it either!

Foot rests.  If you go onto the flight deck of say a 737 you'll see the paint/carpet (it changes during overhauls/updates) is basically worn away from the flight crew taking their feet off the rudder pedals and putting them up.  Airbus got smart about this, and provided foot rests.  The automatiion you're seeing simulates the pilots putting them down.

Best wishes.

7 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Hey, if you're up and running fine then I wouldn't mess with it either!

Foot rests.  If you go onto the flight deck of say a 737 you'll see the paint/carpet (it changes during overhauls/updates) is basically worn away from the flight crew taking their feet off the rudder pedals and putting them up.  Airbus got smart about this, and provided foot rests.  The automatiion you're seeing simulates the pilots putting them down.

Best wishes.

Thanks Dave, now that’s brilliant engineering!  I really love this plane!  Thanks again for your support, it’s amazing and extremely helpful!

Archived