Maastricht-Aachen update

• Aerosoft

The update is what we prefer to call a technical one. It changes everything to the latest standards (PBR etc) but no work has been done to update the content. So it is stuck in the 2015 state it was developed at.. So the files are as they are. Looks bloody good, but we would have liked to see it a bit different. However, these are good files and having them on my disk only makes no sense. If you own the product it's s fine improvement, if you want to buy this product, make sure you know what you buy. 

For now, it is what it is. Maastricht (Aachen stole it, lol) has always been one of my favorite airports and I am just happy to have it in my sim again.

• Deputy Sheriffs

A very common error not related to the addon itself, but your local environment. Google for it an you will find many suggestions.

I found this one here in the forum

• Aerosoft
17 hours ago, alexplgr said:

Hello 

trying to install the new Maastricht today and I have that message error and 

The feature error issue is one of the very worst to sort out. As Otto wrote, it indicates an issue with the OS and not the add-on, but it will very likely cause the same issue with every installer that is based on InstallShield.

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Andras popped up and I will ask him to fix the few open issues!

First of all, thanks for releasing the update although there were some open issues! Appreciate the service :) Good to see Andras popped up. This wil only make the scenery better!

Hi Mathijs,

I just installed the update for my home town Maastricht (download via Simmarket). I also have ORBX Netherlands True Earth installed.

After installing the update, I do not see the new scenery any more, no buildings, just AI. I did not have this issue before installing the update.

I have no special P3D settings that could trigger this effect.

Thank you for your advice,

Philippe

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Make sure that all Orbx entries are always below your last 3rd party scenery addon. You can do so by setting the  correct library insertion point in FTXCentral.

In the folder "Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_!NLD_05_SCENERY\scenery" i turned the following files to .off

ADE_FTX_NLD_EHBK.bgl.off
ADE_FTX_NLD_EHBK_CVX.bgl.off
FTX_NLD_EHBK_vegetation.bgl.off
FTX_NLD_EHBK_objects.bgl.off

The only incompatibility i have between Aerosoft Mastricht and ORBX Netherlands True Earth is an elevation problem in the near surrounding of the Airport with a few flying buildings. It does not look good but it is acceptable.

I still hope Aerosoft brings out a compatibility-patch...

Hello Matthijs,

I Purchased Maastricht-Aachen from FSPS store but I don't see an update there in my account. Do they get the update from Aerosoft? Updating form Aerosoft with the serial number from FSPS is not working.

HansK

• Deputy Sheriffs

Usually they should by available to provide you with the update, as all resellers have immediate access to new versions.

But try to register your version on this site:

https://support.aerosoft.com/pages/login

You have to setup an account, which is different to your Aerosoft shopaccount (in case you got one).

After installing the update, some AI items show up but no buildings.  I've installed the update 4 times using a fresh download for the last 2 installs.  As always, my antivirus is off for all the installs. Maastricht is the number 2 priority in my scenery library.  All my other Aerosoft airports are working fine.  I don't have ORBX Netherlands to interfere.  This seems like it should be something easy to fix or something simple I've overlooked.  Appreciate any ideas.  Thanks.

Never mind.....  I decided this was a good time to do the update to P3Dv4,4.  Whatever the problem, it disappeared during the update.  Sorry to bother everyone.  Great scenery!

On 2/24/2019 at 10:09 PM, mopperle said:

Make sure that all Orbx entries are always below your last 3rd party scenery addon. You can do so by setting the  correct library insertion point in FTXCentral.

Hi Moperle,

Thank you for your advice. I made the recommended modifications, but the result is still the same.

Is there anything else you would recommend?

Thank you again for your time and help.

just as a TRY - disable all that "FSX-Sceneries" an look if it has any effects.

maybe a misinterpreted exclude or something like that

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 hours ago, Philsalomon said:

Thank you for your advice. I made the recommended modifications, but the result is still the same.

Is there anything else you would recommend?

Phil, what exact version of P3Dv4 are you running? Maastricht v1.0.1.0 requires P3Dv4.4.

Archived