Error When Restoring Profile and Files

Gabe777

Hi.

OKAY, just tried - for first time ever - to restore an earlier config. Error.

So, I changed the backup location to the local disk, and experimented by making a backup, and then restoring.

This was what happened:

Image below and text from error:

Please login to display this image.

Simstarter.txt

On 2/13/2019 at 5:28 AM, Capt. PERO said:

It looks as the target folder already exists. Could it be? I will handle that error in next release.

Well yes the target folder will always exist won't it ?

I thought the idea of a backup is to restore an earlier version of the files ?

The original folder will always be in the correct place...… the p3d.cfg file will always be in the relevant folder, etc etc.

If thing go wrong, I just need to restore earlier versions of the files to those folders/

Thnx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Of course the target file exists..... they all do !

I am trying to restore a backup, so the all the current xml, exe and cfg files in various locations, will need to be oferwritten by the backed up files...... come on, the logic is pretty straightforward.

If the target file did not exist, my installation would really be messed up !

My p3d.cfg or addon.xml file is corrupt, do I restore a backup...... these corrupt files need to be replaced....with the backed up versions. So of course those target files are already there..... so why the error message ?

Or doesn't the backup utility actually backup these files ? In which case, it is rather misleading.

Archived