Managed speed issues

Secondator

• Aerosoft

We will be doing a full complete build next week as we really have the idea that the issue you face if one caused by a mix of files. What you 'always' see is something we are sometimes see (under conditions we are trying to pin down) so it will be good if all people are on the same platform.

• Upvote 1

I, too, am suddenly experiencing this issue as we speak for the first time.  I've completed about 100 flights or so since purchasing Airbus Professional and have not had any issues until this flight.

Operating System: Windows 10
Simulator version: P3D v4.4.16.27077
Airbus version: 1.2.1.5
Add-ons in use: Active Sky, OrbX Scenery, FSDT GSX

System specs: Intel Core i7 4790, 16GB RAM, GTX970, Samsung SSD HD

Description of the issue: I am currently flying the A319 CFM; I noticed after taking off, raising the landing gear, and retracting flaps that the speed would not go above 200 knots IAS on the PFD.  The autopilot was engaged (managed climb mode), as well as autothrottle (in managed mode).  I thought maybe there was a speed restriction in the SID for 200 knots, but after checking the route in the MCDU I found that there were no speed restrictions.  Also, to my surprise, I noticed that the managed climb speed in the MCDU was clearly set to 299/.79, however, the autothrottle/autopilot would just not follow it.  I manually selected the speed at that point.  Just to try it once I reached climb (37,000 feet), I pushed the speed knob to try managed mode again, and even though the MCDU showed a programmed cruise speed of Mach .79, when I hit the button magenta speed commanded on the PFD immediately dropped to 99 knots!

Are you able to reproduce the issue? This is the first flight I have had this problem on, but I will enable logging and try a few more flights over the next couple of days.

Additional information (route, weights, special area where the issue occurred etc.):

Route: (KPHX to KORD) - KPHX FORPE1 ABQ FTI J18 GCK J96 IRK BENKY5 (No Speed restrictions on SID)

Weights:

ZFW - 114,785 lbs.

Taxi - 137,607 lbs.

T/O - 136,409 lbs.

LDGW - 123,819 lbs.

118 PAX, 5354 lbs. of Cargo, and 20,000 lbs. of Fuel on Board

• Upvote 3

Morning, i am having the same issue after a full reinstall, shutdown, AV off. I climbed up to CL and then speed started decreasing. I'm sure it's nothing overly crazy that can't be fixed. When i update the buses, should i exclude the experimental updates and just stick with the regular? Thanks for the great products.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Alright, thanks!

Please update to the latest version using the ASUpdater. It should update to version 1.2.2.1 (experimental updates unchecked). 

Also, see what Mathijs said above. We are working on a new complete build of the Airbus and we hope it puts everyone back on a clean setup if there has been anything in the past updates that could have gone wrong and left the bus in a state where people see these issues. So we'll see if we still get reports on this issue after that update. Stay tuned!

• Upvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs

We have just pushed out version 1.2.3.0. Please let us know if you still experience this issue on the new version after a clean install. Also the new logging features are again available after withdrawing 1.2.2.2, so if you experience the issue still try to get some log files or saved flight file before the issue happens (through autosave for example).

Hi and thanks for releasing the new version!

Is this the recommended clean install procedure?

1) remove the product using the Windows Software control panel (do not manually delete the program files)
2) do a disk check (right click on the drive, select properties, select tools, select check now)
3) reboot your computer
4) log in with administrative rights
5) disable the anti-virus software temporary
6) install the product
7) enable the anti-virus software
8. defragment your disk (NOT if you are using a SSD)

I looked for a sticky about clean installs, but I couldn't find one.

Many thanks,

Dave.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please ignore step 4 but instead run the installer in step 6 as administrator (right click on the program symbol and then "run as administrator").

6 hours ago, Secondator said:

We have just pushed out version 1.2.3.0. Please let us know if you still experience this issue on the new version after a clean install. Also the new logging features are again available after withdrawing 1.2.2.2, so if you experience the issue still try to get some log files or saved flight file before the issue happens (through autosave for example).

RE new logging features, are there new logging options in the Aerosoft A318/A319 Configurator?  I just see the same three as before - FMGS, A3XX Connect Pro, and Alt Process. 

I uninstalled and re-installed by the above process.

Harold

A319 v1.2.3.0 managed speed drop approx. 6 mins after takeoff.  Was climbing nicely at 250 kts until drop to 195 kts happened.

Did not have logging enabled, so I will setup again with logging and re-fly.

UPDATE.  When I went into the configurator to turn logging options on, I noticed the CI option was checked (0-999).  I was using a CI of 30 in this flight.  I cleared the check mark to use the 0-99 scale ofr the re-fly.

Harold

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, haroldeh said:

RE new logging features, are there new logging options in the Aerosoft A318/A319 Configurator?  I just see the same three as before - FMGS, A3XX Connect Pro, and Alt Process. 

The logging is still the same, we have just enabled more parameters to be logged within these files, especially the ALT Process log.

Of course, turn logging on and NO problem on the re-fly.  Will continue flying with logging on.

Are the logs deleted at the start of a new flight or do they need to be manually deleted?

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 minutes ago, Irishcurse said:

1.2.3.0 In the climb same problem. Over 3 months now. I hope this gets resolved soon.

Please enable logging and provide the log file. This will help to track it down.

And what happened to you, please some description, as requested in first post.

Hello, i have the same problem with the new update. The manged speed goes down in the climb to only 220 knots.

Update: then i reach cruise the managed speed goes down to only 120 knotes so need to fly with selcceted speed. you can see in the MCDU that the managed speed normaly set right (.78)

I have version 1.2.3.0 installer from aerosoft.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Irishcurse said:

I am not a beta tester. I am just letting you know it isnt working as it hasnt for the last 3 months. Sorry. Beta testers get the product for free.

I understand... many people in our community don't understand flight sim development and why customer bug reporting is so important.

It's true, beta testers receive the product that they're testing for free.  So in this case, that's $80 USD for 3 years of work.  See, Beta Testes are often very experienced flight simmers and real world pilots who could absolutely pay for the product, and the time and knowledge they provide to the effort far exceeds what any developer could ever afford to pay them.  On top of that, given the number of different flight sim computers and different configurations is almost incalculable given the amount of different hardware and software (especially the vast number of flight sim addons, Windows updates, etc.), thus we have to rely on the community to report bugs, and if they report a bug then it's almost worthless to do so unless than provide a little more information.

See, if we were to perform development like some people think we should, then one Airbus product would either take 15 years to develop or it would sell for between $1800 and $3600 USD per copy - or some combination of the two.

It's up to you if you want to provide information on this bug... but before you decide, you need to know that MANY customers and Beta Testers have not experienced this issue.

Anyway, the choice is yours, and I don't have a problem with you not providing additional information. I just thought I'd give you a little background info.

Best wishes!

54 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

See, if we were to perform development like some people think we should, then one Airbus product would either take 15 years to develop and it would sell for between $1800 and $3600 USD per copy.

In the field I work (civil engineering) there's a saying that basically goes "if you have a perfect set of plans, you paid too much for them."  The punch line being, of course, that there's no such mythical creature.  I would expect software development is much the same.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I understand... many people in our community don't understand flight sim development and why customer bug reporting is so important.

It's true, beta testers receive the product that they're testing for free.  So in this case, that's $80 USD for 3 years of work.  See, Beta Testes are often very experienced flight simmers and real world pilots who could absolutely pay for the product, and the time and knowledge they provide to the effort far exceeds what any developer could ever afford to pay them.  On top of that, given the number of different flight sim computers and different configurations is almost incalculable given the amount of different hardware and software (especially the vast number of flight sim addons, Windows updates, etc.), thus we have to rely on the community to report bugs, and if they report a bug then it's almost worthless to do so unless than provide a little more information.

See, if we were to perform development like some people think we should, then one Airbus product would either take 15 years to develop or it would sell for between $1800 and $3600 USD per copy - or some combination of the two.

It's up to you if you want to provide information on this bug... but before you decide, you need to know that MANY customers and Beta Testers have not experienced this issue.

Anyway, the choice is yours, and I don't have a problem with you not providing additional information. I just thought I'd give you a little background info.

Best wishes!

Up to me? Dave you tried to tell me 3 months ago that even though prior to the updates I had no problems that the problem was suddenly I wasn't entering the info in the CDU correctly. Worked with 1.2.0.0 but with the next update suddenly I am a moron that can't enter the info. This has been going on for over 3 months. This is turning into the CRJ. My trouble has no consistent trend other than it happens 99% of the time in all models. I should fly the same flight over again like a beta tester to try and reproduce the bug. No, I don't enjoy the hobby so I can be a beta tester."Because Many customers and Beta testers have not experienced this issue" it makes it up to me and others that have to be the Beta testers for Aerosoft? You beta test for other developers. You obviously enjoy it so the rest of us should too I guess only we get to pay for the opportunity. Kind of like another AIrbus developer did.

• Upvote 1