Secondator

Managed speed issues

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, sticky said:

Hello All-

 

I am a new purchaser of Airbus Professional and noticed the bug immediately into my first flight.  I do hold a A320 series type rating and spend about 85 hours a month in one so I couple of odd things jumped out at me on the first fight.  I love the Aerosoft product as it is beautiful inside and out, the nice surprises like the printer and clip board.  The copilot and checklist feature is great too.

 

Anyway, back to the problem, I pretty much have a vanilla setup with just Active Sky and ChasePlane.  I'm probably wrong, but the managed speed mode seems to enter some form of approach mode soon after take off, and remains in the mode all through CLB/CRZ/DES.  It could also explain the goofy TOD predictions too.

 

What can I do to help?  Can I fly a short flight and somehow share a "log"?

 

Mike

 

Thanks Mike!

 

We'll be in touch with you via the email account you registered here in the forum.

 

(Mods... I will run quickly run through the T/S steps with Mike before passing info along)

 

Thanks again!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just completed a return flight from CYVR to KDVT. The flight from KDVT to CYVR yesterday had no problems.

On this occasion the speed problem occured. (Has happened on other flights but not all)

 

Operating System:

Windows 10 Pro Ver 1803 Build 17134.472
 

Simulator version:

P3D v4.4  (4.416.27077)

Airbus version:

Updater: 1.2.2.0

A320 1.2.2.1

Add-ons in use:

FSUIPC5 (FS-Products ACARS), Navigraph 1813, ORBX SC/NC/NRM/PNW  (Note: Clear Skies ASP4 is installed/available but not enabled on this flight)

System specs:

Asus Maximus IX Hero,i7-7700k CPU @4.2 GHz, 32GB Ram, EVGA GTX1080, SSD's. System build April 2017. All recent updates applied.

Description of the issue:

After a normal take-off and climb to Cruise the sim decided to change the cruise speed to 222. This resulted in a loss of altitude and the need to disengage AP, change to manual speed. Once recovered AP speed ,NAV and ALT were re-established. Managed speed was never recovered. Upon final approach speed was engaged for landing and all check list actions by copilot worked without issue. 

Are you able to reproduce the issue? If so, what are the exact steps you are taking for this issue to happen?

An attempt to save all logs and a special video was tried on a previous flight but no issues occurred. Today the flight was the reverse of the previous one but no video was captured and the speed issue occurred. Other flights along a similar route have also presented this issue

Additional information (route, weights, special area where the issue occurred etc.):

I have attached the logs, flight plan and load sheet use for this flight all in one zip file. I could only grab a screen shot of the vc at the time.

 

a320troublefile1.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I glance around all the reports in this threat and also the other threads regarding the issue it seems to be the issue occurred mostly at the A320/321.

 

On my side I never had the issue on flights with 318/319.

 

So it seems to be a additional bug in the 320/321 package like the 321 IAE landing behavior (6 degrees nose up) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the reports so far. We have just pushed a new experimental update (1.2.2.2) online which enables some new variables on logging to help to locate this issue better.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 21 Minuten, matty260191 sagte:

happened on this flight

 

5h are you serious? 😄

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yer you can see just after departure even though managed speed says 250 and everything is correct its sets 230 as managed then i checked before descent and it was 124kts if i set managed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seems to happen on longer flights and I fly the 321. 

8770K @ 4.8

2 x 1080s

32gb 3000mhz RAM

M2 SSD

win 10 pro

P3d 4.3

update 1.2.2.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Artox67 said:

 

It could accually help the team track the bug down watching the video , in that you get to see what the user does from start up untilll the managed speed bug appears and how the Airbus reacts after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that what I though if they can see what I do then they can maybe see a reason for it. have done 3 flights since this one without issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was the 1.2.2.2 experimental update withdrawn?  I'm currently on 1,2,2,1 and 1.2.2.2 does not show as available in ASUpdater.  Yes, I have enabled Experimental updates.

 

 

Harold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, haroldeh said:

Was the 1.2.2.2 experimental update withdrawn?  I'm currently on 1,2,2,1 and 1.2.2.2 does not show as available in ASUpdater.  Yes, I have enabled Experimental updates.

 

 

Harold


Affirm. Due to the multiple issues that users were experiencing with 1.2.2.2 update we decided that it's best to withdraw it for now. The next update will include the logging features mentioned above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Secondator said:


Affirm. Due to the multiple issues that users were experiencing with 1.2.2.2 update we decided that it's best to withdraw it for now. The next update will include the logging features mentioned above.

Will a new update be coming shortly to put us back to 1,2.2.1 without having to uninstal? please?sorry for stupid request but everytime i reinstall it appears to trigger new issues (perhaps due to my lack of knowledge) thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, hmsorpheus said:

Will a new update be coming shortly to put us back to 1,2.2.1 without having to uninstal? please?sorry for stupid request but everytime i reinstall it appears to trigger new issues (perhaps due to my lack of knowledge) thanks


Unfortunately, there won't be a rollback feature for 1.2.2.1 in the updater. To get back to 1.2.2.1 you have to do a clean reinstall of the Airbus and then apply the latest stable update by using the updater. We're sorry for the inconvenience. This kind of issues are very rare with the updater and we are working to improve it further.

Anyways, please keep this topic about the Managed speed issue. You can open a new topic about other issues so we can track everything better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, I understand an also i understand that selecting experimental comes with risk..i learnt my lesson on this. I do want to give one bit of feedback as a 100% loyal AS customer- (I buy your airports and have only the AS3xx that I fly , plus desperate for 330 :) My feedback is this, please think of your customers who want to fly and who dont want to study programming or Win7 or Win10 or over clocking or tomatoes or shaders or 4K or SDK - we just want to get off the ground and fly. The esier you make this for us, the less tweaking, reloading, rebooting, the happier we are, indeed it is one of the reasons I am so 100% AS...you tend to do this, you keep us flying.

 

Make your updater put hings right, when things go wrong is a big selling point for me, not sure if everyone sees it the same, but I really wish you could put it right for me, rather than telling me to put it right. I am sure you get my plea, cheers

 

Thanks again for the awesome products.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, hmsorpheus said:

OK, I understand an also i understand that selecting experimental comes with risk..i learnt my lesson on this. I do want to give one bit of feedback as a 100% loyal AS customer- (I buy your airports and have only the AS3xx that I fly , plus desperate for 330 :) My feedback is this, please think of your customers who want to fly and who dont want to study programming or Win7 or Win10 or over clocking or tomatoes or shaders or 4K or SDK - we just want to get off the ground and fly. The esier you make this for us, the less tweaking, reloading, rebooting, the happier we are, indeed it is one of the reasons I am so 100% AS...you tend to do this, you keep us flying.

 

Make your updater put hings right, when things go wrong is a big selling point for me, not sure if everyone sees it the same, but I really wish you could put it right for me, rather than telling me to put it right. I am sure you get my plea, cheers

 

Thanks again for the awesome products.

 

Thanks for the feedback! Believe me, the team feels the same way. What happened with 1.2.2.2. was bad and completely caught us off guard as well.  I think you guys will really like the update, which isn't far off.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

 

Thanks for the feedback! Believe me, the team feels the same way. What happened with 1.2.2.2. was bad and completely caught us off guard as well.  I think you guys will really like the update, which isn't far off.

 

Dave- cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Under another forum topic I had meticulously documented my issues with the Managed Speed bug on every flight.  I had also uninstalled and reinstalled several times with no positive effect.  Then, I followed a very meticulous process of uninstall, pausing a/v, installing as Admin, and rebooting as each new step was taken.  This cured the problem for me.  I went from getting the bug every flight (even more than once) to successful completion of at least 6 very similar flights.  However, others who tried my process did not all (if any) get the same result.

 

For some reason I had an issue with P3Dv4 that caused me to need to uninstall/reinstall again. I followed my own instructions, but to my surprise, I had the bug again.  After 2 uninstall/reinstall rounds with the same result, I tried the below process, and I just completed a successful flight.  Now, I do not think completing one flight necessarily proves this process absolutely cures the problem, but given the impact of this issue on many, I do not want to sit on this.  May as well let other test it, too.

 

Here is the "New" process.  I'm sure a few of the steps are totally unnecessary ... but this is what I did. 

 

I would advise caution in deleting some of the data/folders I delete below IF you have both the A318/319 AND A320/321 products.  I only have the 318/319 product.

 

-- uninstalled A319 Professional using Control Panel

 

New steps start here
-- checked that the uninstall had deleted the C:\Users\myname\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional folder and it had
-- saved flight plans (C:\Users\myname\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX Flightplans) in a new location and DELETED the folder
-- DELETED contents of C:\Users\myname\Documents\Aerosoft\General folder
-- Make a copy of the C:\Users\myname\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products folder and save in a safe place.  If you only have the as_a318_a319_prof.xml (or ONLY the comparable file for the 320), you can skip this step.
-- DELETED the C:\Users\myname\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater folder

New steps end here

 

-- paused a/v
-- re-download A319 Professional from my account and installed as Admin
-- restarted computer

 

New steps added here

-- Look at C:\Users\myname\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products.  If any files are missing, copy them back from the saved location. 

New steps end here

 

-- paused a/v, ran ASUpdater as Admin, installed all updates
-- restarted the computer.

 

New steps below

-- Take whatever actions necessary to recreate/reload your navdata.  For me it is in C:\Users\myname\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX Navigraph
-- Copy saved flight plans to C:\Users\myname\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX Flightplans
-- ran A3xx Configurator and set appropriate data there.


I never touched P3Dv4 until all this was completed.

 

 

I suspect the most important of the "new" steps is deleting the ASUpdater!  Can't imagine FlightPlans or navdata folders being the problem.  Still this is what I did.

 

 

Good luck.

 

Harold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi There,

I have been flying Aerosoft Airbuses for many years, first on FSX then P3d v2 with no problems.  On the 28th Dec I installed P3d v4.4 and also Airbus professional A318-A321.  Initially I had no problems with the aircraft, then a little over a week ago (an update perhaps) I started experiencing the same problems as other Airbus professional operators eg sudden loss of airspeed in managed mode during the climb or cruise. I also suspect that there are far more than 34 customers with this problem, they are just waiting to see if the problems can be solved.

 

I note that the popular theory at the moment is the various weather engines are causing the problems.  However, at the moment the only weather I am using is the P3d 4.4 in house weather as I am still deciding which system to use. So it would appear that in my case Active Sky, Rex, IVAO and IVAP for example are not the culprits.

 

I hope this problem is solved soon, it is spoiling what was an excellent Aerosoft addon.  Was looking forward to the arrival of the A330-300.

 

Best regards

 

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Completed a second successful flight with no managed speed issues after the above uninstall/re-install process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, haroldeh said:

Under another forum topic I had meticulously documented my issues with the Managed Speed bug on every flight.  I had also uninstalled and reinstalled several times with no positive effect.  Then, I followed a very meticulous process of uninstall, pausing a/v, installing as Admin, and rebooting as each new step was taken.  This cured the problem for me.  I went from getting the bug every flight (even more than once) to successful completion of at least 6 very similar flights.  However, others who tried my process did not all (if any) get the same result.

 

For some reason I had an issue with P3Dv4 that caused me to need to uninstall/reinstall again. I followed my own instructions, but to my surprise, I had the bug again.  After 2 uninstall/reinstall rounds with the same result, I tried the below process, and I just completed a successful flight.  Now, I do not think completing one flight necessarily proves this process absolutely cures the problem, but given the impact of this issue on many, I do not want to sit on this.  May as well let other test it, too.

 

Here is the "New" process.  I'm sure a few of the steps are totally unnecessary ... but this is what I did. 

 

I would advise caution in deleting some of the data/folders I delete below IF you have both the A318/319 AND A320/321 products.  I only have the 318/319 product.

 

-- uninstalled A319 Professional using Control Panel

 

New steps start here
-- checked that the uninstall had deleted the C:\Users\myname\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional folder and it had
-- saved flight plans (C:\Users\myname\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX Flightplans) in a new location and DELETED the folder
-- DELETED contents of C:\Users\myname\Documents\Aerosoft\General folder
-- Make a copy of the C:\Users\myname\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products folder and save in a safe place.  If you only have the as_a318_a319_prof.xml (or ONLY the comparable file for the 320), you can skip this step.
-- DELETED the C:\Users\myname\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater folder

New steps end here

 

-- paused a/v
-- re-download A319 Professional from my account and installed as Admin
-- restarted computer

 

New steps added here

-- Look at C:\Users\myname\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products.  If any files are missing, copy them back from the saved location. 

New steps end here

 

-- paused a/v, ran ASUpdater as Admin, installed all updates
-- restarted the computer.

 

New steps below

-- Take whatever actions necessary to recreate/reload your navdata.  For me it is in C:\Users\myname\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX Navigraph
-- Copy saved flight plans to C:\Users\myname\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX Flightplans
-- ran A3xx Configurator and set appropriate data there.


I never touched P3Dv4 until all this was completed.

 

 

I suspect the most important of the "new" steps is deleting the ASUpdater!  Can't imagine FlightPlans or navdata folders being the problem.  Still this is what I did.

 

 

Good luck.

 

Harold

 

Harold I appreciate your efforts but this bug is really random. Sometimes I have it, sometimes no... at the moment no one knows why it happens and I really dont' believe in all those uninstall & install procedures. And I don't want to do the developer or the beta tester. I just want to fly a flyable product if possible. There are people paid to solve bugs. I can only wait 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, klisura said:

 

Harold I appreciate your efforts but this bug is really random. Sometimes I have it, sometimes no... at the moment no one knows why it happens and I really dont' believe in all those uninstall & install procedures. And I don't want to do the developer or the beta tester. I just want to fly a flyable product if possible. There are people paid to solve bugs. I can only wait 

 

My problem was not random, it happened every flight and often more than once.  I now have 2 flights with no occurrence and will do another today. In my case, even having a successful flight is a BIG thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, haroldeh said:

 

My problem was not random, it happened every flight and often more than once.  I now have 2 flights with no occurrence and will do another today. In my case, even having a successful flight is a BIG thing.

 

I'll try this tonight so there's two of us testing it. In the end it could provide some clues for the Aerosoft team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three long flights in the bag with no managed speed problems after uninstall/re-install procedure above.  This flight was 4.7 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2019 at 2:42 PM, haroldeh said:

...

 

Here is the "New" process.  I'm sure a few of the steps are totally unnecessary ... but this is what I did.

 

...

 

I've reinstalled several times in the past several weeks and at least one of those times I tried deleting those "User" folders (and then restarting) but to no avail in stopping the problem, so apparently it's one of those "your mileage may vary" things that happened to work for you...

 

I also don't run A/V - I don't use my sim PC for anything besides simming (and the attendant downloading that goes with it) so unless SimMarket, ORBX, Aerosoft, etc. get hacked; well, suffice it to say I haven't used A/V on any of my PCs (Mac and Windows) in at least 15 years and haven't got burned; I'm tech savvy enough and back up early and often enough that if I did get a virus I'd just assume wipe clean and restart.  But I digress...

 

One area where I differ from your process is that I tend to run P3D and load up whatever particular add-on (particularly in the case of aircraft) immediately after running the installer and rebooting.  I'm not sure if that makes a difference.  I guess I do it as sort of a holdover from the FSX days, where you had to run FSX on the clean install in order for the sim to create its cfg files and such before installing the service packs, otherwise you could potentially run into problems.

 

All that said, I now almost ALWAYS get the managed speed bug on climb when hitting crossover altitude.  Always, as in, at least the last 7-8 flights (beginning around New Year's Day).  Before that, it hadn't been happening at all (in that situation).  Fortunately, George still seems to obey the "proper" climb speed, and the bug is easily eliminated by either pushing or pulling the altitude knob.

 

As for the random occurrence of the bug during flight, I still get that only sporadically.  Say maybe once every 5 flights.  For instance it happened to me last night fairly early in cruise on a 4:45 flight; it seems to have a propensity to occur on longer flights (which makes sense; longer flight = greater chance of it happening eventually) at some random point in between waypoints.  The first time it ever happened to me was on November 5; about midway through a 5 hour flight.  Naturally, that was while running P3D v4.3, and the problem has persisted through the P3D update to v4.4 (for which I updated all components and have since reinstalled the Bus a number of times).  Also consider I just performed a clean install of Windows in mid-August 2018 when I effectively rebuilt the PC.  I don't know if that rules out the state of my P3D install as a cause or not.  My virtual money is on it being an unintended side effect caused by a VNAV update to the Bus sometime in late October/early November, but that's just a hunch and I don't intend that as a dig at the developers; --it happens.

 

So, regarding the upcoming update.  The change log for 1.2.2.2 said that the logging would be triggered when the managed speed dropped below 120 kts.  Unfortunately, this would not trigger in the vast majority of my situations where it is occurring during climb, where it typically shows up at about FL260, calling for a speed of 180 kts and slowly decaying as the climb progresses.  Could I make the suggestion that the logging instead be triggered say when the managed speed drops below 200 while in climb or cruise phase?  Or perhaps any situation above say FL200? Naturally it would have to be coded in some way so as best to avoid instances in initial climb with lower speeds such as SIDs with speed restrictions, etc.  Of course I may well be the only one having this issue during the climb.

 

At this point I'm sick to death of reinstalling things and I'm content just to throw it into selected speed until the issue is teased out and squashed, which will happen eventually.  I have no problem doing some investigative work as part of my normal flying, but I'm done with the reinstalling for now.  There's enough to do as it is just in the normal course of updating, regardless of trying to tease out bugs.  I have no regrets jumping ship to P3D, but this is why I clung to FSX for as long as I did, why I would still be using FSX were P3D still only 32-bit, and why with most gaming I've usually been a hold out; I appreciate the maturity and stability in the platform!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now