Managed speed issues

Secondator

19 minutes ago, Goshob said:

Hi Dave,

The folder was empty. Same is the situation with a very big amount of sub-folders under Appdata/roaming/Lockheed Martin/Prepar 3D/SimObjects. 

Please login to display this image.

No worries my friend, all is good and you can just leave those folders where they are if you wish.  I will try to get a little more info, but they shouldn't affect your sim one way or the other.

• 5 weeks later...

well, this is new.. 1.2.4.2 

at cruise right now fl370, managed speed should be .77

autopilot switches to speed (250 kts), decelerates to 250, switches back to mach (.77), reaches .77 and goes to speed 250 again, repeat forever.

31 minutes ago, kvuo75 said:

negative. is rebooting standard for aerosofts? 

if so maybe the updater should force/suggest rebooting

Yes sir, reboot required after an install and/or updating the Airbus.

Let us know how you make out?

32 minutes ago, kvuo75 said:

if so maybe the updater should force/suggest rebooting 

I agree!  We passed this recommendation along sometime ago, but it's not been implemented yet.  I'm sure it's on the schedule to be done, but I'll ask again!

Many thanks!

• Aerosoft

Actually Dave, there is no reason the sim will run any different after a reboot. Only when we include fonts we will advise rebooting. That is always in the readme when that is the case.  A reboot will never hurt of course but it's not mandatory.

Boss, I understand, but rebooting has solved a lot of these random issues and I've experienced this myself. Three such customer issues resolved simply by tebooting yesterday after they rebooted. Maybe a Windows file registration thing?

Yeah my issue yesterday was fixed by a reboot after installing the new update .. i normally do it any way but this time i didnt and ran into an IRS issue .

well i rebooted and did another flight and it behaved normally.. these managed speed / vnav problems have been sporadic anyway so who knows.

sorry, tonight from egkk to ehrd. and the same problems right after the start. version 1.2.4.2.

done a fresh install. and all folders removed the first time after the fresh install everything went perfect but today it was again problems. I also do not know anymore.

20 minutes ago, chiel99 said:

sorry, tonight from egkk to ehrd. and the same problems right after the start. version 1.2.4.2.

done a fresh install. and all folders removed the first time after the fresh install everything went perfect but today it was again problems. I also do not know anymore.

Can you please provide the complete flight route, which models you were using for AI Aircraft, and what specifically occurred with the aircraft and when it happened?  We've seen a few people who thought they were having the "Managed Speed" issue who actually weren't, so a description of what occurred is important.  Also, it's very important to let us know if you're using EZCA or if you have any Carendo aircraft installed.

With at at least some situtation, we're beginning to believe it's either third party software and/or AI models causing this.

Just to add, if it helps.  I am experiencing this problem as well.  I am currently doing a flight from NZQN to NZCH (not relevant I would think), but after I filled in the APPR Data into the MCDU and Activated it, that seemed to trigger the sudden N1 decrease in Managed Speed.I have to now manually Manage the speed. This may help, it may not mean anything, I just thought I would share.

Regards

5 hours ago, canadagoose said:

Just to add, if it helps.  I am experiencing this problem as well.  I am currently doing a flight from NZQN to NZCH (not relevant I would think), but after I filled in the APPR Data into the MCDU and Activated it, that seemed to trigger the sudden N1 decrease in Managed Speed.I have to now manually Manage the speed. This may help, it may not mean anything, I just thought I would share.

Regards

You might actually be activating Approach mode far too early ... i tend not to activate it till im close to the airport , when you activate APP mode the airbus will start to reduce to green dot speed then towards Vref if in managed mode when you lower the flaps etc , normally you fill out the APP page then wait to activate it on the approach or just before it.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Affirm as keenrw said, you should not activate the approach mode until you are around 15-25 mles aways from the airport. In fact if you are following the NAV profile the aircraft will do this automatically for you at deceleration point (circled D on the navigation display). You can set everything up on the approach page like the QNH, winds, temperature, minimums and flap setting as these values have an effect on the VNAV profile calculations, just don't activate it yet.

• Like 1

• Aerosoft

A kind reminder.... checking on the issues on the last few pages of this topic it seems a lot of the issues are simply to be expected as the procedures are not being followed. We seriously love input on this issue as we know we got situations our model should behave different, but please make sure that things you report are in fact bugs. If you doubt, it might be better to open a new topic.

• Like 1

For what it's worth....I was one of the early reporters of this issue way back. I've never encountered this error again since the last 2 experimental updates. :D

My past few hundred hours of flights are problem free. Except for that stubborn GSX that keeps on leaving the door open! lol

I still see this "magenta" rollback during climb at or near crossover altitude/speed on almost (if not) every flight (commanding something like 166 kts) but the a/c still follows the correct speed (usually 280-300 kts) and the problem goes away either at TOC or by just playing with the altitude knob (push or pull).  Haven't seen it occur at cruise in some time.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Sabretooth,

would you be able to take this magenta rollback effect on video. I’m curious how it actually looks like as I have not seen such behaviour yet during my flights. But at least knowing what can happen helps me to monitor it better if it ever happens. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I noticed as well strange behaviors regarding speed on specific airports. Today, i was flying at Vatsim the route LGAV - EGLL. After passing BIG, as i was approaching runway 27L speed was dropping and maintained as per plan. At the last decel point suddenly airplane got crazy and speed increased to full power causing overspeed and i was able to recover only manually. I need to mention that ILS System was not activated. Due to crash landing i repeat the same flight and the result was the same..Sudden increase of speed manual landing.

Yesterday as i was approaching LGAV airport,on final landing to runway 03L witrh ILS, Gliseslope captured speed was decreasing continuously then increasing suddenly try to maintain the app speed. Message Speed, speed was coming all the time. This is the third time at the specific airport,same approach same problem.

I notice again sometimes the managed mode fails to capture glideslope and localizer even when on due glidepath,height. This happens at my case, at LPPT and EBBR.

Platform:

P3d V.4.5

I use for the above airports add ons:

- MSK Studios Lisbon

- Aerosoft Mega Airport Heathrow

- Flytampa LGAV

- JustSim brussels

Additionally the following add ons:

- Orbx X Base, global vector, trees, buildings, Light configurator, Europe

- Active sky & Asca 

- Envtex

Airplane Add on as per title Aerosoft Airbus 321 pro

The simulator and all the Add Ons are up to date to last version

Finally, i need to point out that due to online simulation and presence of ATC controllers, I modified the plan by changing runway,in some cases Star and Via as per controllers instructions, All the changes done before approach phase during descending at a certain distance. Maybe that plays some role and messes up managed mode.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Dionysis,

Sorry for the late response. It sounds like you are entering TOGA LK protection. Before this happens is the aircraft trying to reduce speed to yellow/red area on the lower end of the speedband?

Hello Secondator,

As far as i remember, during the approach mode the airplane follows and reduces normally the speed displayed at a specific waypoint. The last decel point (refering to EGLL) is before the final speed reduction during a big turn to the left in order to align with runway. I did not notice exactly what was happening that moment, as everything was happening very fast. It was to follow  speed as per FMS and then reduce to final, but, sudden increased to max speed and followed overspeed, climbing and difficulty to recover.

• 1 month later...

I had this issue occur last night for the first time in a long time.  Shortly after reaching cruise, I noticed the throttles rolling back and the PFD speed target was indicating "107".  I then tried going back into managed speed at various times during the flight and the problem persisted, right through descent where it was still calling for an unreasonably low "213".  At all times, the MCDU PERF was showing the correct speeds (for CI 35).

Flight plan:

KMCO/36R F370 MCOY2 GUANO DCT FEMON MCOY2 GUANO Q87 JROSS DCT FLO Q87 JROSS J207 RDU DCT NEAVL J207 RDU DUCXS4 KRIC/34

I'm not at my sim PC so I don't have the log files but I do believe I have logging turned on so I can post them later.  This is running the latest version with experimental updates enabled.

An interesting note is that I did a full reinstall of the PC about a month ago, so everything should be relatively "clean".

1 hour ago, Sabretooth78 said:

I had this issue occur last night for the first time in a long time.  Shortly after reaching cruise, I noticed the throttles rolling back and the PFD speed target was indicating "107".  I then tried going back into managed speed at various times during the flight and the problem persisted, right through descent where it was still calling for an unreasonably low "213".  At all times, the MCDU PERF was showing the correct speeds (for CI 35).

Flight plan:

KMCO/36R F370 MCOY2 GUANO DCT FEMON MCOY2 GUANO Q87 JROSS DCT FLO Q87 JROSS J207 RDU DCT NEAVL J207 RDU DUCXS4 KRIC/34

I'm not at my sim PC so I don't have the log files but I do believe I have logging turned on so I can post them later.  This is running the latest version with experimental updates enabled.

An interesting note is that I did a full reinstall of the PC about a month ago, so everything should be relatively "clean".

Did you compile the approach phase (just compiled not activated) right before having the issue?

12 minutes ago, Sabretooth78 said:

No, this was shortly after reaching TOC on a 1.5 hour flight.

That is where I have experienced it, but only in Connected Flight Deck and that was sometime ago.

Thank you for the report, we will look into it.