Managed speed issues

Secondator

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, haroldeh said:

You just need logs from flights having this issue, not from flights without the issue from people who have had it happen before (even sporadic)?

Correct. The logging parameters only activate when the issue is deteceted.

I flew from KCLT to KPHL with a Simbrief generated plan this time.  AS weather.  A320 CFM.  Once again I got the managed speed issue during descent.  This is three flights in a row with two aircraft from the series.  I am actually excited about this because the issue seems to be confined to a particular phase of flight with 1.2.3.6.  It has been called Alpha Floor mode in other posts, but today got me thinking.  I was on descent and the behavior was as if the Approach Mode was somehow initiated.  In fact, I left the speed alone, everything in managed mode and manually activated the Approach Mode and there was no change in behavior, again leading me to believe that something is automatically activating approach mode internally.  Has this been explored?

After the update, A321 seemed to engage Approach Mode by itself.  In fact, MCDU did not even show me the option of Approach mode under Performance.  A319 did not show this beahvior.  I am flying another A321 flight now KSTL to KBOS and will report back if same issue appears.

Every flight with v1.2.3.0 gave me issues … all of them.

Today I have updated to v1.2.4.0 and the two flights I have done ( VVTS-VHHH and VHHH-ZSPD ) have been perfect … no issues …. both with A320 CFM and my own textures.

Tomorrow I'll fly the A321 IAE

Regards

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

Yes, 1.2.4.0 works really well. I have been flying lot of flights with all models since wednesday and zero problems.

Thanks Aerosoft  for  your great job.

Best.

Miquel.

On 4/20/2019 at 10:09 PM, Mark Crabtree said:

....  It has been called Alpha Floor mode in other posts, but today got me thinking.  I was on descent and the behavior was as if the Approach Mode was somehow initiated.  In fact, I left the speed alone, everything in managed mode and manually activated the Approach Mode and there was no change in behavior, again leading me to believe that something is automatically activating approach mode internally.  Has this been explored?

On january 7 (at page 1 of this thread), I wrote:

Description of the issue: During cruise at 35000 ft, speed decreased at 140 kt (A.floor on pfd). Before that, I had inserted approach data in fmc without activating approach phase but it seemed as if the performance of the approach had been activated

Almost 4 months later we are still there

A321 KSTL to KBOS FL350 CI80 Active Sky Wx 

Version 1.2.4.0

On this flights I took copious notes to try to see what/where the managed speed issue triggered.

I was rewarded with a PERFECT flight, no issues at all.  LOL.  

I will not take notes on all my Airbus flights. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

The thread link is dead, so in the meantime, I will post it here.  Please feel free to move my post to the other thread.  Apologies for any confusion.

Operating System:  Windows 10
Simulator version: P3D 4.5
Airbus version: A319 Professional - latest official version, clean install.

Add-ons in use: Active Sky for P3D v4, ASCA, ENVTEX ENVSHADE, REX Environment Force.

System specs: i7 7700k overclocked at 4.9ghz, RTX 2070 (not overclocked), DDR4 Ram 16 gb G Skill overclocked at 2800 mhz

Description of the issue: Midway through cruise, engines always go on idle when on autothrottle.  Engine levers were on CL.  I tried to re-initialise, switched to autopilot 2, etc.  No effect, as soon as I put the engine levers back to CL with auto throttle, the engines go back on idle.  I do have an ignition message on EICAS.  I tried switching the ignition switch, nothing.  I tried opening the APU, would not start (only available).

Are you able to reproduce the issue? If so, what are the exact steps you are taking for this issue to happen?  First time this happens to me.

Additional information (route, weights, special area where the issue occurred etc.):  Route UBBB to LOWW.  Was at FL360 when issues occured.  Take-off weight at 68831 kg.  Fuel 11138kg (zero fuel weight 58236).  124 pax, 8095kg cargo.  Trim 0.6

10 hours ago, philippe said:

Hello,

The thread link is dead, so in the meantime, I will post it here.  Please feel free to move my post to the other thread.  Apologies for any confusion.

Operating System:  Windows 10
Simulator version: P3D 4.5
Airbus version: A319 Professional - latest official version, clean install.

Add-ons in use: Active Sky for P3D v4, ASCA, ENVTEX ENVSHADE, REX Environment Force.

System specs: i7 7700k overclocked at 4.9ghz, RTX 2070 (not overclocked), DDR4 Ram 16 gb G Skill overclocked at 2800 mhz

Description of the issue: Midway through cruise, engines always go on idle when on autothrottle.  Engine levers were on CL.  I tried to re-initialise, switched to autopilot 2, etc.  No effect, as soon as I put the engine levers back to CL with auto throttle, the engines go back on idle.  I do have an ignition message on EICAS.  I tried switching the ignition switch, nothing.  I tried opening the APU, would not start (only available).

Are you able to reproduce the issue? If so, what are the exact steps you are taking for this issue to happen?  First time this happens to me.

Additional information (route, weights, special area where the issue occurred etc.):  Route UBBB to LOWW.  Was at FL360 when issues occured.  Take-off weight at 68831 kg.  Fuel 11138kg (zero fuel weight 58236).  124 pax, 8095kg cargo.  Trim 0.6

Philleppe,

Sorry to hear you've had this issue.  I realize you posted that you're using the latest version, but would you please go to the C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional folder on your computer and open the "Product.cfg" file and please let us know which version of the Airbus is stated there?  The latest version is 1.2.4.0., and those who have had this issue are now letting us know that the issue appears to be corrected (though we are carefully monitoring this).

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

15 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Philleppe,

Sorry to hear you've had this issue.  I realize you posted that you're using the latest version, but would you please go to the C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional folder on your computer and open the "Product.cfg" file and please let us know which version of the Airbus is stated there?  The latest version is 1.2.4.0., and those who have had this issue are now letting us know that the issue appears to be corrected (though we are carefully monitoring this).

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Hello, 

I just checked and indeed it is version 1.2.4.0.

Thank you.

Ps. I am trying the same route again with the A319. Just reached TOC, so far so good.  CI of 45. No ignition message on EICAS either.

16 hours ago, philippe said:

Hello, 

I just checked and indeed it is version 1.2.4.0.

Thank you.

Ps. I am trying the same route again with the A319. Just reached TOC, so far so good.  CI of 45. No ignition message on EICAS either.

Is there any chance that you didn't reboot after installing 1.2.4.0?  This would explain why you had the issue.

I'm hoping it's been resolved for you my friend!

Best wishes!

On 5/2/2019 at 5:36 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Is there any chance that you didn't reboot after installing 1.2.4.0?  This would explain why you had the issue.

I'm hoping it's been resolved for you my friend!

Best wishes!

Nope, I definitely did reboot.  I close my PC every evening.

4 minutes ago, philippe said:

That said, I flew the exact same route and no issues.  That event was weird... I cannot reproduce the bug (for now).  I find it really odd that I had an ignition notification on the EICAS...  I didnt know Aerosoft was in the business of simulating system errors on the Airbus! hahaha

Operating System: Windows 10
Simulator version:
Prepar3d v4.4
Airbus version: 1.2.4.0
Add-ons in use:
Active Sky, ProAtcX, Traffic Global, Orbx,

System specs:
Ryzen 5 2600x, 16gb Ram 2666 MHz, SSD M2 nvme, RX580.

Description of the issue:
After the TOD in controlled downward , the V/S goes like crazy up to 4000 feet/min. It must intervene with the control of the V/S manual, In the previous version this type of problem had been solved

Are you able to reproduce the issue? If so, what are the exact steps you are taking for this issue to happen?

It occurs in every flight. When I go to enter the final descent altitude, in managed descent.

10 hours ago, magna91 said:

Operating System: Windows 10
Simulator version:
Prepar3d v4.4
Airbus version: 1.2.4.0
Add-ons in use:
Active Sky, ProAtcX, Traffic Global, Orbx,

System specs:
Ryzen 5 2600x, 16gb Ram 2666 MHz, SSD M2 nvme, RX580.

After the TOD in controlled downward , the V/S goes like crazy up to 4000 feet/min. It must intervene with the control of the V/S manual, In the previous version this type of problem had been solved

Are you able to reproduce the issue? If so, what are the exact steps you are taking for this issue to happen?

It occurs in every flight. When I go to enter the final descent altitude, in managed descent.

Would you please let us know which weather engine you're using and which version it is?  If ActiveSky, is it the current Beta version?

15 hours ago, philippe said:

That said, I flew the exact same route and no issues.  That event was weird... I cannot reproduce the bug (for now).  I find it really odd that I had an ignition notification on the EICAS...  I didnt know Aerosoft was in the business of simulating system errors on the Airbus! hahaha

Thank for the update!  Please let us know if the bug raises it's dirty little head again?

4 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Would you please let us know which weather engine you're using and which version it is?  If ActiveSky, is it the current Beta version?

Thank for the update!  Please let us know if the bug raises it's dirty little head again?

Absolutely

On 5/4/2019 at 9:36 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

I have the version 6909 of ActiveSky

1.2.4.1 Has shown no managed speed issues using 319, 320 and 321.  It does seem to be more "agressive" tracking during managed descent on an arrival, trying to play "catch" with the ball, snowflake, whatever the correct Airbus term is for the vertical profile indicator (litle green dot next to altitude tape).

Operating System: Windows 10 64
Simulator version: P3DV4.5
Airbus version: A320 Professional
Add-ons in use: A
erosoft Barcelona Pro, Aerosoft Mega Madrid Barajas 2008,  Simzaleak Noain-Pamplona P3D
System specs: i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, RAM 16GB, MSI Z170A Gaming M,  Nvidia GForce GTX 1070 8GB

I do not know if my interpretation of the FMGS log file is correct, but I think it says that at minute 45:42, the indicated speed drops from 298 to 131 knt in the minute 48:06. This is coincident with what happened on the flight.

It was possible to control the aircraft manually and take it in selected mode to a stable FL 270 with indicated 280 knt.
The descent and approach have been in "selected" mode, landing at LEPP without problem.

Attached in zip the three log files.

route: LEMD PINAR R10 PPN LEPP

meteo FS, TOW 59.985 Kg/CoG 27.1%

Additional information (route, weights, special area where the issue occurred etc.):

Sorry, the log files here

Log_files.zip

On 5/15/2019 at 7:41 PM, Mark Crabtree said:

1.2.4.1 Has shown no managed speed issues using 319, 320 and 321.  It does seem to be more "agressive" tracking during managed descent on an arrival, trying to play "catch" with the ball, snowflake, whatever the correct Airbus term is for the vertical profile indicator (litle green dot next to altitude tape).

Ive not had any managed speed issues for a while , I still think the desent profile  needs tweaking but im sure Aerosoft will fix it later...

Is it correct?

[19/05/2019 00:43:21:650]: FlightParams: [21216, 76, 298] [ 31.1, 62, 0, 0]. FM= 0.14,-0.00. TotalDist:131. DI=1.
[19/05/2019 00:43:41:716]: FlightParams: [21823, 76, 298] [ 29.5, 62, 0, 0]. FM= 0.17,-0.00. TotalDist:129. DI=1.
[19/05/2019 00:44:01:827]: FlightParams: [22395, 70, 299] [ 26.3, 62, 0, 0]. FM= 0.76, 22.42. TotalDist:126. DI=1.
[19/05/2019 00:44:22:039]: FlightParams: [22942, 50, 298] [ 26.5, 62, 0, 0]. FM= 1.65, 23.17. TotalDist:122. DI=1.
[19/05/2019 00:44:38:716]: FlightParams: [23379, 33, 298] [ 25.7, 62, 0, 0]. FM= 2.30, 23.44. TotalDist:117. DI=1.
[19/05/2019 00:45:42:691]: FlightParams: [24007, 17, 207] [ 72.6, 62, 0, 0]. FM= 4.36, 11.00. TotalDist:115. DI=1.
[19/05/2019 00:46:02:787]: FlightParams: [26063, 5, 147] [ 84.7, 62, 0, 0]. FM= 5.91, 9.17. TotalDist:114. DI=1.
[19/05/2019 00:48:06:735]: FlightParams: [26251, 351, 131] [-66.7, 100, 0, 0]. FM= 2.47, 0.95. TotalDist:112. DI=1.
[                                              ]: FlightParams: [alt?,  hdg?, spd?] [                       ] .....

Regards

Josemari LEPP

In the flights I've made, the descent profile has been very good, but like all aircraft in flight sim it could be a little better. We are planning to re-write the VNAV code in the future, once we have a few other, higher priority items completed. Let's keep in mind that VNAV is used more in flightsim more than in real life, znd VNAV on actual aircraft is often not perfect either, but we can improve it a bit with the bus.

Best wishes!

Mark Crabtree

• Flight Student - Groundwork
  • 1dot.png.b0ed135e19c33185b048d0c53ca9429
  • Mark Crabtree
  • members
  • member_new.png.99b82ab860293ea8af00702fe
  •  
  • 20 posts

1.2.4.1 Has shown no managed speed issues using 319, 320 and 321.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you mean that with version 1.2.4.1 has been resolved the sudden speed drop in managed mode climb?
It is not my case and I believe that the attached logfile proved it.
The issue continues on study or should it be assumed that it has already been resolved?
Regards
Josemari LEPP