Managed speed issues

Secondator

12 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I have never experienced this issue, and I use the Avilasoft EFB on each flight.

Ah that's good to know.

Like others however, this is my first flight after a PC rebuild - so I'll keep digging my end - I only saw the speed issue in Climb and Cruise, decent was ok until Final, where the managed speed shot up to 160knts, so I had to manually bring it back down.

Glad to hear you're closing in on the prey.  I've experienced this as well, in the 319 CFM model, and consistently.  If a fix isn't forthcoming I will recreate the flight, generate the log file and send it along.

I don't have the Airbus Pro version but have the previous bundle Airbus pack for versions of FSX/P3D2/3.  I am here because I am thinking of purchasing the P3D4 Pro version soon as well as purchasing P3D4.x. 

Anyway, I recently got back into flight simming again and installed FSX-SE and all my Airbuses as well as some of the other addons I have in addition to FSIUPC4.   I notice when flying the Airbus that once I reached the TOD the plane would suddenly increase speed and drop speed in a frantic pace.  That never happen before.  It was a very frustrating and head scratcher for about a week until I remember something I did when I install FSIUPC4.   I remember ticking all those ISA, Spike etc settings in the Misc Tabs in FSIUPC4.   Once I removed all those tick marks from there the Plane behaved normal again like it should.  I finally found my problem...User error..lol

Just my 2 cents, maybe this is something related to help this issue for the Airbus Pro Team...It's probably not but I just though I mention it....Just a thought.

I'm having this issue too. Besides airspeed drops, I have also noticed the airplane is not moving on the ground even the N1 reached to 28%, however when I pause and un-pause, the plane accelerate rapidly. Below is my system information. 

Operating System: Windows 10 pro
Simulator version: Prepar3d v4.4.16 Academic
Airbus version:  1.2.3.0
Add-ons in use: Ezdoc v3, Orbx

System specs: 2600K, 1070, 16GB

Description of the issue: 
Besides airspeed drops, I have also noticed the airplane is not moving on the ground even the N1 reached to 28%, however when I pause and un-pause, the plane accelerate rapidly

Are you able to reproduce the issue? If so, what are the exact steps you are taking for this issue to happen? permanent issue

Additional information (route, weights, special area where the issue occurred etc.): anywhere

Please login to display this image.

On 3/25/2019 at 6:00 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

28% is not at all strange if the aircraft is a bit heavy. 

It's actually not heavy at all, I only set about 15% fuel as it was a short flight, from KLAX -> KSJC. Plus, It does not explain why the airplane's sudden accelerate behavior on the ground when Prepar3d resumed from pause mode, here is the step to replicate the issue.

1. On the ground, increase the thrust to about 30%, the airplane is moving really slow or not moving at all.

2. Pause prepar3d,

3. Resume the game, then the airplane move fast suddenly

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Simulator version: P3D 4.4
Airbus version: 1.2.3.0
Add-ons in use: Active Sky P4, GSX2, PTA, Envshade

System specs:
Ryzen 7 2700x, RX Vega 64, 32gb RAM 2933Mhz

Description of the issue: Managed speed dropped down to 99 knots and put the plane into a stall

Are you able to reproduce the issue? If so, what are the exact steps you are taking for this issue to happen?

Don't know what causes this

Additional information (route, weights, special area where the issue occurred etc.):

Shannon to JFK, about 100 miles east of 5240N

On 3/29/2019 at 11:46 AM, RRVyper said:

Daniel,

Have a look at this post. Perhaps it will help.

Randy

Hi Randy,

Thanks a lot for the post! The ground speed issue seems fixed :)

Daniel

Hi,

last weekend i had have also an manages speed issue (with the lastest staple version of the A320).

This was my flight-route: RADLY DCT ARLON DCT OGODI DCT RIFEN M196 BADOP P125 ROSKA M859 EKPAL Z388 KALMO Z388 IXITO N850 TALEP UN850 BALEN UT250 RIXOT

At the waypoint "BALEN" i started the descent, from FL370. Arround FL220 the Speed drops to 185knots - long before the Approach checklist starts.

Today i had again a managed speed issue on a flight lepa -> lows. This was the Flightplan: MEROS UN853 LUMAS UM985 EKSID DCT NOSTA DCT NOPMU DCT MOBDO DCT MALUG DCT RASTA. Arround 80nm before MOBDO the speed drops suddenly to 101knots while cruising.

The installed version is 1.2.3.1

Sim is P3dv4.4

OS is win10 1803

EDIT: sorry for the wrong version description at my last post, it was not the staple version, its was 1.2.3.1 too.

I was flying the A319 tonight and had a speed issue on takeoff.  Advanced the throttles to Flex and lifted off the ground.  The speed stayed right around 140 and the plane began to stall.  I recovered  by moving the throttles to TOGA and lowering the nose.  Which was an interesting save, as that normally doesn't work.  The plane just crashes.  I love flying the Airbuses, but this problem makes me want to just put her in the hangar and forget it.  Or, buy the other A320 product.

I hope there's a solution very soon....

1 hour ago, djspatrick said:

Run the Aerosoft updater, select Configuration,  enable Experimental updates.

**Warning** Experimental builds may have issues.

Thank you!

Hi! I am user jbauzo and I just experienced this issue to some degree. It had never happended before and I have made no change to the system. 

Operating System: Windows 7
Simulator version: 4.4
Airbus version: 1.0
Add-ons in use: KJFK (FSDreamTeam), KMCO (Taxi2Gate), GSX, PROATC, Active Sky and EFB V2, ORBX Global and ORBX Vector

System specs: Windows 7, Intel I7 3770 @350 GHZ, ASUS P8Z68, 12 GB DDR3, 1TB SDD, Nvidia 1070TI

Description of the issue:

1. Started climb as normal, shortly after akeoff recieved the A.FLOOR message, recoverred as per procedure.

2. Back to SPEED with Throtte at CL and climbing

3. Out of nowhere started loosing speed with an indication that the engines were at iddle (but at SPEED)?

4. I just could not get the autothrottle to manage the speed. Whenever I turned it on, the engines would just iddle.

5. I finished the flight by doing manual speed  management

Are you able to reproduce the issue? I have not tried another flight.

Additional information (route, weights, special area where the issue occurred etc.): I was flying from JFK to MCO. The problem started during the climb from JFK.

Hopefully, this may be of help. 

The airbus A320 is great!!

Ok, this one was new for me.  First flight version 1.2.3.6 A-321 PHX to SAN.  Everything was spot on until descent.  I had seen the managed speed issue off and on during cruise but this was the first time during descent.  Used simbrief for the FP.  The other strange thing was this time, switching the arrival procedure did not cure the issue.  Every other time when the issue occurred in cruise, the procedure of changing the arrival procedure/rwy and then back fixed the issue for the duration of the flight.

I returned SAN to PHX however I prgrammed the FMC by hand in all aspects.   Managed speed issue came up again on descent passing flight level 250 from 270.  Changing the rwy once again did not fix the speed issue.  On my end it does not matter if the plan is uploaded from simbrief or entered manuall.  A321.  I will test out the 320 later. v1.2.3.6

• Deputy Sheriffs

The work towards fixing this is still going on, so no fixes yet on 1.2.4.0. However we have recently implemented even more logging to find if there can be even more causes for this than the ones that we currently know. We have been able to narrow it pretty well for now but just want to make sure that we get most of it fixed at once. So log files are still important for us and very appreciated if you can still send them for us!

5 hours ago, Secondator said:

The work towards fixing this is still going on, so no fixes yet on 1.2.4.0. However we have recently implemented even more logging to find if there can be even more causes for this than the ones that we currently know. We have been able to narrow it pretty well for now but just want to make sure that we get most of it fixed at once. So log files are still important for us and very appreciated if you can still send them for us!

You just need logs from flights having this issue, not from flights without the issue from people who have had it happen before (even sporadic)?