Managed speed issues

Secondator

On 2/7/2019 at 12:10 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

I understand this is frustrating, But as you will have seen here there are dozens of reports of people NOT seeing any problems in flights and it took us weeks to find the conditions that made it reliably reproducible on our test machines. If it happens in every flight on your machine there simply HAVE to be additional factors.

They are also dozen of people telling you they experience this problem on every flight; thus, using your own logic, there's obviously something wrong with your code.  Worse, your team appears incapable of diagnosing and resolving the issue; we're going on 5 months now.  To that end, will you be offering an refund aperture?  

• Upvote 2

Just had a dropping speed issue with the airbus dropping down to 107kts whilst in the cruise. I didn't have it before the new recent update came out so something must've been changed to break things in the last update.

Please login to display this image.

Morning all. I am intermittently having an issue with managed speed.  But i may have found a link to the cause. I was creating a flight plan in pfpx when exported to a320 i noticed that a fix in departure sid, mobam, was also in the last part of the flight plan after tod. But on climbout from tnca to 36000 feet after passing mobam speed dropped had to go manual  straighten up  and manually climb and set speed.  Once passed mobam  i was able  to engage  auto pilot  and resume nav and auto throttle . After that decelerate  kept popping up on my pfd. Indicating that i passed tod and not descending.  Hope it helps.  Steve.

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
15 minutes ago, mousemansteven said:

Morning all. I am intermittently having an issue with managed speed.  But i may have found a link to the cause. I was creating a flight plan in pfpx when exported to a320 i noticed that a fix in departure sid, mobam, was also in the last part of the flight plan after tod. But on climbout from tnca to 36000 feet after passing mobam speed dropped had to go manual  straighten up  and manually climb and set speed.  Once passed mobam  i was able  to engage  auto pilot  and resume nav and auto throttle . After that decelerate  kept popping up on my pfd. Indicating that i passed tod and not descending.  Hope it helps.  Steve.

I was so free to merge your topic with this one.

Anyway an interesting observation, worth to check it. Can you please post the flightplan as being created by PFPX?

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 hours ago, mousemansteven said:

I noticed the duplication as i was in perf. I set departure sid and set expected arrival and approach.  When reviewing the route i saw modam twice in departure and the arrival. 

Could you please take a screenshot where you see waypoint MOBAM twice. Also could you post .flp file for the route so I can load the route in myself. I'm trying to recreate it but I just cannot get MOBAM to show anywhere twice.

19 hours ago, kingm56 said:

They are also dozen of people telling you they experience this problem on every flight; thus, using your own logic, there's obviously something wrong with your code.  Worse, your team appears incapable of diagnosing and resolving the issue; we're going on 5 months now.  To that end, will you be offering an refund aperture?  

Im sure they are doing all they can to fix this problem and with the help of peoples log files im sure they will so just hang in there,  i my self get it too sometimes but for now i just go to manual speed when it happens  i can get managed speed working again once i get to CRZ Alt and go direct to the next fix but this work around wont work every flight sadly..... so please give them some more time they will fix it just will take some time to track it down.

• Upvote 1

Is there anyone who has experienced this issue who is NOT using pre-generated flightplan file (PFPX, SimBrief, etc.)?  Put another way, has anyone experienced this issue after inputting the flight plan in manually?

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Is there anyone who has experienced this issue who is NOT using pre-generated flightplan file (PFPX, SimBrief, etc.)?  Put another way, has anyone experienced this issue after inputting the flight plan in manually?

I always manually enter my flight plans by hand directly into the MCDU, and I experience the issue. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Put another way, has anyone experienced this issue after inputting the flight plan in manually?

For me as well... Always manually input the flight plans into the MCDU. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, keenrw said:

Im sure they are doing all they can to fix this problem and with the help of peoples log files im sure they will so just hang in there,  i my self get it too sometimes but for now i just go to manual speed when it happens  i can get managed speed working again once i get to CRZ Alt and go direct to the next fix but this work around wont work every flight sadly..... so please give them some more time they will fix it just will take some time to track it down.

I appreciate the sentiment, sir...I truly do; however, we're going on 6 months now.  I can't think of another major distributor that's unable to resolve critical problems within 60 days; heck, one well known developer typically resolves bugs in less than 48 hours. To that point, it's not about frustration, it's about using a product I paid for;  in its current state, this Aircraft can not be used online; it's simply too unpredictable (e.g. lose of speed and routinely bust speed and altitude restrictions).  Again, I appreciate your positive attitude!  Nevertheless, as customers, I think we've been more than fair and patient...it's time for Aerosoft to deliver or make it right via other mechanisms...

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Surely a beta tester uses one of the two most popular flight planners available today? .

• Upvote 1

I confirm managed speed drops during descent and I am not using any third part add-on. Managed speed is also making a mess during climb. It stays changing fom THR CLB to SPEED, SPEED to TOGA LK, to AFLOOR... 

Flight plan should have nothing to do with this issue. As reported before, I use to fly on Ivao with a friend of mine. Same route, same aircraft...only 5 minutes and few miles separetes one from the other. I have the issue, he does not.

3 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Maybe now you can imagine how difficult it is to solve this issue.

I know It very well and you know I sent you my settings to help you to find a solution. But I think is unrespectul to deny or minimize the problem, or say we are only 34 as a someone uses to say. Apologise first, then ask help (I'm not referring to you, I think you understood). Saying that it's our fault or let us feel like that is unrespectful

• Upvote 1

On 2/10/2019 at 2:17 PM, Secondator said:

Could you please take a screenshot where you see waypoint MOBAM twice. Also could you post .flp file for the route so I can load the route in myself. I'm trying to recreate it but I just cannot get MOBAM to show anywhere twice.

2019-2-11_13-56-27-394.tiff

2019-2-11_13-56-54-18.tiff

2019-2-11_13-56-55-185.tiff

2019-2-11_13-58-4-131.tiff

2019-2-11_13-56-54-18 - Copy.tiff

after i pass it it does disappear from the flight and after stabilizing i can do managed speed for the rest of the flight. stabilized meaning decelerate  to stop popping up on my pfd

I have had the same issue today. I habe done two legs: LOWW - EDDT and EDDT - LOWW. On the Second Flight the Managed Speed drops to 109knots will cruising. I have to say that the Airbus Pro is not funny anymore. On every update there comes another issue, but an half year after release the airbus is not even feature complete (like the not working Flight Recorder ....). The FSX Version was in the End much better, i think.

Btw.: I flew the A320 CFM with the 1.2.3.0 Update

• Upvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs
12 hours ago, mousemansteven said:

2019-2-11_13-56-27-394.tiff

2019-2-11_13-56-54-18.tiff

2019-2-11_13-56-55-185.tiff

2019-2-11_13-58-4-131.tiff

2019-2-11_13-56-54-18 - Copy.tiff

after i pass it it does disappear from the flight and after stabilizing i can do managed speed for the rest of the flight. stabilized meaning decelerate  to stop popping up on my pfd

Please post the screenshots in jpg format only.

I have the speed/height issue after installing v1.2.3.0; all was well prior to this.

In addition I have the boot up (P3Dv4.4) in "slew" mode.

here is a screenshot of the last flight and its earthward plunge.

Win7 Home.. recorded on VA Pirep..

Please login to display this image.

speed can be set manually if I catch the issue in time and flight goes on fine

rgds

Carey