Managed speed issues

Secondator

1 minute ago, Volkerschwarz said:

Correct, that was the time of changing the runway. Otherwise, I started the realtraffic addon with PSXseenconTraffic. But it occured with runway change.

But Im flying since than without any issue and hope for a safe landing in Rhyiad 🙂

regards

This may well prove to be the most important clue in tracking down this very elusive issue!

• 8 months later...

Whatever happened with this? I experienced the managed speed issue today on the A321 (1.4.0.3 Experimental) in P3Dv5. I had to keep the spd out of managed mode throughout cruise. If I put it into managed mode it would start dropping to 128kts despite mach .79 set for the managed spd in the MCDU.

I can also confirm this. Today I flew ibn the A330 Lates build) from LSZH to MMUN and above Greenland suddenly out of nothing (I did not interact with any knobs) managed speed magenta triangle at PFD disappeared, therefore a  new indicated managed speed, also in magenta at the PFD below the speedtape, showed 128 kts. My FMGC stated Managed is 0.81 MACH. I had to choose selected speed 270kts, otherwise the plane would loose to much speed. I played around with some settings (CI, Autothrottle, Thrustlevers different modes, etc). Nothing helped to get back in managed mode, at least the plane di not held it´s managed speed regarding the FMGC.

In the FMGC I manually inserted for the next two waypoints 270/ (270 kts). Disengaged Autothrottle again, magenta triangle came back, and went back to managed speed (push speed button) and set the Thrustlevers back to CL and engaged autothrottle again. I can not recall the exactly order of this...but the thing which did help was inserting the 270/ at the FMGC for the next waypoints

Managed speed is back again, and the indicated managed speed of 128kts,  prior shown below the speedtape in magenta, disappeared also. So I am back in managed mode at the programmed 270 kts and the plane does hold this speed again.

There must be something wrong and I do appreciate if Aerosoft will investigate in this issues which several users seem to have.

It is not a very rare one.....it is a essential one because otherwise no one can trust the autopilot managed speed option for long haul flights. That would be a pitty.

Can Aerosoft please confirm and investigate on this? 

Marcus

System specs

Prepar3D_v5_Academic_5.1.8.26742

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 2004
Installed on 20201025
OS Build 19042.572
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

Latest Nvidia Drivers

i9 10900K @ 5.0 Ghz | HT OFF | 1.32V
Mainboard ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula Z490
32 GB RAM 3600 Mhz Corsair Vengeance | 4x8GB
RTX Titan 24GB
32" Samsung UHD Monitor using 4k
Custom Water Cooling | 2x 360MM | 1x 240MM Radiator
HP Reverb v2 VR HMD | Steam VR

Main Addons

ASP3D | 7514 Open Beta - TEMP Uninstalled due Incopat. with P3D latest Version 5.1
FSRGW
ChasePlane | Via ORBX
FSReborn Prof.
GSX 2
FSUIPC6
AIGAIM | Latest Version
SODE | Latest Version
MultiCrewExperience | Latest Version
Aerosoft Airbus A330 | Latest Version
Aerosoft Airbus A320/321 | Latest Version
PMDG 747/748 | Latest Version
QW787 | Latest Version
FSLABS A320X | Latest Version
FSLABS A321X | Latest Version
Navigraph Charts
ORBX Base
ORBX LC
ORBX TE NL
ORBX TE NCA
ORBX Regions
ORBX HD Buildings
ORBX HD Trees V1 & V2
REALTURB | All Continents
+200 Addon Aiports | via .xml method added

And add me to the list, at FL360 enroute KSEA to RKSI al of a sudden i get a magenta 118 at the base of the speed tape and speed started to bleed off. Performance page was showing 0.78 Mach - so I pulled the speed knob and dialed it in and continued the flight.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently flying from EIDW > KORD with the A330 and experiencing this issue too.

A/C Version: 1.0.3.1

P3D: V4.5.14.34698

Flight details:
Dept: EIDW (Dublin) - RWY 28

Arr: KORD (Chicago) - RWY ILS28C
Weather: Live

FOB: 54.9 KGS

ZFW: 159.7 KGS

Load/Fuel: 207 PAX, 15.00 CARGO, 54.90 FUEL.

Checklists with Co-Pilot: Both set to ON

Route: SUROX1B SUROX DCT NIPIT DCT MIMKU DCT OSBOX DCT AGORI DCT KESIX DCT SUNOT NATA HOIST DCT MT DCT ALMOP DCT ODAXY WYNDE2

I noticed that there was no altitude restrictions on the departure at first, it should register to be up to 4000ft until DW028 but nothing in the MCDU saying/telling me that, so I set my alt to 4000ft on the FCU.

Upon climbing I noticed passing FL220, my speed had been stuck at 220knts. So I selected to go to 310knts... I thought maybe the bug would go away once reaching cruise of FL360 but nope. It dropped the managed speed down to 119knts... It also told me "DECEL" as if it was time to descend. I went back to INIT on the MCDU and set FL360 again on the CRZ FL LSK. 

You can see in the photos, OSBOX is showing to be at SPD .81, upon reaching if I select managed speed, it'll go down to 119knts. You can also see on the photos that my PERF CRZ, Managed should be .81....

Very weird and annoying glitch/bug.

Please login to display this image.

On 11/26/2020 at 7:24 AM, Krake802 said:

I'm currently flying from EIDW > KORD with the A330 and experiencing this issue too.

A/C Version: 1.0.3.1

P3D: V4.5.14.34698

Flight details:
Dept: EIDW (Dublin) - RWY 28

Arr: KORD (Chicago) - RWY ILS28C
Weather: Live

FOB: 54.9 KGS

ZFW: 159.7 KGS

Load/Fuel: 207 PAX, 15.00 CARGO, 54.90 FUEL.

Checklists with Co-Pilot: Both set to ON

Route: SUROX1B SUROX DCT NIPIT DCT MIMKU DCT OSBOX DCT AGORI DCT KESIX DCT SUNOT NATA HOIST DCT MT DCT ALMOP DCT ODAXY WYNDE2

I noticed that there was no altitude restrictions on the departure at first, it should register to be up to 4000ft until DW028 but nothing in the MCDU saying/telling me that, so I set my alt to 4000ft on the FCU.

Upon climbing I noticed passing FL220, my speed had been stuck at 220knts. So I selected to go to 310knts... I thought maybe the bug would go away once reaching cruise of FL360 but nope. It dropped the managed speed down to 119knts... It also told me "DECEL" as if it was time to descend. I went back to INIT on the MCDU and set FL360 again on the CRZ FL LSK. 

You can see in the photos, OSBOX is showing to be at SPD .81, upon reaching if I select managed speed, it'll go down to 119knts. You can also see on the photos that my PERF CRZ, Managed should be .81....

Very weird and annoying glitch/bug.

Sorry you've experienced this, we see it from time to time but it's been rare.

Can you please send the info that is contained in the post linked below?  In addition, when this happens again please check the INIT B page and see if the weights have changed or disappeared.

• 1 month later...

Operating System: Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit
Simulator version: P3D 5.1 HF1
Airbus version: A320 Professional 
1.4.1.2 Experimental
Add-ons in use: AviaServer, ActiveSky (on remote PC), vPilot, Orbx products, Aerosoft addon scenery, other scenery vendors, Navigraph actual AIRAC

System specs:  Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor, Cooler Master - Hyper 412S 52.6 CFM CPU Cooler, Asus - Prime Z370-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, Corsair - Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory, Samsung - 960 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive, 2x Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB POSEIDON Video Card (2-Way SLI), GoFlight Hardware

Description of the issue:

This (old) problem hit me now the second time; During a flight from LOWW to UDYZ suddenly the managed speed (set via CI15 to 0.78) on FL370 was commanding 113 kn. The plane slowed down and was near stall. Luckily I disengaged the autopilot, lowered the nose and could by that recover the flight. From that point in time I could only manually set the speed. Managed speed did not recover to normal operation until final approach.

Are you able to reproduce the issue? If so, what are the exact steps you are taking for this issue to happen?

No, it's not always happen. I experienced it at 2 flights until now: LOWW-LEBL and LOWW-UDYZ

Additional information (route, weights, special area where the issue occurred etc.):

I changed inflight the landing runway and approach procedure, as the wind changed on the destination airport.

Route: 

ADAM2C ADAMA Z648 VEDER L140 ALAMU/N0441F350 DCT NARKA/N0439F370 Z650 REBLA M977 ADINA L851 KUGOS UL851 TBN UP146 YAVUZ UB374 INDUR INDU3B

Load:

135 pax, 1992 kg cargo, 7356 kg fuel

Flight profile on VATSIM:

https://vatstats.net/flights/23097918

• 2 months later...

Same here on two flights, from and to KJFK. A333 v1.0.4.2. P3D v4. System: i7 10700K, RTX2080, 32GB RAM. Addons in use: GSX, ORBX packages, dozens of airport sceneries, ActiveSky. Some facts about the incedent:

• It happened out of nowhere and managed speed dropped from M.82 to 116 KIAS. I have not klicked a button for minutes before it happaned. I have not changed any runway during the flight up to this stage.
  • Only fix was to fly the rest of the flight in selected mode.
  • Loading SEC F-PLN does not help.
  • For short times managed speed returned when conducting a step climb, but it was lost again when reaching the new CRZ level.
  • The correct managed Mach number was always displayed on the PERF CRZ page.
  • Of course INIT A, INIT B, PERF, even the winds were programmed for some waypoints.
  • Here is a screenshot from the MCDU FUEL PRED page after it happaned. Maybe this includes a hint where it could come from? Not sure. ZFW and FOB seem to be correct. Step climbs did not change FUEL PRED page - not even for a moment.

Hope you can somehow figure out where this problem comes from...

During approach I recognized that managed speed returned in some way during descend - not as it should be, but it wanted to fly M.69/230KIAS (not 110...) during the complete descend. When I was on final approach and APP phase activated, it wanted to fly the chosen final appoach speed, regardless of the flaps setting. Maybe these findings can help you a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening,

Reading this forum, I see I’m not the only one having this issue. I’m flying from OEJN to OOMS. My sim is P3Dv4.5. Flying the A320. ZFW = 57,602kg, ZFW CG = 27.7%, FOB = 11,334kg, CI = 36. Was in managed mode from just after takeoff. Once I reach TOC (FL370) managed speed drops from 0.79M to 116kts, engines spool back to idle, and before I know it I’m descending after entering a stall. If I go into the MCDU and check the PERF (CRZ) page, it shows managed speed = 79. Once I recover from the stall, I can go into Selected mode and dial in 0.79M and then everything seems normal once I get up to my cruise altitude. If I go back into Managed mode during cruise, my engines drop back to idle and speed goes back to 116kts. 

When this has happened before, I keep it in Selected mode until I hit TOD. Once I start descending, I can safely select Managed mode without any issues. 

Not sure if a solution has been found on this. As I said, I can leave it in Selected mode and keep it there until TOD. I just make sure I’m at the controls when I hit cruise altitude just in case this happens. 

Cheers,

Colin

• Deputy Sheriffs

No you are not the only one. Our problem: The devs can’t recreate it. A saved flight of this situation is fine at loading.

We don’t know how to force it to happen. Only then the devs can find a solution.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 6:35 PM, rowcoach said:

As I said, I can leave it in Selected mode and keep it there until TOD. I just make sure I’m at the controls when I hit cruise altitude just in case this happens.

That's essentially my personal procedure for this bug as well, I haven't been able to find any other consistent workaround.

Crazy that a fix hasn't been found yet. This has happened twice to me in the last several weeks, in addition to some other random CTD's. Most unreliable aircraft in my hangar, sad to say.

• 1 month later...

It's one of these bugs which is very hard to track down sadly which i guess is why no fix has been found, ..... I had it a few time the other day, a workaround i use is to go to selected speed then using the MCDU go direct to the next fix (even the one you are already doing to) using the DIR function then I find i can get back into managed speed mode.

Rich

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've noticed recently, if I leave the speed, heading and altitude knobs alone (as in the default startup state - TURN AROUND), in which they are already engaged in managed mode, the flight performs normally.  I was in the past always removing the plane from managed mode prior to takeoff - pushback, actually, as I fly most of the departure manually, and almost always would have the speed drop issue, after engaging the AP and managed mode during climb.  Don't know if that's normal or not (I would think not), but maybe give the devs something to try to replicate it.

I also noticed that if I try to fly another flight after landing, this issue presented itself regardless of what I did.

On 12/6/2021 at 11:24 AM, iforrage said:

I've noticed recently, if I leave the speed, heading and altitude knobs alone (as in the default startup state - TURN AROUND), in which they are already engaged in managed mode, the flight performs normally.  I was in the past always removing the plane from managed mode prior to takeoff - pushback, actually, as I fly most of the departure manually, and almost always would have the speed drop issue, after engaging the AP and managed mode during climb.  Don't know if that's normal or not (I would think not), but maybe give the devs something to try to replicate it.

I also noticed that if I try to fly another flight after landing, this issue presented itself regardless of what I did.

Welp, just happened randomly during cruise in the A319IAE.  So much for that thought....

New customer here and just had this issue. A321 professional CFM non sharklet, using the Air India livery by Hangar 226. VIDP (rw10) to VNKT (rw02). No weather add ons, fair weather, no GSX2, no weather radar addons, no shading addons. Mouse and Yoke controls, auto rudder on, gyro drift on, ignore crashes and damage, avatar collision detection off. Not using VATSIM, Wi-Fi is off but browser showing simbrief flight plan is open. 

ALI5E ALI R460 LKN G598 SMR DCT SIMRA SMRA2R (simbrief) 

ZFW:72412 kg

Block fuel: 8050 kg

reserves (FAR + ALT): 3.2 metric tons

alternate: 1.9 metric tons

Before even opening the sim I installed some new liveries in the livery manager, the Air India livery was not one of them. 

In the fuel planner I changed the profile from the A320-200 to the A321, loaded 72,412 kg of payload with 220 passengers (84kg/passenger) and the rest was cargo. Inserted Total Fuel was 8550 kg. The ZFWCG was automatically set to 45.3%. I pressed generate load sheet, closed the planner and started P3Dv4.5. 

I selected the Air India A321, and prioritized a freeware scenery add on for VIDP before choosing a gate and time (14:00 local). I load the scenario. 

My default cockpit state is cold and dark and I wait 45 seconds before touching my keyboard. I call the non-SODE jetway with ctrl+J, I power up the aircraft batteries, 1 then 2, and then I push the button for external power. Emergency lights to arm, crew oxygen supply to on, nav light to 1, seat belts and devices to on. I press shift+4 to bring up the third MCDU, load the loadsheet and board the plane and refuel in real time. Turn on captain’s radio, and unlock the cockpit door. I think I then set the three ADIRS (wait for the on bat lights to extinguish each time) to nav before moving onto the captain’s MCDU.

I pressed clear message on both MCDUs a couple of times before initializing (because the message kept coming back) I load my company route that I downloaded from simbrief, put my flight number, AIC444, cost index 5,  but I didn’t insert ground temperature because the EICAS wasn’t displaying SAT and RAT (I thought I had to wait for ADIRS to completely align) so I then pressed IRS INIT, set my CRZ wind to 270/25/35000 and moved onto the fuel page. Some point later on I put in the ground temperature. 

I open the third MCDU to the fuel and load page to see what to manually insert into ZFW/ZFWCG into the fuel prediction page on the first MCDU, and I get an “out of range message.” I then open the fuel planner again, re-insert my ZFW the same way but this time adjust the CoG to 36.5% which showed a trim setting of 2.0 DOWN. I did not insert the total fuel again and then generated the new load sheet. 

The plane was still boarding so I waited until it was finished before even loading the sheet. In the meantime, I set my STAR to SIMR2R, and then APPR via RATAN for RNAV02. I then scroll up till 35,000 on the FCU altitude window. 

I noticed that unlike my previous flight, the FCU did not have everything set to managed mode. The FMA only showed NAV was armed but not CLB, it was set to V/S. But I waited until boarding finished before doing anything else. 

Boarding finished, I load the loadsheet and don’t do anything else. The ZFW is the same but the ZFWCG is now 36.5 and the board and fuel lights have gone from green to orange. I got back to the MCDU left click next to ZFW/ZFWCG and the new values are accepted. I go to the perf page, set flaps to 1, and flex temp is 57. I move onto the approach page, set QNH to 1013, and wind 0/0 but didn’t fill in temperature because I wasn’t sure about it. I go to the FCU, I press left click on the altitude knob and now I have CLB on the FMA. 

I have no fuel in the center tank but I press turn all the pumps on anyway. I press the APU master and then start and APU bleed switch in quick succession. 

I disconnect ground power, close the cabin door, set parking brake, beacon light on, and remove cones and chocks. Use AS pushback, 90 degrees nose right, 9 meters. The slide show begins and I turn on the engines, 2 and then 1, I get pushed back onto the grass because I never did this in the 321 before. Press F7 once, turn off APU bleed and the master switch, T.O Config check appears and I set auto brake to max, and then do the test by just left clicking, it says normal even though I haven’t set the spoilers to armed. I do that, taxi to the runway, wait behind the line for someone to land on the other side. Landing lights extended and on, nose light set to landing, thrust increase all the way to CLB and then press F3 to bump it to FLX, start my take off run, rotate at 154 knots.

Hit AP1 as soon as I pass 400feet AGL, set thrust to CLB by hitting F2 once, when prompted on the FMA, right click on the baro to set STD once I pass 4,000 feet, climb to 10,000 feet and hold there until MATEX. Interestingly, speed remained at 250 knots and did not accelerate to maintain the phase 2 climb speed like I’ve seen in other products. 

NAV display shows a magenta level off symbol constantly following me until MATEX which has a white climb symbol. I pass MATEX and that’s when managed speed drops to 223 knots. I pull on the speed knob on the FCU and follow the managed speed on the CLB page. At cruise I left click the speed knob and it has dropped down to 140 something knots. I end the session here. 

This is frustrating for aerosoft to resolve but im sure they appreciate your detail as they continue to develop a version for msfs. I have been using this aircraft from time to time last 3 years and have had it happen a couple of times in the a320, using simbrief and during the climb. I fly all continents and 99% of the flights dont see the issue, but its very annoying when it does!

It’s now happening to me twice in a row on the same flight. This time on VHHH-ZGGG. A320 IAE non-sharklet, Cathay Dragon livery by Hangar 226. 

weights in kg

ZFW: 57,800 

Fuel: 4952

T/O Flaps: 1+F

Pax: 158

Cargo: 0.55

ZFW/ZFWCG: 57.8/38.0

Fuel: 4.95

cost index 0 for take off, then 47 at cruise. 

Simbrief route: 

BEKO3A BEKOL A461 IDUMA IDUM1A

VHHH rwy 7R

ZGGG rwy 01 via GG408

Leave alternate blank in MCDU.

cruise: FL236 

trans alt: 9000

Load scenario: 14:00 local, fair weather

Pushback with shift+p

I’ve attached my simbrief flight plan and a link to the livery I used 

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=aerosoft+airbus&CatID=root&Sort=Size&ScanMode=0&Page=61

forgot the addon scenery, ZGGG by Robert Catherall 

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=root&SearchTerm=zggg&Sort=Added&ScanMode=0&Go=Change+View

Default panel state cold and dark, power up the aircraft and connect to external power but load the fuel and payload instantly BEFORE turning on the ADIRS. On the fuel page just left click the blank ZFW/ZFWCG and Block fuel windows, do not modify the reserve fuel or alternate fuel. You shouldn’t have to left click on the speed/HDG/alt knobs on the FCU, they should all be in managed mode. 

VHHHZGGG01.flp

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, I hope this helps you:  I have experienced this issue, mostly on turnaround flights (without quitting and restarting prepar3d).  I have managed to fix it by selecting hdg and then back to nav (pull/push heading knob)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Arpal said:

Hi guys, I hope this helps you:  I have experienced this issue, mostly on turnaround flights (without quitting and restarting prepar3d).  I have managed to fix it by selecting hdg and then back to nav (pull/push heading knob)

Yeah, that's what i have had to do as well , i don't think we will see Airbus updates any more, sadly … Really a shame as they have deserted P3D :( 

Flew the a333 from nzaa to ymml yesyerday p3dv4.5. At tod speed dropped and kept dropping to vapp speed. Couldnt make it rise at all for a while in managed speed mode. Took over manual speed and gradually came back up. Have the asn fix in and speed still having issues in this bus. Not sure why it hasnt been fixed. Makes it nearly unfylable.