Managed speed issues

Secondator

• Deputy Sheriffs

We are currently investigating users reporting some issues with power loss (total blackout), managed speed (IAS drop) and missing paper from printer. We are trying our best to get these sorted as soon as possible. However, these issues are somewhat hard to reproduce and don’t necessarily happen on every system or flight. Therefore, we are now creating topics so that users can give detailed reports that are kept in one place to investigate further and to have some clues how we could reproduce these issues.

This thread focuses on issues with managed speed (IAS drop). If you are experiencing other issues or bugs please use the correct thread or if the issue does not fall under the three categories mentioned earlier create a new forum topic under correct category. This way we can manage everything better and make sure that everything gets addressed correctly.

If you are experiencing these issues with managed speed, please write a report below with as much information as possible. Even though some information may sound irrelevant, it might still help our testers trying to reproduce the issue

Reporting form:

Operating System:
Simulator version:
Airbus version:
Add-ons in use:

System specs:

Description of the issue:

Are you able to reproduce the issue? If so, what are the exact steps you are taking for this issue to happen?

Additional information (route, weights, special area where the issue occurred etc.):

If possible, attach a log file.
We recommend that if you are actively encountering issues with the airbus, you enable logging so that whenever an issue occurs you have the log files ready. If you need help setting up the logging, please see:
https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/142386-how-to-create-logfiles/Also, screenshots or videos (preferably hosted externally on imgur or youtube for example) of the issue happening are greatly appreciated. (Tip: If you have nvidia Shadowplay, you can use keycommand alt+f10 to save the last 5 minutes of gameplay.)

Other issue tracking threads

Total Blackout: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/142388-bug-tracking-total-power-loss/

Missing paper from printer: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/142389-bug-tracking-missing-paper-from-printer/

All the previous threads on these issues are saved and will be reviewed so no information is lost.

Also note that even though we are now mainly focusing on these issues it doesn't mean that other issues are not being worked on actively as well. These are just issues that we find hard to reproduce and need help to track them further. Thanks :)

• Upvote 2

After a couple of tests I figured out that the issue with the paper is not to reproduced by any steps taken.

I suspect one or more DLL's they are responsible for the print are sometimes not correct loaded or unloaded during the flight.

Today I took a flight from LEMH - LIME and all was working fine. After deboarding/reboarding for another flight from LIME - EDDK the printer stops working. (P3D was not restartet.

It seems to be the process could not found the PAPER_PRINTSHEET.bpm and the PAPER_WINDOWSHEET.bpm. The 2D of the papersheets are still working after clicking behind the print slot (where the PRINTSHEET should be and clicking at the window site where the WINDOWSHEET should be.

Both types are effected from this issue. 318/319 - 320/321

Best regards

Artox

On 4.1.2019 at 13:04, Secondator sagte:

This thread focuses on issues with managed speed (IAS drop). If you are experiencing other issues or bugs please use the correct thread or if the issue does not fall under the three categories mentioned earlier create a new forum topic under correct category.

We are currently investigating users reporting some issues with power loss (total blackout), managed speed (IAS drop) and missing paper from printer

vor 11 Minuten, Frank Docter sagte:

So much for this topic being only for managed speed drops. ;)

See above

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, Artox67 said:

See above

Dito

Please give the requested information 

On 1/4/2019 at 2:04 PM, Secondator said:

Reporting form:

Operating System:
Simulator version:
Airbus version:

System specs:

Description of the issue:

Are you able to reproduce the issue? If so, what are the exact steps you are taking for this issue to happen?

Additional information (route, weights, special area where the issue occurred etc.):

If possible, attach a log file.

• Upvote 1

Operating System:  Windows 10 Professional

Simulator Version:  4.4.16.27077  (updated client, content and scenery from 4.3)

Airbus Version:  1.2.2.1

System Specs:

MB:  ASRock X470 Gaming-ITX

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-core 3.7Ghz 4.3 Ghz Max Boost Socket AM4 (Hyperthreading is turned off)

Video:  EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti (Driver Version 416.94)

RAM:  G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000)

Storage:  Samsung 970 EVO 256 GB SSD (Boot), Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD (Add-ons and Utilities), Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB SSD (P3D), Apple 500 GB HDD (Backup)

Description:

Same as reported previously, managed speed target (as displayed on the PFD) changes apparently randomly, to an apparently random speed in mid-flight.  Most often seems to happen after passing a waypoint, but not always.  MCDU speed target sometimes changes as well, and not necessarily to that given by the PFD.

Reproducibility:

Not sure if it's reproducible (seems to occur randomly); next time it occurs I will isolate the last prior FSUIPC autosave and see if it continues to happen at the same location.  Occurred twice on my most recent flight:  Once during climb (was flying manually, so it didn't cause any problems) and apparently corrected itself prior to TOC until recurring somewhere between waypoints (don't exactly remember where).  Speed target was 216 if I recall correctly.  Flight Plan was:

KPSP/31L N0458F350 CATH1 PSP V370 TNP EED HBU TXC HCT FOD KG75M DAFLU J70 BROKK/N0461F370 J70 LVZ LENDY6 KJFK/22L

It does not appear to be only a performance issue as both instances occurred at 30 FPS (lock) with no texture loading latency (blurries).  (The worst performance I usually get is 21-24 FPS at FSDT KJFK in overcast conditions.)

• Upvote 1

Hello

perhaps it is also useful to mention which weather engine is used. This is because I am now investigating the relationship with the problem and the active sky engine. I can not prove it yet, but I begin to see a relationship with it.

Maybe I'm wrong, but because it seems that not everyone suffers, you have to exclude things.

Greetz

• Deputy Sheriffs
23 minutes ago, chiel99 said:

perhaps it is also useful to mention which weather engine is used. This is because I am now investigating the relationship with the problem and the active sky engine. I can not prove it yet, but I begin to see a relationship with it.

Added a section for add-ons. Thanks for the tip!

I have been having this managed speed issue too. I will try and make a video covering the whole flight to help the devs find the cause

I literally just clean reinstalled the Bus yeaterday

• Deputy Sheriffs

@WillsB3 If you are going to make a video of the whole flight, at least give us a timestamp where is happens so that it's a bit easier for us to spot it. 

Also, if you could follow the form mentioned in the opening post with all the information and logs that would help a ton as well while we try to figure out what is going on.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Secondator said:

@WillsB3 If you are going to make a video of the whole flight, at least give us a timestamp where is happens so that it's a bit easier for us to spot it. 

Also, if you could follow the form mentioned in the opening post with all the information and logs that would help a ton as well while we try to figure out what is going on.

Thanks!

I’ll try, but I don’t really know at which point it goes wrong. I only know something is up when nearing top of climb and then the aircraft starts falling out of the sky ;). 

Anyway i’ll so my best. The idea of recording the whole flight was that you would also be able to tell if it was user error at the flight setup phase (because I’m not a qualified pilot so that js very likely...!) which could contribute to causing the issue.

• Deputy Sheriffs

It's fine to record the whole flight if you want to. But it will help us to find things from 30+ minute video if there is a timestamp when the problems really start to happen. Of course you will know the time it happens after recording it. :) 

Operating System: win 10 pro
Simul
ator version: p3d v4.4
Airbus version: 1.2.2.1
Add-ons in use: Active Sky, Chaseplane, Ivap, Efb 2, Project fly

System specs: i7 4790k, 16GB RAM, 
GTX Aorus 1080 - 1 ssd 256gb + 2 ssd 500gb

Description of the issue: During cruise at 35000 ft, speed decreased at 140 kt (A.floor on pfd). Before that, I had inserted approach data in fmc without activating approach phase but it seemed as if the performance of the approach had been activated

Are you able to reproduce the issue? If so, what are the exact steps you are taking for this issue to happen?:  It was my first flight after a long time of inactivity

Additional information (route, weights, special area where the issue occurred etc.): I was flying online on Ivao with a mate. Same route (ELLX-LIPZ), same plane (320CFM), same airbus version (1.2.2.1). He's is a frequent flyer (almost 1 flight a day) and never experienced that issue. The only difference with my system is that he doesn't run Active sky but a different weather engine.

IVAP, the IVAO pilot client may be causing this.

The winds shift so drastically (when the weather engine is selected ON in IVAP config), maybe that causes the flight management computer code to fail. I fly only on IVAO, maybe that's why I sometimes get the issue, when winds shift in a specific way.

Latest occurence was again on IVAO.

Logging is on now. If ever it happens again, I'll report as requested. 

Klisura, is your IVAP config weather tick is selected? 

4 minutes ago, ozgulkagan said:

No.

My mate was flying on Ivao as me (was just 50 miles in front of me), and he always flyes on Ivao without this issue.

Just happened to me again - flight plan:  KJFK/31L N0456F350 SHIPP JETZZ BLUUU DUMPR ISLES SQUAD DARUX L459 KEEKA L459 ODUCA SLUGO ULUBA1 TNCM

Heading out over the ocean so frames/performance is in no way an issue.

Occured somewhere before ISLES.  I did not notice it immediately because the funny thing was that it was still maintaining the proper speed, perhaps because I was in Open Climb (as opposed to managed climb?  Also, as the altitude increased, the target speed decreased.  It was 170+ +/- around FL250 or so, gradually decaying into the 140s as I approached my clearance of FL340.  Upon climbing to cruise at FL350, the problem disappeared.

Another observation - when I select speed at cruise when the speed target is working properly, the window displays a mach value.  When it's not working properly, it displays a speed value and I have to hit SPD/MACH to dial in the desired value.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

To supplement my earlier info:

Add-ons in use:  Active Sky (v6909), REX SkyForce 3D (textures and real time sync only; no weather engine), PF3 (ATC), EnvTex, FSX Tracker, ORBX (various), FSDT KJFK, FT KBOS and TNCM.

Hello,

This issue occurred again and it’s really annoying. A good temporary(I hope) fix is just to select a speed. Hope this issue can be resolved soon. It seems as if something went wrong in one of the updates so request you to consider reviewing the modifications made to recent updates,

Thanks

• Aerosoft
18 hours ago, Raaed R said:

This issue occurred again and it’s really annoying. A good temporary(I hope) fix is just to select a speed. Hope this issue can be resolved soon. It seems as if something went wrong in one of the updates so request you to consider reviewing the modifications made to recent updates,

We agree, it is annoying and we are seriously hard at work trying to find out why this happens to 34 (known) customers and not to tens of thousands others. As you have it you can help by sending us the information requested. Just saying you have the issue does not bring the solution for you closer.

• Upvote 1

Operating System: Windows 10
Simulator version: P3D v4.4.16.27077
Airbus version: 1.2.2.0
Add-ons in use: Active Sky, Ivao Ivap, Mega Airport Barcelona prof., Mega  Airport Frankfurt prof., various ORBX, GSX, other Sceneries

System specs: Intel Core i7 4790, 16GB RAM, GTX1070, P3D and Add ons on Samsung 860 EVO SSD

Description of the issue: After passing about 26000 feet and after the end of speed restrictions, the speed drops to 124 knots in managed mode (A321 IAE), even if the mcdu shows .79 set as speed.

No, seems to happen randomly.

Route: LEBL DALIN UN870 MAXIR UN853 MOBLO UZ662 LAMUR UZ67 KORED UN871 DITON T163 EMPAX EDDF (Speed restrictions on SID)

Wheights: Sorry, I don't have them saved as it is some days ago.

On 1/7/2019 at 9:53 AM, ozgulkagan said:

IVAP, the IVAO pilot client may be causing this.

The winds shift so drastically (when the weather engine is selected ON in IVAP config), maybe that causes the flight management computer code to fail. I fly only on IVAO, maybe that's why I sometimes get the issue, when winds shift in a specific way.

Latest occurence was again on IVAO.

Logging is on now. If ever it happens again, I'll report as requested. 

Nope. I don’t use IVAO (or Vatsim) and only fly offline

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thank you all for your reports so far. We are not opting out anything yet but it sounds unlikely at this point to be caused by weather engines or network clients. 

I cannot stress enough also the importance of log files if at all possible. They could hold some key information in then when the issue happens that we could look into. The biggest issue right now is that it's very hard to reproduce for the testers so anytime it happens to a user it would be great to get as much information as possible.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Secondator said:

Thank you all for your reports so far. We are not opting out anything yet but it sounds unlikely at this point to be caused by weather engines or network clients. 

I cannot stress enough also the importance of log files if at all possible. They could hold some key information in then when the issue happens that we could look into. The biggest issue right now is that it's very hard to reproduce for the testers so anytime it happens to a user it would be great to get as much information as possible.

Thanks!

I have enabled logging in my buses  and will try and get a test flight in this weekend 🤞

Could bei the weather engine. I make a Test flight without active Sky this weekend and Report Results. However, the Problem still exist with AS, chaseplane and Atc- pro x. No Speed in Managed Mode in every Version of the Bus. Same Problem as many others.  Mcdu Shows correct Speed but the Bus sets Speed to 125 knots.

Hello All-

I am a new purchaser of Airbus Professional and noticed the bug immediately into my first flight.  I do hold a A320 series type rating and spend about 85 hours a month in one so I couple of odd things jumped out at me on the first fight.  I love the Aerosoft product as it is beautiful inside and out, the nice surprises like the printer and clip board.  The copilot and checklist feature is great too.

Anyway, back to the problem, I pretty much have a vanilla setup with just Active Sky and ChasePlane.  I'm probably wrong, but the managed speed mode seems to enter some form of approach mode soon after take off, and remains in the mode all through CLB/CRZ/DES.  It could also explain the goofy TOD predictions too.

What can I do to help?  Can I fly a short flight and somehow share a "log"?

Mike

• Upvote 2