ANYONE Having issues since the last update

LoganKnight

Am having nothing but a problem with this having thought I was doing something wrong I loaded up FSX on laptop done same flight loaded the same took off the same time 

FSX version.

climbed to 6000 and held before continuing to 11000

P3Dv4 version 

just went to 30000 without stopping at 4000 fpm even though the AP is set to 23000

FSX version 

followed speed restrictions 

P3Dv4 version 

just went up to 300 before stalling over and over 

now am at 36000 and climbing with 23000 set on AP 

the whole thing feels different compared to the FSX VERSION 

p.s 

THIS IS SINCE THE LAST BIG UPDATE before that she was beautiful now she is horrible

Also am a very happy customer but this is just stupid

• Deputy Sheriffs

I think he's comparing his experience with the 32 bit Airbus with the 64 bit Airbus and expecting it to be the same. It won't be necessarily, as the Airbus Pro (64 bit) is more realistic in many respects and so won't always react the same as the simpler 32 bit version.

• Deputy Sheriffs
14 hours ago, LoganKnight said:

Am having nothing but a problem with this having thought I was doing something wrong I loaded up FSX on laptop done same flight loaded the same took off the same time 

P3Dv4 version 

just went to 30000 without stopping at 4000 fpm even though the AP is set to 23000

P3Dv4 version 

just went up to 300 before stalling over and over 

now am at 36000 and climbing with 23000 set on AP 

p.s 

THIS IS SINCE THE LAST BIG UPDATE before that she was beautiful now she is horrible

Also am a very happy customer but this is just stupid

Logan, you posted in a non-support area (the header states "General chatter (NO SUPPORT)"), so I'll move this to what seems like an appropriate area of the forum. Your issue description is a little hard to understand, so if I moved to an area that you don't think fits, add to the thread and I can move it again. To start with, comparing the 32 bit and 64 bit Airbus is essentially irrelevant. You should state your issue(s) in the context of what the included documentation says should happen and doesn't for you, not what you expected from the earlier Airbus. Therefore, I removed those references in the included quote of your original post to focus on the Airbus Pro.

A big question to start the troubleshooting: Have you run the full tutorial at least once with correct performance from the Airbus? If not, you simply must take the time to do so. More than once is even better. Some habits you could get away with in the 32 bit versions won't work at all in the Pro version as it's more demanding of correct procedure.

Next, you mentioned your laptop. Are you trying to run the Airbus Pro on it? If so, even on a gaming laptop, you'll almost certainly have issues with the Pro version that can only be resolved by running it on a proper desktop rig. The upgraded FBW system requires a totally steady fps of at least 17, which will require really low settings on your laptop to avoid thermal throttling of the hardware and consequent performance issues.

Finally, you noted "The last big update." When you installed version 1.2 3.0, did you use the Windows Control Panel tool to completely remove the old version, check to see all the relevant folders were deleted, reboot, and on installation, use a folder outside the P3D root and as Administrator? If not, please take one more time to do the installation that way, as it's helped many with similar issues to yours. Here's a link to a thread on the best way to do the upgrade:

Hi Thanks for replies 

sorry I have fixed the issue I deleted the AB folders in docs and reinstalled, and the bus is flying like a dream again 

guessing the install of the last big patch went over the top of some files and messed the programs up 

fixed: deleted the airbus folders found under user/docs reinstalled AB

• Deputy Sheriffs

Logan, thank you for sharing what you did to resolve the issue. That's always appreciated.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived