Release - Venice X

Attached is a screenshot of the parked AI problem. ALso an overhead view if I can also attach that.

David,

I attach a screenshot of the airport, how it SHOULD look.

You can clearly see, that you have ANOTHER afcad file somewhere, that makes the problems you mention.

Have a look at the main tarmac, you will see that instead of the light-colored concrete, you have another one, smaller on top of it.

So please try to find the other file that causes your problems.

regards

Andras

Unfortunately you are right. I just installed (the released version) today and also found that the installer copies both

ven3d_sp1.bgl and ven3d_sp2.bgl

into the scenery folder. This is major overkill, so after removing one of them, it is strange that you still get blurries. Frankly nobody does.

The only thing I can think of is video memory. Blurries usually occur if lower mipmaps are getting loaded instead of the high-res ones, due to video memory or allocation problems.

regards

Andras

Ah Ha!!!

I've got them both installed too!!!!

So since I have accelertion installed, do you recommend deleting the SP1 BGL :?:

In the meantime I checked if MyTraffic had a file that corresponds to David's problems.

Yes, there is. Although I only have MyTraffic v. 5.1 and not the latest 5.1a, there is an afcad file which causes the problems.

MyTraffic has a BR2_LIPZ.bgl in its own scenery folder, which needs to be removed or renamed for using VeniceX.

Hope it helps.

Andras

So since I have accelertion installed, do you recommend deleting the SP1 BGL ?

Yes, most logically and most definitely you need to remove one of them.

If you have Acceleration, only the ven3d_sp2.BGL should remain there.

regards

Andras

looking now at the scenery compared to the other screens I see... my scenery finally does maintain the 19-23 fps, but with occassional blurries (which I blame on only a 256mb AGP card). it still looks pretty fantastic!

it is great work over all... and most of those gondola guys are jerks anyway, so I don't mind getting rid of them

:)

Ah Ha!!!

I've got them both installed too!!!!

So since I have accelertion installed, do you recommend deleting the SP1 BGL :?:

Ah ha! Now, I have my 20FPS too. I was getting 6-8FPS prior to deleting that SP1 file.

But I still have that Broken airliner there.. And I don't have MyTraffic. But its cool!

I have a dual Core 2 OCed to 3.3Ghz.

Hello,

I found and removed the MyTraffic X LIPZ bgl file. Then restarted FSX; it displayed the usual scenery database reload bar. However, I'm still seeing 'double' textures for the tarmac, and the AI planes still are misparked. I am in touch with Burkhard at MTX support for ideas there, perhaps there is some other MTX file that is the problem.....

Regards,

David L.

Upon checking, I found that I had removed a "LIPX" bgl file by mistake. It is LIPZ of course. When I rectified this blunder, I checked MTX priority in the scenery library. It was at the top, Number One. I was sure I had placed it further down as Burkhard suggested, dont know how it got there. So I moved it back down the list. And in FSX, Venice Marco Polo airport looked perfect, just as Aerosoft designed it, and with a nice smattering of MTX traffic. Good feeling... :D

May I say the combo of Aerosoft's airport and MTX AI was impressive. I had to fly around just to check it out.....

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Kok,

I cannot use Venice X under the FSX + SP1 + SP2 though under the FSX + SP1 it's no serious problem.

Around Venice the displaying has become awkward and FS has been frequently forced interruption with " Your computer has run out available memory. Please restart Flight Simulator and select graphics, scenery or traffic settings."

I am using Core2Duo E6600, CORSAIR TWIN2X2048-8500C5 2GB and GeForce 7800 GTX under Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit.

Sincerely,

Kan-ichiro Fushihara

• 1 month later...

I only saw today that Venice X has been released - judging by the screenshots, the final version is a huge improvement over the initial previews, and over the FS9 version. In fact, it's pretty much all spot on - the churches, the bell towers, the vaporetti... As a local, I'm officially very, very impressed. Hats off to Andras! :)

Federico