Release - Venice X

• Aerosoft

Currently in download version only, Aerosoft has today released Venice X. This extensive product covers the famous city and its two airports. The city is done in intricate detail with every house, street, bridge and canal where it should be. The big churches and monuments rise above the city while the canals are filled with slow gondola’s and water taxi’s that move along at great speed. The two airports (one big and one small) are ideal starting points for your exploration of this scenery.

Features:

• Detailed representation of airports and Venice

• Photo-realistic ground textures

• Impressive night effect

• Superb framerates, even on moderate hardware

• Extensive manual with all charts for the two airports

• Many effects and moving objects

• Full FSX code using bump maps, speculars

• Amazing good framerates (20 fps possible with modern hardware)

Online Price €23.50 (or €27.95 for EEC customers, around $33 for US customers)

Product page: http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/re/ibosh...gi?showd,,10242

venicex_4.jpg

venicex_17.jpg

venicex_1.jpg

venicex_2.jpg

venicex_24.jpg

venicex_9.jpg

venicex_22.jpg

venicex_16.jpg

venicex_6.jpg

venicex_5.jpg

venicex_23.jpg

venicex_21.jpg

venicex_12.jpg

venicex_26.jpg

This is a must buy ... tomorrow I'll warm up my credit card ... I loved Venice for FS9 and this version is the expected big leap to the new engine!

Mmm I wonder - is there a rebate for registered owners of the FS9 version?

Thanks!

Congrats to Aerosoft, especially Andras Kozma on another masterpiece :D

Fantastic work - it's all there, just like I remember from my summer holiday in 2006.

12ish FPS in Acceleration Westland 'chopper - AMD 4400+ at 2.67Gig / 8800GTS at 1920 / 1200 - without defrag as yet - pretty good going! :D

Mmm I wonder - is there a rebate for registered owners of the FS9 version?

Considering that it was released by a different publisher, I'd just forget that question. ;)

But it's areal frame killer, I need a new PC :twisted:

Otto

I might have to wait on this purchase too as I've heard some other people say it's hard on their FPS too.... :(

I got this scenery and it has Custom runway Texture. Woo hoo!

:)

Its a nice package.. I get a little stutter ...But I am yet to defrag after installing.

Manny

• Aerosoft

I might have to wait on this purchase too as I've heard some other people say it's hard on their FPS too.... :(

'Other people' are wrong. we found some new tricks that really help. In fact it is amazingly fast. People who say it is slow got something wrong.

This scenery is created to virtually guarantee a solid 20 fps virtually over the whole scenery on a machine with the following hardware at the settings advised in this manual;

- CPU: Intel Dual core 6400 running at 2.13 GHz

- Memory: 2 Gb

- GPU: GeForce 8800 GTS (running at 1680x1050 res)

- FS: standard FSX deluxe SP1

And the advised settings are nothing to smile about, they are all above the Ultra High settings of FSX (apart from the vehicle traffic that means nothing in this scenery anyway. So framerate killer is just plain wrong. All the people we have demoed it to could just not believe it was this fast. Three images attached showing 20 fps on my system using the settings advised in the manual. Down to the 60 cm ground textures all is seen, total city is loaded (NO pop-up objects at all). You got to be logged on to see the images.

There are however two things to keep in mind. Modern scenery using bumps etc is slower when you use SP2. This can be up to 20% slower, really noticeable. The second thing is that the high settings of water reflection kill frames very fast. The positive side of that is that the water in the lagoon is a rather dull greenish look, so lower settings on that aspect are certainly more realistic.

There are however two things to keep in mind. Modern scenery using bumps etc is slower when you use SP2. This can be up to 20% slower, really noticeable.

This explains why the others say it's slow - and I'm also using SP2 (Acceleration)...

This explains why the others say it's slow - and I'm also using SP2 (Acceleration)...

Kofi,

As in the screenshot Mathijs has his frames limited to 20 and at the same time he is getting 20, it means he is actually getting more.

Yes, Sp2 behaves slightly differently, but with descent hardware you should get this 20, at least.

At default (relatively) dense airports you are getting for sure less frames, not to mention other addons, so the word "slow" is something I take seriously and personally... :-)

It is anything but slow...

regards

Andras

• Aerosoft

Where are others saying it said it is slow Kofi? Sorry for a rather strong reply, but as said, this is anything but slow. You won't you find any scenery that has close to the amount of polygons per frame per second. Nothing.

We are so damned proud of the speed of this product I like to make sure everybody knows about it. I installed SP2 here just now and I could stay around 20 fps although not nearly as comfortable. I'll remove SP2 right now as it just makes FSX slower and more buggy.

• Aerosoft
Thanks Andras - I might check it out then 8)

Here's my system:

AMD AM2 X64 6000

ATI 1650 PRO 512 PCI-E

3GB RAM

Okay, agreed that frames will not be brilliant on that hardware. Has nothing to with the product but with FSX of course. Your system is just limited in the amount of polygons (not fps) it can handle. Venice X has a lot of polygons, but there are set up to flow very smooth, however, if your system has problem reaching the 'sweet spot' where it can start to work ahead of the game, the large amounts of things to handle will start to hurt.

Thanks again for the responses Mathijs/Andras. Yep, I definitely realize that I don't have the strongest system. Here's what Aerosoft sceneries run well on my system.

-Helgoland

-Florence

-Dillingham

-German Airports 1 (Islands)

However, certain areas of Cape Canaveral X run terrible....other areas run good

• Aerosoft
Thanks again for the responses Mathijs/Andras. Yep, I definitely realize that I don't have the strongest system. Here's what Aerosoft sceneries run well on my system.

-Helgoland

-Florence

-Dillingham

-German Airports 1 (Islands)

However, certain areas of Cape Canaveral X run terrible....other areas run good

Heck... do a press order, I'll pay for it, you let us know how it runs with the settings I advise in the manual. Okay?

Heck... do a press order, I'll pay for it, you let us know how it runs with the settings I advise in the manual. Okay?

Mathijs,

I greatly appreciate this offer but you've already given me the missions pack. 8)

I'll purchase this one lock, stock, and barrel and let you know how it runs on my system.

Okay after install and defrag, here's the results:

Using recommended settings, I averaged from a low of 9 up to 20FPS. However, my average was about 14.5-to-16 FPS.... :oops:

I might start to delete some of the recommend BGL's to improve performance...

Dear Mr. Kok,

Venis X is really great!

I was facinated by the beautiful scenery, especially impressed the Water Effects above all.

I have visited here 46 years ago with 'Viscount'. The atmoshere of the buildings, streets and canals recalled my early years with deep nostalgia.

May I ask you a question, how can I find and pick a small boat on the Manual page 8? As an example.

Sincerely,

Kan-ichiro Fushihara

I got HORRIBLE blurries, like so bad I couldn't even read the text for the menus (it was pixelated that bad too, never seen that before!!!)

My setup isn't great, but its not bad either... lock at 25fps and get that outside of new york and L.A.

I was getting between 14 and 17fps at the most with awful stuttering

So, as a good little beta tester, I figured something was wrong, because if Aerosoft says its good, they can be trusted that it is.

I went looking in the manual (I actually read it, sometimes the histories and descriptions actually make flying there even more fun!) and I saw something about ven3d_sp1.bgl and ven3d_sp2.bgl, and went looking in the veniceX folder...

lo and behold, in my install at least, it installed BOTH ven3d_sp1.bgl and ven3d_sp2.bgl when I selected "sp2 install"

so I took ven3d_sp1.bgl out, fired her up again... (I am firing it up right now)

it was perfect for about 30 seconds and then....

it was back to STILL so blurry even the menus pixelated! (damn, I thought I had something there... firing up again removing the boats as suggested in the manual)

well, getting rid of the gondolas and boats was tough to swallow, but its flyable... still rather blurry, but up to around 19FPS

specs:

AMD64 FX-55 @2.7ghz

2GB ram

AGP x800xt 256 platinum

winXP sp2

FSX sp2 (accel)

[, how can I find and pick a small boat on the Manual page 8?

I found and downloaded a shareware Deltasim_Malibu32_v1.1 but the Registration code hasn't arrived yet.

Sincerely,

Kan-ichiro Fushihara

about ven3d_sp1.bgl and ven3d_sp2.bgl, and went looking in the veniceX folder...

Unfortunately you are right. I just installed (the released version) today and also found that the installer copies both

ven3d_sp1.bgl and ven3d_sp2.bgl

into the scenery folder. This is major overkill, so after removing one of them, it is strange that you still get blurries. Frankly nobody does.

The only thing I can think of is video memory. Blurries usually occur if lower mipmaps are getting loaded instead of the high-res ones, due to video memory or allocation problems.

regards

Andras

Hello,

I am reposting this since my first attempt went to the main Aerosoft Scenery listing, and most Venice posts seem to be in reply to this one.

First of all, I must say the realism of the Venice scenery is dazzling, it must be the most realistic, detailed city scenery ever done for a flight sim. Just flying over it does not do it full justice. I went and got the Deltasim Malibu to use: the only way to really check over this incredible vision of La Serenissima. Fantastic! Kudos to you. :D

One problem: upon landing at Tessera, and taxiing in, I found that there were aircraft parked 'inside' the leftmost (looking at the terminals from the runways) terminal buildings. All I could see was the tails sticking out; rather amusing. I am using My Traffic X for AI. I took a few screenshots but they did not come out (perhaps the higher than normal resolution I used did something?). ANyway, I'm not an AI expert but I believe it is an "AFCAD" bgl file or such that governs AI movement and parking at an airport. Are you sure yours work ok with 3rd party AI? I noted the taxiway center lines did seem to run right into the terminal. Oddly, the 7th of your screenshots above does show normally parked aircraft at that terminal. SO it may be MTX, Im not sure. The Venice manual did not really go into that.

Is there anything I can check to see if all is set up ok? I will try again to get some screenshots.

Best regards,

David