Auto Throttle Problem

ozgulkagan

A320 IAE

v 1.2.3.0

When taking off from SUMU, using DAGU1C SID, the SID has altitude restrictions. The bus stabilizes for example at 3.000 feet. Speed stabilizes at 250 knots.

When the constraint is over, the Bus is starting to climb. But, throttle advances faster and the nose up attitude keeps up later, thus speed is increasing to like 260 - 265 knots, violating the speed limits for both the SID and 250/10.000 rules.

I think it should be smoother and speed limits obeyed while starting the climb phase.

This problem happens for all altitude restrictions, or even when using autopilot solely and trying to change altitude at low levels. For ex. try an altitude of 2.500 feet and 200 knots SELECTED.

Then set the knob to 3.500 and push / pull the altitude knob.

My best.

Hi Mathijs

You can test it on any procedure with a altitude constraint long enough for the bus to reach 250 knots.

When stable at 250 knots and altitude, constraint ends and the bus accelerates over 250 even under 10.000 feet.

You can also test it using selected mode.

set 250 knots selected

set 3.000 feet alt

stabilise

set 10.000 feet alt

pull the alt knob

For what it's worth, I have 1.2.3.0 also, and I have not experienced this issue. I get a very slight increase in speed when transitioning from level to climb, less than 5 kts, and that only for a few seconds. Same in managed or selected mode.

I am still running P3D 4.3, maybe that is the difference?

My autothrottle has been misbehaving a lot.  After takeoff, it accelerates to 300 knots and climbs like a demon.  It will do the same thing on an approach; while on the glideslope, it will suddently accelerate and climb.  I am not sure, however, that the problem is with the model and I may try to isolate it.

• Deputy Sheriffs
14 hours ago, highplainsflyer said:

My autothrottle has been misbehaving a lot.  After takeoff, it accelerates to 300 knots and climbs like a demon.  It will do the same thing on an approach; while on the glideslope, it will suddently accelerate and climb.  I am not sure, however, that the problem is with the model and I may try to isolate it.

Next time when this happen post a screenshot where we can see PFD, ND, FCU

Archived