PFPX updates and bug reports

Activating Multi View actually solved the problem.

Regarding the missing weather and track data, the error was once again in front of the screen. My subscription expired a day ago.

Many thanks for the help.

Greetings Remo/Airbusso

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

When I uninstall v2.03 and install v2.04, my Server subscription shows as checked and valid until 03-DEC-2021, but when I enter the Coupon code I get a box stating that the code has already been used and won't allow me to proceed from Nav 1607. Argh!

Richard Nav 1607 is AIRAC and not related to the server subscription, reinstall your latest AIRAC cycle from Navigraph or Aerosoft

Hi all,

I currently have v2.03 installed and would like to update to v2.04. What is the best recommended upgrade process - ie

• run the v2.04 executable over the installed v2.03 or uninstall 2.03 first and then run the 2.04.exe; 
  • In either case which PFPX folders should I back up to retain existing aircraft, templates, navdata, etc with v2.04; and
  • Will my existing server subscription continue to be valid after I upgrade.

Many thanks for your input.

Cheers,

Michael.   

I would suggest a clean install.

Backup the entrire C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data folder, also backup any changed fir.dat and cruisetables.dat in the main program folder.

Uninstall the current version via the programs list and install v2.04.

Delete the newly created PFPX Data Folder and replace with your backup along with the fir and cruisetables dat files if required.

Your subscription is retained but you may be prompted for the PFPX serial upon first start.

Hi,

I updated to PFPX 2.04, the only issue I know have is that no flight plan, using P3dV4.5, will save to PMDG 747 QOTS2 or PMDG 737 NGXu. I have tried all sorts of route combinations and all I get is errors about 'can't write' to the directory . Screenshot attached for reference.

I use the 'Browse' function to set the routes which are ok for the other add-ons I have.

Please can someone help ?

Thanks,
Martin

Please login to display this image.

37 minutes ago, Roary said:

Hi,

I updated to PFPX 2.04, the only issue I know have is that no flight plan, using P3dV4.5, will save to PMDG 747 QOTS2 or PMDG 737 NGXu. I have tried all sorts of route combinations and all I get is errors about 'can't write' to the directory . Screenshot attached for reference.

I use the 'Browse' function to set the routes which are ok for the other add-ons I have.

Please can someone help ?

Thanks,
Martin

Your path to Prepar3D is incorrectly set, it should be to the main P3D program folder.

EDIT: also run PFPX as Admin

I am having an issue with version 2.04. It gives an error message "Upper Wind Forecast not available". I am using active sky weather file. It has working with version 2.03 and no error messages so far.

14 minutes ago, grattis said:

I am having an issue with version 2.04. It gives an error message "Upper Wind Forecast not available". I am using active sky weather file. It has working with version 2.03 and no error messages so far.

Answered in your other post on the same topic.

• 2 weeks later...

@Marius Moberg @N510GB

Try a clean install:

1. Start PFPX and disable the license in the Options/General tab ( PFPX will close )

2. Backup the :\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data folder ( this also contains your personal data such as aircraft and routes etc ).

3. Uninstall PFPX through the control panel or if not listed via the start button / Aerosoft PFPX / Uninstall function.

4. Delete :\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data folder

5. Install v2.04

6. Update to the latest 2015-2019 vcredist available HERE both x86 and x64 as required

7. Star PFPX and activate your license, configure settings and check the program operation before adding any other data.

8. Re-install your AIRAC ( if necessary copy from your backup navdata.nav and cycle/cycle_info.txt to :\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\NavData )

9. Restore ONLY  'REQUIRED' data from your backup as necessary, where possible start afresh .

Just now, N510GB said:

It's not even letting me do the first thing it just crashes as soon as it loads up 

Does it crash and there is a report in windows event viewer ?

If it just closes then do you have an active server subscription ?

If not then disconnect the PC from the internet, start PFPX and set weather to NONE or an alternative source.

Skip step 1 if necessary.

Here is what the error says

APPCRASH
      Not available
      PFPX.exe
      5fdb05ce
      ntdll.dll
      5f641e44
      c0000005

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9A0E.tmp.dmp \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9AAC.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9ABC.tmp.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9ABA.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9ADB.tmp.txt
      \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_PFPX.exe_49a5693a4a938c7337f3658bcd1d9e36f257829_926f906a_afbfa1cf-4e40-4228-a721-b60a17fa4f92

4f054a1f-6f99-4554-ac7a-e275af20f6a1
      810e288338af7b20dba5a397aa8ac72b

• Deputy Sheriffs

the ntdll.dll error is extremly generic and nearly impossible to trace back. But in nearly all cases in the past it was caused by outdated/brocken system files and/or drivers.

Maybe updating your Windows to the latest version fixes this problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I've been looking at the weather images that PFPX provides us in its "Browser -> Links" section but there are many that changed their URL and are not shown in version 2.04. How can I edit them to correct the right links or only you can do it?

Thank you

10 hours ago, gevan said:

Hello everyone,

I've been looking at the weather images that PFPX provides us in its "Browser -> Links" section but there are many that changed their URL and are not shown in version 2.04. How can I edit them to correct the right links or only you can do it?

Thank you

You can edit existing entries and create new via the SETUP icon on the browser ribbon bar.

My own browser.xml is attached, backup/replace that located C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data if you wish

Browser.zip

20 hours ago, srcooke said:

You can edit existing entries and create new via the SETUP icon on the browser ribbon bar.

My own browser.xml is attached, backup/replace that located C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data if you wish

Thank you Stephen, you helped me solve the problem.

Regards

• 2 months later...

Dear PFPX Team,

I kindly want to ask, if there are any major updates planned for the near future of this beautiful piece of software?
There have been several requests, especially when it come to the Flightbrief outputs, in the past and of course any other things too :)

Just a bit qurious

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

I would also like to chime that bell to ask whether we will see updates to the TOPCAT planes. As far as I know, the TOPCAT data files are kind of special, so it is only the devs that can add/remove those. I am particularly thinking about the newer Airbus engines, that is missing. 

• 2 months later...

I found a BUG! if same VOR/fix on same route, then one of them will not build! In fact, I have feedback on the forum of navigraph before and basically rule out the problem of navigation data. It should be a problem with the software itself.

ZBSJ BELAX G212 VYK W34 OTBUL W35 CHG A575 OMDUS ZYTX

VIBR BNR W35 CHG M890 SP VISP

Hope you guys can solve it! Thanks!!!

• 2 months later...
On 6/18/2019 at 7:41 PM, DLRK said:

IMO, it definitely looks PFPX is abandoned

From what I read here it pretty much looks like it.

Too bad. Good software, I am using it a lot.

The amount of functions is fine. It would just need some bug fixing and a facelift to run flawlessly on the current Windows version s without the need to use some Win 7 compatibility mode. Come on!

Archived