PFPX updates and bug reports

Such a disappointment in updating your customers on whether there's a continued development roadmap or not for PFPX. I wish I never bought the product knowing that it would end up like this. For such an expensive app, we, the customers are in the dark about it's future.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Airway88 said:

Seems that PFPX won`t load any metar or anything now.

Server issues from the 3rd party sites?

Appears to be a PFPX server issue at this time.

Gents,

I reached out to support via a ticket and received a prompt reply acknowledging the issue and confirming that it is already being worked on.

Don’t know what I would do without PFPX...

• Deputy Sheriffs

I'm creating an OFP template at the moment and experiencing troubles with the crew names. It appears that the entry fields for PIC, FO and SO and the respective commands <&Crew1/2/3> are somehow mixed up. Crew3 (SO) is correct, Crew1 (CMD) displays what is entered in the FO field and FO (Crew2) displays the "others" entry prompt. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I don't know if there will be an updated version of PFPX but if there is, I would like to see the user have the option of specify the flight level restrictions and associated altitude constraints. At work, we use Jeppesen Jetplan to create out flight plans and while the system provide us with the flight level changes (which is nice), we can also change the flight level changes in the Profile command line.

Example 1:

330,DQB,350,PMM,370

Fly at flight level 330 to DQB, 350 to PMM and 370 the rest of the way (until Top of Descent).

Example 2:

330,DQB,350,PMM

Fly at flight level 330 to DQB, 350 to PMM, and optimize the flight level the rest of the way (no input after PMM).

Example 3:

310,350,DQB

Fly anywhere between the flight levels 310 and 350 (inclusive) until waypoint, DQB. Select optimal altitudes the rest of the flight.

In the current version of PFPX, I don't see how I can do that. In the Route section of PFPX, its to general. Thank you.

16 hours ago, raptor84 said:

Hello,

I don't know if there will be an updated version of PFPX but if there is, I would like to see the user have the option of specify the flight level restrictions and associated altitude constraints. At work, we use Jeppesen Jetplan to create out flight plans and while the system provide us with the flight level changes (which is nice), we can also change the flight level changes in the Profile command line.

Example 1:

330,DQB,350,PMM,370

Fly at flight level 330 to DQB, 350 to PMM and 370 the rest of the way (until Top of Descent).

Example 2:

330,DQB,350,PMM

Fly at flight level 330 to DQB, 350 to PMM, and optimize the flight level the rest of the way (no input after PMM).

Example 3:

310,350,DQB

Fly anywhere between the flight levels 310 and 350 (inclusive) until waypoint, DQB. Select optimal altitudes the rest of the flight.

In the current version of PFPX, I don't see how I can do that. In the Route section of PFPX, its to general. Thank you.

Can 1 & 2 not be achieved on the advanced Speed/Altitude/Holding section ?

Can only see option 3 Blocking Altitudes for military use in the IFPS manual, maybe used elsewhere ?

Update V. 2.04 available.

I´m not sure if this is the answer most of us are waiting for, but least there is something happening :)
Still waiting for the offical statement about the actual situation to Aerosoft

1 hour ago, jackjones said:

Update V. 2.04 available.

I´m not sure if this is the answer most of us are waiting for, but least there is something happening :)
Still waiting for the offical statement about the actual situation to Aerosoft

Was that all what they did??? Doesn't seem much although, yes, I agree with you that it's at least something is happening.

On 12/11/2020 at 3:57 AM, srcooke said:

Can 1 & 2 not be achieved on the advanced Speed/Altitude/Holding section ?

Can only see option 3 Blocking Altitudes for military use in the IFPS manual, maybe used elsewhere ?

Yes, example 1 and 2 can I do in the advance Speed/Alt/Holding section. Didn't know that. thanks for pointing it out.

As for example 3, not sure if its only used for military. I've tried it a few times at work and the function works. I think its just an easier way to select the altitudes you want to cruise at, to only focus on those altitudes rather than having to specify it with a long line.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 minutes ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

Although Matthijs states that the new version 2/04 is now available, on installation, the version shows as 2.03. I am unsure whether there is a new version as the CFMU Route Validation option still appears.

Are you sure that you have downloaded the correct version? Is the name of the installer you have downloaded and started AS_PFPX_V203.exe or AS_PFPX_V204.exe?

I have downloaded and installed the new version yesterday without any problems and at all places this version identifies itself as version 2.04.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I hope that I am not just 'losing it'!

I have certainly run the AS_PFPZ_V204.exe installer. The PFPX.exe Properties>Details window also shows the File version and Productversion as 2.0.4.0. But the app shows Configuration>General as installed version 2.03 and Available version as 2.04 with the Automatically check for updates box checked. No update was automatically offered.

What is happening?

Kind regards, Richard 

• Deputy Sheriffs

I would suggest that you uninstall PFPX and re-install it again. Looks to me that something went wrong when you installed 2.04 above your installed 2.03.

You might want to backup the following folder before doing this:

• C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\

I uninstalled version 2.03 and then installed 2.04. Now, every time I start the program, the map window is displayed only minimized and it is necessary to apply the "Reset Window" function. In addition, the weather and track data are not updated. Only a red exclamation mark is visible.

Grüsse Remo/Airbusso

13 minutes ago, Airbusso said:

I uninstalled version 2.03 and then installed 2.04. Now, every time I start the program, the map window is displayed only minimized and it is necessary to apply the "Reset Window" function. In addition, the weather and track data are not updated. Only a red exclamation mark is visible.

Grüsse Remo/Airbusso

Is Multi View selected in the layout options ?

You have an active server subscription ? Can be checked on the configuration/general tab.

Archived