Doors with GSX level 2

Good evening,
With the last update 1.2.3.0 I thought you had entered the automatic closing after GSX levle 2 had finished loading the baggage. Now you have to go to MCDU3 and do it manually, I do not know is possible, but it would be nice to close the doors alone (at least the cargo) if you could close all the doors automatically would be even better. Also because if I do not close all the doors do not start the automatic checklist. 

Thanks

Yes ok, but to start the pre-pushback check list all the doors must be closed, and then once is written "follow GSX instruction". If I call the pushback this does not make sense. I think there is some "mistake" in the sequence.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same, but opposite, problem. I want the system to let me do all of the things manually.  This used to be be fine, but then I upgraded P3D and the Airbus Pro, and all of a sudden I get things going to early.  For example: if GSX loads all of the passengers too quick (which it usually does), then the doors will be automatically closed and the stairways taken away - preventing the remaining passengers from boarding.  I need to then get the plane in a situaton where i can just open the doors so i finish the boarding (but it doesn't but the stairway back in the right place).

If we could just make it so that GSX wasn't closing/opening doors, that would be good.

Gaz

I would also welcome a full control of the doors instead of automatic control. Since updating to Airbus professional I always have trouble using the doors like doors that open theirselfs upon closing.

I second this. Already when it was initially planned to include those things I thought: hopefully it will be optional. I know, for many it is nice to have those things automated, not for me, especially not if there are still flaws. My suggestion: put a selection box into the AS configuration that allows using this or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

I never saw a PF or PNF closing or opening doors. This is the responsibility of the cabin crew or groundservices and this was the reason why we enabled /implemented this GSX function. But with the next experimental update some changes will be implemented in connection with GSX:

• Before starting any GSX action you are able to manually close / open the doors (using like before the MCDU3 function). If you afterwards starts the GSX-function it will recognize that the doors are already in the right position and will start from there.
  • This is also valid for the BEFORE START CL.
    • You can either close the doors manually and then the CL automatically will start. After it has been finished start the GSX Pushback and everything works as previously.
    • The other opportunity is to use the GSX Pushback function. Then the doors will automatically be closed and also the BEFORE START CL will be started. In parallel GSX already prepares the pushback procedure...... but do not follow the GSX command "Disconnect EXT GPU" and manually disconnect it in the MCDU3 but wait as it automatically will be during by the checklist after the APU is available – otherwise the plane will be without power. 

Regards,

Rolf

Archived