Very dark during night?

Hey mates,

is it normal that when all lights are off (cold&dark) nearly nothing is visible in the cockpit and outside? The first 2 photos show the plane after cold and dark state insert. The third one is with external lights on and dome light on.

The first ones are so dark that you not able to find any knob. Also it seems that landing/taxi lights do not illuminate the ground. I also checked that on a PMDG 777 and its the same there. Strange thing for me...

Please login to display this image.

Thanks for the help, I have used the tread by Kok but only had to change the "output dynamic range". The rest was already set. Maybe something else was set different after the driver update from my video card? I updated a big way as my last update was maybe 2 years ago :D

But What I noticed on a short test is that the lights are not illuminating the ground. But that is only so far on the Aerosoft bus. On the Dash 8 no problems.

I hjave same issue..... P3DV4, DL on, and updated Nvidia Drivers...

Changing NVIDIA settings  to try the colour thingy wont solve the issue.   No matter which i try(CRJ default or added texture), everything looks pretty dark at night.   Actually, lighting is not working at all.....its just a black thing there and i just can see screens on.   Not even Shift + L works...

Everything is dark during the night but ok during the day...  Even night lighting can be seen normally during the day....(you see the light showing up...)

Ohh.... a CTD after a while, no matter what i try....  Something is not wright:

I found this at LM:  https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6314&t=132233&start=15

General bug?   Or after Nvidia drivers update?....   Dont know....

19 hours ago, airbusflyer said:

The rest was already set. Maybe something else was set different after the driver update from my video card?

Few days ago i updated to driver 418.81, not sure if something to do with it, but now that you mention it, are you having any issues after?

This is happening to me even on any other payware acfrt.    If i start cool and dark, the darkness is total...  cant find any buttons....    But external views..... there are no spot lights for that except tail and wing edges...  Everything super dark...

• Aerosoft

That sure sounds like you are not using standard shaders. A lot of the 3rd party shaders expand the center colors and flatten the lightest and darkest colors (I never understood why people would want to delete hundreds of possible colors from their sim). On a normally calibrated monitor with default shaders, you should be able to see something, even in the darkest hours.

If you really want to flatten the colors, looks for a small tool for P3D that adds a flashlight. Can't remember the name but googling will dig it up.

Solved  this way:

Since i use PTA, i returned default shaders and darkness was gone after little sim testing i did.

After that i reinstalled the preset Adams 2.63 disabling "water Tweaks effect" as per PTA Dev advice, and added this to the Prepar3D.cfg:

MOON_PHASE_LIGHTING=True
to 
MOON_PHASE_LIGHTING=False

No darkness... even with the PTA mod installed.   So well, i hope this one is helpful for any other fellow pilot....

Happy flying!

Archived