Question about Flaps...

Jammin16

Hi everybody

I have a question about Flaps 1+F.

When I get in to landing, with my Airbuses and I set Flaps to Flaps 1 I can get to Flaps 1+F???

But if I get from flaps 0 to flap 2 os are there flaps 2+F???

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Jammin16,

There is two settings when the flaps are set to position 1. On ground for takeoff when flap lever is set to position 1 you get 18 degrees of slats and 10 degrees of flaps. Any other time you are setting the flap lever to position 1 you only get 18 degrees of slats with no flaps. Hence the two different modes 1+F (where F stands for flaps) and 1 which is without flaps.

Position 2 already has same configuration on all flight phases with 22 degrees of slats and 15 degrees of slats. Therefore there is no need to indicate that flaps are included with this position with the extra +F marking.

6 hours ago, Secondator said:

Hello Jammin16,

There is two settings when the flaps are set to position 1. On ground for takeoff when flap lever is set to position 1 you get 18 degrees of slats and 10 degrees of flaps. Any other time you are setting the flap lever to position you only get 18 degrees of slats with no flaps. Hence the two different modes 1+F (where F stands for flaps) and 1 which is without flaps.

Position 2 already has same configuration on all flight phases with 22 degrees of slats and 15 degrees of slats. Therefore there is no need to indicate that flaps are included with this position with the extra +F marking.

I am happy because you have the answer, but can see that we are talking past each other. What I want is to have flaps down at position 1. when I get in to landing. Because when I go in to landing and go from Flaps position 0 / up to 1. 

Do I not have a flipping down as you can see in the pictures.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

It's working perfectly as it should. When you are approaching an airport for landing you don't get any flaps until position 2 set on the lever. Position 1 only gives you slats on approach phase. So to answer your questions, you should not need to get 1+F setting during approach. That's by design.

The only time you will get flaps as well with position 1 is before takeoff. Hence ECAM also says 1+F where the F stands for flaps.

You can also see it on your ECAM flaps gauge. S stands for the slats side and F for the F side. When only 1 is shown on ECAM you have slats set to first position and flaps staying up. When 1+F is shown on ECAM you have same Slats setting shown on ECAM and the additional flaps set to first position.

18 minutes ago, Secondator said:

Det virker perfekt, som det skal. Når du nærmer dig en lufthavn til landing, får du ingen klapper, indtil position 2 er sat på håndtaget. Position 1 giver dig kun lameller på tilgangsfase. Så for at besvare dine spørgsmål, skal du ikke have 1 + F-indstilling under tilgang. Det er ved design.

Den eneste gang du får flapper med position 1 er før start. Derfor siger ECAM også 1 + F, hvor F står for klapper.

Du kan også se det på din ECAM flapsmåler. S står for slatsiden og F for F-siden. Når kun 1 er vist på ECAM, har du lameller sat til første position og flaps holder op. Når 1 + F vises på ECAM, har du samme Slats indstilling vist på ECAM og de ekstra flaps sat til første position.

Okay thank you very much for your help, I just wanted to know if everything was as it should be:hi_s:^_^

• Deputy Sheriffs

For more information on this, see starting at page 04-03-40 in Volume 4 of the documentation. The answer is there as well.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived