Cabin signs // seatbelts // Electronics

philippe

I am currently on approach phase and I cannot engage the cabin signs (seatbelts and electronics).  As soon as the seatbelts lever reaches the on the position it automatically goes to off.  The copilot checklist is also stuck there (I keep hearing a clicking noise as the copilot is attempting to engage the cabin signs but to no avail).  The same thing happened as I was attempting to engage the seatbelt sign due to turbulence earlier in the flight.

I am currently flying the A320 CFM with wingtips

HI, i had the same issue last night, but never happened before - I did not solve yet but i think its maybe because there is somewhere a control assignment button or something which maybe causing this i need to check. Basically, in my case the check list got repeated like a LOOP and the setbelt and cabin sign button was off on off on  loop :))))

How i solved, I clicked on Checklist turn off the copilot and pressed the skip item, and manually I could change the seatbelt switch after that I turned on the copilot again. and all worked fine. 

Would be good to know if there are a key-combo for those buttons 

This happened to me 2 days ago for the first time (and not again since, yet), in the A319CFM.

It was on the ground before starting the engines, I tried to turn on the no smoking sign but it was doing the same thing; would very briefly go to on for 1/10 sec., and then right back to off.  I could hear it making the clicking sound, it just wouldn't stay there.

The odd thing was, I didn't have the checklist on at all.

After clicking it many times it finally stayed on, but didn't see to be any rhyme or reason why.

interesting sounds like when you have a key-command assigned to something else and that command causing this-.--- but i don't know.... happened to me last night too. so now my workaround, I manage those buttons before the checklist.

Ok i think i found maybe the source of the issue - If you using checklist pilot and co pilot on, the co pilot switches seatbelts on and smoking on, at fl100 copilot turns off BOTH and if you after that turn on one of them loop starting when you Approach.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, but I do not understand what the problem is. Without using the  CL and CP you can do what you want. By the way there is no Non Smoking sign in the current Airbus as it has been replaced by PED. If you are using the CL / CP function the cabin signs are switched on when passing 10.000 feet but you are able to switch those on earlier. Those lights stay on until the parking brakes are set on and the engines are cut. So no interference with it during approach. 

Regards,

Rolf

On 2/13/2019 at 5:18 AM, Hanse said:

Sorry, but I do not understand what the problem is. Without using the  CL and CP you can do what you want. By the way there is no Non Smoking sign in the current Airbus as it has been replaced by PED. If you are using the CL / CP function the cabin signs are switched on when passing 10.000 feet but you are able to switch those on earlier. Those lights stay on until the parking brakes are set on and the engines are cut. So no interference with it during approach. 

Regards,

Rolf

Yes but even when turning off CP and CL, once they are "stuck," they remain stuck.  It has happened to me twice, but under odd scenarios.  I cant reproduce the bug consistently.  I'll pay closer attention next time.

Archived