Radio Panel font disappearing

Hi,

I have noticed that when I tune my radio from the atc menu in P3D, the first digit of the STBY/CRS frequency is disappearing but when i switch the frequencies it is back again.

But I don't have this problem when I do it manually.

Please login to view this video.

Please login to view this video.

Something similar to this happened to me as well on my first flight using 1.2.3.0.  I didn't notice it when it happened, I just noticed at some time during preflight that the first digit was missing (as was that part of the LCD background).  I don't recall exactly how I fixed it; was either by changing frequency or swapping; it hasn't recurred since.

I use PF3 for ATC and have it set to have the copilot handle frequency changes, so it seems quite possible the same mechanism at play.  Prior to that instance I had never seen this.  I'll try to pay more attention to see if it happens again.

The behavior has happened twice so far during my current flight.  Both times as a result of PF3 changing my COM1 frequency as part of its "Virtual Copilot" feature which I have set to Mode 2.  (In other words, I haven't touched the radio since initially setting it to the ATIS and clearance frequencies.)

CP Mode 2 - In this mode you start to work your VCP a little harder and make him/her (yes there are some hers available) handle all your communications with ATC plus handle any necessary frequency changes.

Perhaps this is occurring because PF3 effectively bypasses the standby frequency; i.e. it directly changes the active frequency and the standby frequency does not change.

It appears to be purely a graphical glitch, the functionality of COM1 is not affected.  Swapping or simply changing either of the frequency dials immediately fixes it.

Please login to display this image.

Archived