Problems with MCDU Preparation...

Hi;

This it's my first time in the forum and I am searching for assistance with an issue. I have just started using the A319 and still consulting tutorials on youtube on how to prep the FMC. I used SimBrief for flight plans and after transfer it to the flight plans folder provided. Once that completed and attempt to program the MCDU, I have noticed that the (INIT) window when entering the Depart/Destination airport codes and then pressed L1 (CO RTE) the flight plan shows up, I am able to enter the flight number but in the R2 (From/To) nothing fills up, as well on the L3 (Altn Co RTE), L5 (Cost Index) and L6 (CRZ FL Temp) does not provide me the yellow blocks to fill this areas and basically that's as far that I can proceed to the next window to fill the ZFW/ZFWCO & Block fields. Could you assist or provided guidance or remedy for this issue. I have consulted the manuals but cannot locate a remedy? Really frustrated......😣have not even push out of the gate after many attempts setting the vehicle on Cold Star or Ready for Taxi!

Fernando

• Deputy Sheriffs

Try the supplied tutorial flight from Frankfurt to London first if you are running into problems. This will help you alot if you are unfamiliar with the operation of an Airbus.

Happy landings!

Ops!🤨...Not sure if I found it Frank would this be the one?..None listed as (Frankfurt to London) so far....if this is not the you are referring to could you please provide the youtube link for it if not to much trouble?

Hi AB; I am sorry but I did not follow you on the your post; You meant Manuals correct?...If so where are this manuals are located at after download?..I have looked through the file and do not see one only  I will have to go to the airsoft website to find them correct?🤔

• Deputy Sheriffs

It's inside your Airbus installation folder under Documentation.

For example:

D:\Prepar3D v4 Addons\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional\Documentation

vor 20 Stunden , fernandito1969 sagte:

Hi;

This it's my first time in the forum and I am searching for assistance with an issue. I have just started using the A319 and still consulting tutorials on youtube on how to prep the FMC. I used SimBrief for flight plans and after transfer it to the flight plans folder provided. Once that completed and attempt to program the MCDU, I have noticed that the (INIT) window when entering the Depart/Destination airport codes and then pressed L1 (CO RTE) the flight plan shows up, I am able to enter the flight number but in the R2 (From/To) nothing fills up, as well on the L3 (Altn Co RTE), L5 (Cost Index) and L6 (CRZ FL Temp) does not provide me the yellow blocks to fill this areas and basically that's as far that I can proceed to the next window to fill the ZFW/ZFWCO & Block fields. Could you assist or provided guidance or remedy for this issue. I have consulted the manuals but cannot locate a remedy? Really frustrated......😣have not even push out of the gate after many attempts setting the vehicle on Cold Star or Ready for Taxi!

Fernando

Hi,

after you stored the flightplan from SIMBRIEF at the right location go to first inti side and type in e.g. EDDF/EGHH and put it into the field R1.

After this your stored flightplan should pop up. Than follow the advise on the MCDU screen.

Hi once again Gentz;

Problems still unresolved;

I did follow the guidance shared above, I have entered (EDDF/EGHH) following the tutorial and I get at the bottom of the scratchpad (Bad Format) msg when entered as its was advice and per tutorial, I did build the flight plan with SIMBRIEF and get the "EDDF/EGHH01.flp" as product which I then transferred to the following location;

C:/program Files/Lockheed Martin/Prepard3Dv4/Aerosoft/General/A3XX Flight Plans file;

when entered as such "EDDF/EGHH01.flp" and place on the L1 on the FMC it does inhibits the L1 space however nothing else comes up available. Neither on R1, R2, L5, L6 comes up auto or to type it in (yellow squares). It only allows me to set the IRS and enter the flight number (ex..DAL1000) that its as far I can go in the INIT window, any advices or suggestion?

vor 2 Stunden , fernandito1969 sagte:

Hi once again Gentz;

Problems still unresolved;

I did follow the guidance shared above, I have entered (EDDF/EGHH) following the tutorial and I get at the bottom of the scratchpad (Bad Format) msg when entered as its was advice and per tutorial, I did build the flight plan with SIMBRIEF and get the "EDDF/EGHH01.flp" as product which I then transferred to the following location;

C:/program Files/Lockheed Martin/Prepard3Dv4/Aerosoft/General/A3XX Flight Plans file;

when entered as such "EDDF/EGHH01.flp" and place on the L1 on the FMC it does inhibits the L1 space however nothing else comes up available. Neither on R1, R2, L5, L6 comes up auto or to type it in (yellow squares). It only allows me to set the IRS and enter the flight number (ex..DAL1000) that its as far I can go in the INIT window, any advices or suggestion?

Man, download the FP from Simbrief and put him into the desired folder for AS flightplans. Than type EDDF/EGHH and put into R1 on the first INIT side thats it.

• Deputy Sheriffs

One explanation for your difficulty with the tutorial flight in Volume 6 of the included manuals is the destination you're entering. It should be EGLL, not EGHH. EGHH is Bournemouth airport, which is about 100 miles SW of London

Here's the relevant section from Volume 6 (page 06-01-19):

"3.8 Tutorial Flight with Aerosoft A319 CFM: Even that this tutorial flight is originally written for the A319 it can also be used for flights with other models because the layout of all planes is almost identical. Only certain data like fuel and payload as well as performance and speed data may vary.  The flight goes from Frankfurt, Germany (EDDF) to  London Heathrow, United Kingdom (EGLL) and the following real-life flight plan will be used: EDDF – SOBRA Y180 BITBU Y181 MAKIK UY181 DEMUL UM624 BUB UL608 SUMUM L608 LOGAN – EGLL"

• Deputy Sheriffs
16 hours ago, fernandito1969 said:

C:/program Files/Lockheed Martin/Prepard3Dv4/Aerosoft/General/A3XX Flight Plans

one more thing: your setup seems to be totally wrong. this folder is completely wrong. When you install your Airbus there are basically 2 location where files are stored:

1. ...users/yourusername/documents/Aerosoft/General; there you find all folders like the flightplan folder

2. the folder with the aircraft files.

Do not install the Airbus inside of the P3D folder; create a folder like ../P3D-Addons elsewhere and point the installer to this folder

So what you have to do now:

- completely uninstall the Airbus

- reboot your PC

- install the latest version

- reboot your PC

try again

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 minutes ago, Hypo said:

interesting my was installed under p3d ecosystem/aerosoft, all the AS stuff there airports...etc never run into problem ......

Reason is very simple: once you install an Aerosoft Addon the Installer "remembers" the folder you have choosen and automatically offers it the next time you install another Aerosoft addon.

But I strongly advice you not to install into the P3D root folder as it might cause some issues. Another advantage is that in case you have to reinstall P3D you do not have to reinstall all your addons.

But this applies only to addons using this new installation methode introduced by LM, installing into a separate folder.

yeah i got it all my other addons are in the addons folder except AS, just i mentioned it did not caused so far any issue. But if i will do a new install i will put all to a separate place, now trying to fly this baby :))

• 2 weeks later...

To Mopperle;

I have tried the following steps posted to install the program; Outcome.

1- uninstalled the existing version

2-removed the relevant folders

3-installed the program

4-Got an error message while installing.

5- Created another user account and installed the same but in vain.

6-The configurator gives me 2 tabs instead of 3 General, FS2Crew and Voice packs.

have not attempted anything further for now until further feedback in regards to the error msg.

Any additional resolution available or did I missed something during installation??

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

On 2/9/2019 at 10:52 PM, Herman said:

One explanation for your difficulty with the tutorial flight in Volume 6 of the included manuals is the destination you're entering. It should be EGLL, not EGHH. EGHH is Bournemouth airport, which is about 100 miles SW of London

"3.8 Tutorial Flight with Aerosoft A319 CFM: Even that this tutorial flight is originally written for the A319 it can also be used for flights with other models because the layout of all planes is almost identical. Only certain data like fuel and payload as well as performance and speed data may vary.  The flight goes from Frankfurt, Germany (EDDF) to  London Heathrow, United Kingdom (EGLL) and the following real-life flight plan will be used: EDDF – SOBRA Y180 BITBU Y181 MAKIK UY181 DEMUL UM624 BUB UL608 SUMUM L608 LOGAN – EGLL"

Thanks Sir. The text on the box EGHH was a typo. Thanks for pointing that out, I did missed it. My mistake 

Archived