P3Dv4.4 - CTD at Loading Screen after installing 1.2.3 (and later 1.0.0)

Airmax

Good morning everyone,

yesterday I wanted to install the new Versions of your Airbus. To this point everything was working without problems with 1.2.2.

After I installed the new full Installer (yes, I did reboot), my Sim crashed to Desktop at the Loading screen of Prepar3D.

After a little testing I found out, that the busses seem to be the reason for the CTD:

1) I have a running Simulator without the busses (I can start the sim and load a flight, e.g. with the PMDG).

2) After having installed the A318/A319 (or A320/A321) and restarting the PC, P3D is crashing at the start.

3) After deinstalling the Aircraft, the Sim won't start either.

4) After deleting the Folder C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 (where the scenery.cfg and the scenery-add-ons.xml is located) , P3D is reindexing and I can load the Sim. Starting a flight is also possible.

-> Welcome to 1)

Now I tried to be smart and deleted the folder C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 after installing the Airbus. P3D is successfully loading (and reindexing), but I can't pick the Airbus in the Aircraft Selection Menu.

-> Welcome to 1)

Maybe, I thought to myself, there is a chance to update Version 1.2.3. on the ASUpdater, but there is nothing to update.

Finally I tried to "rollback" and Install Version1.0.0., but unfortunately I have all the same effects as writen above. -> Welcome to 2)

As I ran out of ideas, I just wanted to ask, whether anyone has had an similar problem. Unfortunately there is no way to roll back to 1.2.2, but I think my Sim wouldn't start either as Version 1.0.0. is not working for me.

Regards,

Max

vor 5 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

A detailed error message would be helpfull. In case no error message is displayed, check the Windows Eventviewer.

In P3Dv4 i can see no log file, where do I find information I need in the Eventviewer?

Regards,

Max

vor 15 Minuten, Flavio1 sagte:

Try uninstalling RAAS (locked version supplied with Airbus).

I will try that! (Thank you!)

EDIT:

Flavio1, you are my hero of the day. There seems to be a Problem with RAAS... but why?

Anyway, thanks a lot. Will try this later with the A320/A321!

I reported this RASS problem when the Aerosoft Pro was first launched, I still with every version do not allow RASS to install and the Airbus works fine and I am enjoying it very much, my theory is that becuase my sim Aerosoft Airbus is installed  outside of P3d, the RASS must be trying to install in the wrong place, hope this makes sense, but for most people RASS and the Airbus work fine

• Deputy Sheriffs
23 minutes ago, barrendrop3 said:

my theory is that becuase my sim Aerosoft Airbus is installed  outside of P3d,

Wrong theory, my Airbus is also installed outside the P3D folder and RAAS works fine, no CTD

Archived