Indestructable engines

tigran90241

Hi Aerosoft-Team,

I know you weren't aiming for a realistic simulation such as other developers... And that's fine by me. But would it be to much to program an engine failure caused by engine stress?

Even the FSX default AC can simulate that, but with an Aerosoft A320 I can literally fly an hour with TOGA-setting and the engines remain just fine.

Could you look into that?

Thanks!

• Deputy Sheriffs

It is currently out of scope. If we would implement that, it’s a lot more work to do, than just disable one engine. All the ecam stuff, the direct connected systems, that also don’t work any longer...

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs
On 2/2/2019 at 7:20 AM, tigran90241 said:

Hi Aerosoft-Team,

I know you weren't aiming for a realistic simulation such as other developers... 

It's actually a very realistic simulation of normal ops. If you ran an hour at TOGA settings in real life, you'd realistically be fired by your airline, but that's not simulated either. As Masterhawk notes, a realistic failure is more than just the engine(s) shutting down.

• Aerosoft

Besides, if you want to fly for an hour at TOGA setting, are you really sure you are looking for a realistic simulation? A user that does that is probably looking for a serious game more than a simulator.

Btw, though not good for the engine and not according to regulation (10 min is max), it will run that probably run that long on TOGA setting, if other add-ons fail the engine on that it might not be as accurate as you think it is. During tests, they run these engines for many hours at absolute max power. 

Archived