Scenery product versions...

Hauer

Pehaps this topic has been previously mentioned...

I notice some sceneries being defined as "Mega Airport xxx Professional" and others without "Professional" being mentioned. What is the difference?

Example, I would be interested in the Mega Airport Oslo v2 (on sale) but am hesitatant to purchase as it does not state the wording "Professional" only to discover that in the near future there may be an appropriate "Professional" upgrade available.

Appreciate some views / opinions. Thank you.

Cheers,

Herman Auer

• Deputy Sheriffs

The professional series is for P3Dv4 only as they use specific P3Dv4 features. Aerosoft addons without "Professional" in its name might also be ompatible with certain P3D versions. Check the product description and read it carefully. E.g. when the system requirements mention only "P3D" without a special version, it means that it is only compatible with the very first version of P3D which got no version number by Lockheed Martin and was simply named "Prepar3D". The following versions got a numbering.

In the shop is a special section for P3Dv4 compatible addons:
https://www.aerosoft.com/de/flugsimulation/prepar3d-v4/

Thanks for the clarification, Otto.  So, I can regard the Mega X Oslo v2 on par with the "Professional" product titles as it has been made suitable for the 64-bit P3Dv4 versions.

I thus assume the only reason "Professional" is not mentioned in the title is because it has been on the market for quite some time and in the meantime undergone an upgrade making it suitable for P3Dv4.

Thanks / Danke,

Herman Auer 

• Deputy Sheriffs
56 minutes ago, Hauer said:

on par with the "Professional" product

Not necessarily! As said the Prof series uses features and techniques only available with P3Dv4 and is therefore not backwards compatible.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived