1.2.3.0: 3rd MCDU only loads 130 pax

Meyerflyer

Hello,

since updating to 1.2.3.0, I can only load 130 pax. I entered 158, the loading began, but stopped at 130. The flashing "Boarding" was still there, as if the loading continued, but it didn't.

Even "Load instant" did not help. Never had this before 1.2.3.0.

A320 CFM.

Please login to display this image.

vor 38 Minuten, mopperle sagte:

Really strange, I just entered the same values as in your screenshot and do not seee such an issue:

Thanks for checking. I will have a look at it on my next flight. Maybe it was only a one time issue.

I had the same problem again on the next flight yesterday. Very strange.

Before updating to 1.2.3.0 I never had this issue. It only happened after updating. The update was done via reinstalling the Bus. Therefore, I cannot really imagine, it's an issue with a messed up installation. Basically, it' s a clean Airbus installation.

• Deputy Sheriffs

And you did not restore any old aircraft.cfg files after reinstalling the Airbus? We've seen people doing so which results in different issues.

vor 5 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

And you did not restore any old aircraft.cfg files after reinstalling the Airbus? We've seen people doing so which results in different issues.

Negative. I didn't do anything but reinstall the Bus to get to 1.2.3.0. I'm not sure if it's a bug and I don't say it is one if noone else has problems like I do.

But I would really like to get rid of this issue. Maybe I'll try reinstalling it again and update to P3D 4.4. I'm still running the latest 4.3. Maybe it has to do with the latest Airbus version and 4.3 as I expect you to have tested with 4.4.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Are you using GSX? Maybe this related to some aircraft settings in GSX..... Another option might be the aircraft.cfg.  Are you using a Standard plane coming with the Installer?

vor 3 Stunden , Hanse sagte:

Are you using GSX? Maybe this related to some aircraft settings in GSX..... Another option might be the aircraft.cfg.  Are you using a Standard plane coming with the Installer?

Yes, GSX is in use but only the standard version, not Level 2.

I had the issue with the standard plane Lufthansa D-AISP.

I have some other GSX issues like cargo doors that won't close until pushback (they close automatically then) and freaking out GSX ground handling trucks that drive through the bus and don't dock correctly onto the Bus. Should I maybe reinstall GSX?

I’ve had it happen on multiple occasions and the only way to ‘reset’ it is by simply restarting GSX.

Calum Martin, Fselite.

Apparently a common issue with GSX and 3th party aircraft.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Are you using the Load and Fuelplanner? Is there the correct aircraft type selected? I am asking because the Maximum Pax Number is based on aircraft type used in the loadsheet generated by it.

I just tested the A321 CFM and IAE variants, and they both loaded 220 PAX (maximum number of passengers).

Additionally, the smallest of the Airbus Bundle aircraft will carry 132 PAX (also tested fine), not 130.

This test included loading the PAX manually (MDCU3) and by using the Fuel Planner Load Sheet, and also using the Start Boarding and Instant Load.

Like Hanse, I'm inclined the believe that our friend may have mistakenly generated PAX for the A318. The other alternative is that the installation may not have gone as it should (old files left over from previous install?).  Absolutely certain that version 1230 is being used?

Best wishes.

Thank you very much for your help. Some information I found out in the meantime:

• I didn't ever use the Load and Fuel Planner at all. I just load it via the third MCDU.
  • There is only a Load and Fuel Planner for A318/A319, but none for A320/A321, see screenshot 1. Is that normal?
  • In the A318/A319 Planner, the A318 is selected with a maximum of 132 pax, see screenshot 2. Is the A321 maybe using this planner because the A318 is selected, although I don't use the planner?
  • I've seen in the sim while loading, that the number of boarded pax jumps from 0 to 10 after 5 seconds. After about further 5 seconds it jumps to 70 and then directly to 130 within about 20 seconds.
  • I'm absolutely sure 1.2.3.0 is installed, see screenshot 3.

It's normal to see it that way if you've installed the A318/A319 and the A320/A321.

Once you start the Fuel Planner, remember to select which aircraft you're planning to use.  This selection is located in the aircraft diagram, which is found on the upper left side of the Fuel Planner, directly under the wings.

Best wishes!

Vor 1 Stunde, DaveCT2003 sagte:

It's normal to see it that way if you've installed the A318/A319 and the A320/A321.

Once you start the Fuel Planner, remember to select which aircraft you're planning to use.  This selection is located in the aircraft diagram, which is found on the upper left side of the Fuel Planner, directly under the wings.

Best wishes!

Do I understand you correct that I have to re-select the aircraft I'm going to use in the Planner although I won't use the Planner? That sounds not feasible for me.

8 minutes ago, Meyerflyer said:

Do I understand you correct that I have to re-select the aircraft I'm going to use in the Planner although I won't use the Planner? That sounds not feasible for me.

No sir, not in the least. The Fuel Planner is not required to fly the Airbus, but if you choose to use the Fuel Planner, then you simply have to ensure the correct aircraft type is selected.

Based on all you've said, I believe the most likely culprit here is that not all the Airbus files were removed prior to reinstalling the aircraft or maybe (if you have it) GSXv2 is creating some issues.  I would uninstall the Airbus, ensure that all Airbus related files are removed, re-download the product, and reinstall.  If you have more than one Airbus Professional Product, I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling them both.  Same goes for GSXv2 if you have it.

Best wishes!

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 hours ago, Meyerflyer said:

There is only a Load and Fuel Planner for A318/A319, but none for A320/A321, see screenshot 1. Is that normal?

Yes, this is due to a bug in Windows that the Start menu cant show to links to the same program.

Thank you two. Where exactly do I have to look for files that maybe survived deinstallation of the bus?

I will then maybe reinstall it once again. Btw. I updated to P3D 4.4 yesterday.

• Deputy Sheriffs

When you install the Airbus there are 2 locations where files are being installed/stored:
- user\USERNAME\Documents\Aerosoft\General: in this folder are generic files being installed used by ALL current and future aircraft, like flightplans, navdata etc.

- aircraft installation folder: this is the folder you have specified during installation; in this folder you find a subfolder(s) like "Aerosoft A318 A319 professional". When you reinstall the Airbus, this folder should be removed completely.

Also you should not install the Airbus inside the P3D folder e.g. under \Ecosystem.

7 minutes ago, Meyerflyer said:

After only updating the P3D Client from 4.3 to 4.4, the issue is gone. Case can be closed. Thanks for your help again. :)

Happy you have it resolved.

Best wishes!

Archived