Problem with Installer

Eagle313

Hello

Downloaded the updated A318/A319/A320/A321 Ver.1230 for Prepar3d V4,

installer runs until the end then disconnects after installing the Aerosoft Updater,

No Anti virus- No firewall- tried so many paths but still no help-

Tried an old version and other aircraft, installs normal,

tried many times no help,

anyone can shed some light please!

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

For all with this issue, are you unzipping the downloaded file first? If so, are any of you using the build-in Windows unzip app? If so, I strongly advise a better unzip utility such as 7-Zip file manager, which you can find here.

If you're still having issues after unzipping with something good like 7-Zip, are you installing in a folder outside P3Dv4 and outside the folders affected by Windows UAC? The latter won't resolve the installer cancelling mid-install but will avoid issues later.

Hello Herman,

I am also having the same problem as the users above.

I have tried everything - disabling UAC, Windows defender, Bullgard Firewalls/Antivirus etc, and also installed 7-Zip per the above suggestion..

After downloading the V1230 updates, the updates (like the other users above have reported), are failing to execute and install.

The previous Airbus Professional versions/updates continue to execute and install without any problem,  and I note that they incorporated Installscript Setup Launchers produced by Acresso Software, whereas the V123 update incorporates Installscript Setup Launcher 'Unicode' produced by Aerosoft - I was wondering whether the problem could at all  be connected with this ?

Your further guidance and  advice would be appreciated on this issue as I have had the updates for a week (having re-downloaded  many times), but continue to have a problem installing.

Any further comments or updates from the users mentioned above, would also be welcome as to whether they at all managed to overcome this problem (and if so, how?).

Any help or guidance from anybody on helping resolve  this matter would be much appreciated.

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 minutes ago, Kevan Langley said:

After downloading the V1230 updates

Just to make: this is NOT an update, but a full installer, so you have to uninstall the previous version, reboot your PC, install the new version reboot again and then start P3D.

6 minutes ago, Kevan Langley said:

and I note that they incorporated Installscript Setup Launchers produced by Acresso Software

where exactly do you have this information from? Screenshot please.

Hi Otto,

Have uninstalled previous versions, and again tried to install the V1230 (with Antivirus off) but problem continues in that V1230 does not install.

I have attached screenshots which show that the Setup Launchers on V1210 and  V1230 differ, and I was wondering whether this might be linked to the problem?

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 minutes ago, Kevan Langley said:

I have attached screenshots which show that the Setup Launchers on V1210 and  V1230 differ, and I was wondering whether this might be linked to the problem?

No, this is not the problem.

But indeed very strange. Didi you download the files from Aerosoft directly or from another shop?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Try the following:

-  as the download comes as a zip file, use a different unzipping tool like 7zip to unzip it and not the one that is built into Windows https://7-zip.org/

if that doesnt help:

- delete all downloaded files

- create a folder like ..\AS-Download

- exclude this folder in Windows Defender from being scanned

- download the files to this folder

- unzip them to a seprate folder and try again

Hi Otto,

I have tried your suggestions, with Windows Defender excluding the files from being scanned but unfortunately the problem continues...

Other users above have encountered the same problem, in that V1230 is being downloaded but failing to execute and install.

Your further help and guidance would be much appreciated in resolving this problem please?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Another thing then to try. Ensure your browser cache is completely cleared and any download tools such as Internet Download Manager (a must have tool, IMHO) are flushed of any traces of the 'Bus Pro file, then try a fresh download and see if that helps.

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 hours ago, Kevan Langley said:

in that V1230 is being downloaded but failing to execute and install. 

We have to check in detail what happens:

- until which point do you get when you run the installer. which is the last dialog box you see?

- does it close with an error message? You also might check the Windows Event Viewer under "Windows Logs/Application for entry at the time the installer stops"

- or doesnt it run at all?

On 2/8/2019 at 6:20 AM, Kevan Langley said:

Yes - Justflight were the supplier

Hi Kevin,,

Which version of P3D are you trying to install to?? P3D V4.3 or v4.4??

Mike

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 hours ago, orbmis said:

Hi Kevin,,

Which version of P3D are you trying to install to?? P3D V4.3 or v4.4??

Mike

Got nothing to do with P3D. ;)

Hello Kevin

I have the same problem.

This is what Andreas said

"yes, I have notice the problem with the latest Airbus Installer....

V1210 is using Installshield 2010

V1230 is using Installshield 2018

The problem is, that we have no access to the log files, and I need support from Installshield self.

At the moment we have 2 other users with the same problem"

Was quick to get Simmarket to give me a credit probably to get rid of me and my problem:)

I took credit and purchased the CRJ700/900 and guess what, exactly same problem - their Installshield 2018 is a problem

Regards

Bill Gradwell

Same problem here.

I downloaded from aerosoft shop.I can install, but after installation I don't get the finish and reboot screen.

When I try to uninstall, I get an error ' no logfile found'. ASupdater is not present, or says that there's no product installed. I cant see trueglass installing.

I can fly the plane, by the way.Only with the error I am showing at the picture.

Regards,

Martin Pampiermole

On 2/15/2019 at 6:10 PM, Martin Pampiermole said:

Same problem here.

I downloaded from aerosoft shop.I can install, but after installation I don't get the finish and reboot screen.

When I try to uninstall, I get an error ' no logfile found'. ASupdater is not present, or says that there's no product installed. I cant see trueglass installing.

I can fly the plane, by the way.Only with the error I am showing at the picture.

Regards,

Martin Pampiermole

I'm experiencing the same issue. The installer completes the files and then closes without a "Finish" screen, or any sort of confirmation that the install was successful. And when I try to uninstall I receive the missing log file error.

Product was downloaded from the Aerosoft store on 16/02/19.

Regards

Greg

Was wondering whether there may be any update on resolving the Installshield  issue please, as I deleted the former version V1210 as recommended above, but am still unable to install the V1230 update, meaning that I no longer have Airbus Professional on my PC?

I have seen identical  2018 Installshield problems reported on the internet for separate software applications, and would appreciate if an update could be provided on any progress neing made towards  resolving this issue please as I no longer have any access to Airbus Professional on my PC.

Thanks

Archived