Decent Path

Mark Oxley

• 3 weeks later...

Didn´t happen to me since today. On my flight EDDH/EDDK first I had an issue with FL (posted in another topic) then after initiating decent the green dot jumped up and down, so pitch changed immidiately. This happed five- or sixtimes.

Airbus A 320-214 CFM Shark, 1.2.3.1, Flightplan: STADE UM170 OSN T884 ABAMI UM170 BAM.

Please login to display this image.

Thanks for answering!

Greetings,

Matthias

• Deputy Sheriffs

What arrival and runway this happens? I have another report on this as well that I investigated but could not reproduce at the time. I will try to reproduce with your flights in the near future.

ILS 14L, no star.

I suppose, that may happen if Flightpreparation is not done as it should. Sometimes the flightpath jumps, it can be seen at the ND when planmode is switched and flightplan is checked through every waypoint. I think that in such case FMC adds new every second. As long as FMC is adding the distance changes. So during decent the ape is aither too high or too low. I Have flown this flight several times and so I could realize what I said before. If the confusion of FMC happens, i just have to use the "dir" buttom to change a waypoint for example. If the route is made clear, FMC works ok, I think.

The busses are so fullfilled with technical innovations that every fault in preparation might cause problems. Severe preparation has to be done to avoid such this.

Greetings,

Matthias

Archived