Tutorial Flight

abosveld

Having recently purchased and installed the DC-8 in FSX-SE I attempted to familiarise myself with the a/c by flying the Honolulu to Vancouver flight tutorial.

It would seem however that this tutorial has not been installed on my PC, at least I am unable to find it anywhere on my system.

Can you point me in the right direction please.

• Developer

There should be a scenarios folder in the Aerosoft or Aerosoft DC8 folder with the needed files. Are you missing that? The tutorial should show as available if you try to load a flight. If it isn't available you can just load the aircraft at I think gate 13 and follow the tutorial. Set local time to 9:00 am. You will have different weather but the tutorial should allow you to figure out your fuel. I am assuming you have found the tutorial PDF -- is that right?

I am away from my pc for the next week. I can't offer much more help before I get back.

The scenarios folder isn't there so the tutorial doesn't show up when trying to load a flight. I did a reinstall, but that made no difference. It's no big deal though as I do indeed have the tutorial's PFD and I expect I will be able to work my way through it.

Thanks anyway for your reply.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

I just removed my install and ran the v.2.0 installer.  A scenario folder was created in the following location:

This PC\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft DC8\Scenarios

Are you sure you aren't seeing this folder?

Archived