Fix Info - Decimals show BAD FORMAT message

Markito

Dear all,

Congrats for the updated version of the Airbus Professional A318-321!

I do not know whether this issue has already been placed here on the Forum but I was wondering why it is not possible to insert decimal numbers (only full numbers) for the NM Radius on the MCDU FIX INFO Page. Any comments appreciated.

Kind regards,

Marco

3 minutes ago, Markito said:

Thank you, Dave! I will be waiting for a fix regarding the fix info. 🙂

Regards,

Marco

No fix coming for this my friend, it's working as designed... no decimals.

Unless I'm missing something?

19 minutes ago, Markito said:

That is indeed sad. But anyway! Thank you...

Regards,

Marco

Hey Marco,

I think we're miscommunicating - and that's okay, it's an international community and it happens!

So it appears to me that the FIX function is working exactly as it's supposed to, and that is what the document above shows.  Am I missing something my friend?

Hello again, Dave.

Yes, we are probably miscommunicating. Probably, I did not explain things clearly.

Consider the following situation: for the OEV Localizer at Innsbruck I would like to introduce a fix with a 4.2 NM range to start the left turn heading 230. Inserting a radius of 4.2 NM on the MCDU... - see capture 1:

Please login to display this image.

... results in a BAD FORMAT message - see capture 2:

Please login to display this image.

I was wondering why that happens... If I insert only 4 NM the error does not appear.

Thanks again for the patience and support. 🙂

Regards,

Marco

• Deputy Sheriffs

Marco, it is very simple. Decimal points like 4.2 are not possible in real life and therefor not modeled. What you want to do is not possible in the real plane and therefor also not modeled in the sim. Only “full” distances like 4 or 12 are possible. 

Thank you for your reply, Frank! I did not know that... I mean, I think it is feasible in other simulated aircraft and guessed it would be also possible here. Never mind.

Cheers,

Marco

• Deputy Sheriffs

No problem, happy landings!

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived