New version seems ok

kiwi55

Just triedVersion 1.2.3.0 and it seems ok. A few minor problems with the checklist calls and still have the strange speed ups while taxiiing. Probably because I stopped the push back .

Flying part is good. First time I have been able to carry out a Rnav approach properly.

Dave

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello kiwi55,

Pitching up and down is a weird one. We saw nothing like that during our testing period and there haven't been any recent reports about this kind of issue except yours now. Could you please let us know if it keeps happening on your future flights.

Also, if it keeps happening, would it be possible for you to record a video of it, so we can have some idea what kind of issue we are talking about here.

Please let me know. Thanks!

I did get this a few times with an older version but i put it down to Active Skys turbulance effect so i turned that down a little and not noticed it any more . The airbus seemed very sensitive to turbulance at the time

My flight to KLAS was kind of a mess. First I switched on Pause at TOD which didn't work, then I had to send the plane to a HOLD at LOOSN to get to the right FL and then either the hold patern was drawn too small or the plane was not able to keep up with it and flew away from the route. After this I had to turn around with HDG and had to switch to runway 26R which then just made a lot of green lines on the ND which the plane didnt know how to follow. Finally switched everything off and aligned manually to 26R. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 minutes ago, ozgulkagan said:

Holds have speed limits and if you're fast for it, you cannot stay on drawn hold lines. 

What was your altitude / speed on the hold?

In managed mode, the bus should reduce speed by itself to hold speed.

12 hours ago, kiwi55 said:

Yes

Second flight yesterday not so successful. shortly after takeoff with auto pilot engaged plane started pitching up and down uncontrollably. 

I had the same problem several days ago in version 1.2.2.1. Was doing descend from 9000 to 5000 feet in Open Descend mode and around 6000 the plane started to pitch up and down enormously absolutely uncontrollable. The wind was a headwind with 10 knots only. Nothing was helping, changing modes to speed selected, holding the altitude, nothing. I just noticed that when I made the 180 turn this behavior stopped. But after turning back it was happening again and I had to stop that flight.

Archived