My CRJ doesnt work properly.

I have been away from P3D for about a year. I bought the CRJ to go with my Many add-ons. My problem is the front wheel is turned to the left on startup, and the many switches dont work. After switching views some guages are lite. i added the new C++2017

and i saw other people had the same issue. i also ran as administor, did a complete uninstall, of P3d v4.4.17 also the last CRJ version. I used to have P3d v2 on the same drive, and FSX but deleted both. I ran a Beech aircraft then switched to the CRJ, no luck. Are there 

any new upgrades that would help. Bob S 

• Developer

@orlandomagic55 if your screenshot is in FSX Steam Edition or FSX Acceleration, then you might need the FSX SP2 SimConnect DLL - although that should have been installed by the CRJ installer. Go to <FSX Folder>\Aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ\Supportfile and run "SimConnect.msi". That might (!) help.

• Deputy Sheriffs

No need to open a dll, simply install Simconnect as Hans told you:

Go to <FSX Folder>\Aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ\Supportfile and run "SimConnect.msi".

Normally, you power up the APU , the batteries and then the panels would be lit. If i switch views from inside the plane to other views, then return to the main view the gauges are powered up. Still not responding but lit. Hope that helps.

• Developer

If the nose gear doesn't point forward, it's a safe sign that the gauge DLL didn't load because something that it requires is missing. I don't know what that might be though. Could be something in P3D or even Windows itself.

ok thank you , I think its a windows problem. I did have FSX, P3Dv.2  and i deleted manually things over the years. I have reinstalled P3Dv4.4 and the CRJ so that didnt help. So it must be a windows thing. 

• Developer
vor 3 Stunden , Bob Savo sagte:

Thank you Hans, over the weekend i did a complete reboot of windows . Total clean sweep. You guessed it The CRJ works fine. 

Thanks for letting me know, Bob. I usually hesitate a lot to make the suggestion to reinstall Windows. Actually, you were the first customer who did it on his own and it's good to know that it's now really confirmed to be a Windows issue. It would be even better though, if we knew what exactly was the problem, so it could be fixed directly without reinstalling everything 😉

• 4 weeks later...

i backed up the hard drive totally with AOMEI backup. I bought a new SSD made a new c:\  so in case a can always reverse it. i had FSX, P3Dv2 but had many issues with FSX. ctd. So i new install wasn't that big a deal.

Any way you nailed it, Windows problem, no issues with the CRJ. Thanks

Archived