If you want a Honeycomb Alpha for Christma you better order fast because we are quickly running out of stock!

Jump to content
brtkstn

AOC uplink weather

Recommended Posts

Hi, because the last topic about uplink weather was closed, i need to start another. I installed A320 ver 1.2.3.0 today, in third MCDU in options i selected Hoppie Network. Everything works fine in AOC MENU, METARs (depart, arrive, alternate) shows but when i need to check them again during same flight e.g after one hour, they seems to not refreshing. I mean the first METAR was from 1330Z and after one hour i want to check changes during this time and when i "send" another request, METARs are still from 1330Z and not 1430Z. That was also in previous versions. Regards.

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, brtkstn said:

Hi, because the last topic about uplink weather was closed, i need to start another. I installed A320 ver 1.2.3.0 today, in third MCDU in options i selected Hoppie Network. Everything works fine in AOC MENU, METARs (depart, arrive, alternate) shows but when i need to check them again during same flight e.g after one hour, they seems to not refreshing. I mean the first METAR was from 1330Z and after one hour i want to check changes during this time and when i "send" another request, METARs are still from 1330Z and not 1430Z. That was also in previous versions. Regards.

Maybe the hopie network doesn’t have a newer weather? How often is it updated at hopie?

Have to check myself

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

Maybe the hopie network doesn’t have a newer weather? How often is it updated at hopie?

Have to check myself

Thank you for your interest. I think that interval should be not more than 60 minutes. Regards.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for report!

I'm going to make few changes here.

Please retry with the next update.

Share this post


Link to post

Hello again, there is no info about that in current version changelog (1.2.3.1), so i hope it'll will be ready for next update. Regards.

Share this post


Link to post

I think it's available in the latest update, you didn't try yet?

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Choobe, i'll be able to check it until this weekend. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post

I've made one short flight from EPKK to EPGD, alternate: EPWA. I've checked two sources of weather in this flight: sim and vatsim.

 

When sim was choosen, in AOC PREFLT MENU, i've send DEP ATIS* and recived actual METAR from EPKK (very good). Then i wanted to check all airfields, so i clicked on WX/ATIS, pressed ATIS/METAR* and recived actual METARs for EPKK and EPWA only. There was no destination airport. I thought that EPGD is too far and i will check it at cruise altitude, but no, same answer was also during flight.

 

I've changed weather source to vatsim and repeated - WX/ATIS->ATIS/METAR* and recived three actual METARs for EPKK, EPGD and EPWA all from 1600Z (very good). After some time i've checked vatsim METARs online and there were new ones from 1630Z. I've send request once again and recived EPKK from 1630Z, EPGD from 1600Z and EPWA from 1600Z. So only departure METAR was refreshed, but i don't need it anymore 😉. Maybe someone can confirm this anomaly or am i doing something wrong?

Regards and have a nice weekend.

P.S. I can also confirm that PRINT ALL* function freezes both MCDUs. 
 

Share this post


Link to post

Hi, with ver. 1.2.3.2 all is the same - METAR is not refreshing, except PRINT ALL* not freezing MCDU.

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/15/2019 at 11:54 AM, brtkstn said:

When sim was choosen, in AOC PREFLT MENU, i've send DEP ATIS* and recived actual METAR from EPKK (very good). Then i wanted to check all airfields, so i clicked on WX/ATIS, pressed ATIS/METAR* and recived actual METARs for EPKK and EPWA only. There was no destination airport. I thought that EPGD is too far and i will check it at cruise altitude, but no, same answer was also during flight.

hi!

That is a known bug from the sim weather, "You have to be close to a certain distance (app. 60 NM) to the destination / alternate airport".

So please retry when you close enough. IIRC I got the WX coming when distance was around 90nm.

 

On 2/15/2019 at 11:54 AM, brtkstn said:

I've changed weather source to vatsim and repeated - WX/ATIS->ATIS/METAR* and recived three actual METARs for EPKK, EPGD and EPWA all from 1600Z (very good). After some time i've checked vatsim METARs online and there were new ones from 1630Z. I've send request once again and recived EPKK from 1630Z, EPGD from 1600Z and EPWA from 1600Z. So only departure METAR was refreshed, but i don't need it anymore 😉. Maybe someone can confirm this anomaly or am i doing something wrong?

Can't reproduce for now. Could you upload the "FMGS.log" please? (Make sure you have the "Logging=1" in the "FMGS.ini".)

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, I think I got it now.

Made related changes. Please retry with the next update!

Share this post


Link to post

Hi, i almost start logging for you and bam, there it is. Thank you, waiting for update.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi, after update 1.2.3.4 metars are refreshing properly. Thank you Guys! Regards.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for letting us know it's working!

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...