AOC uplink weather

brtkstn

Hi, because the last topic about uplink weather was closed, i need to start another. I installed A320 ver 1.2.3.0 today, in third MCDU in options i selected Hoppie Network. Everything works fine in AOC MENU, METARs (depart, arrive, alternate) shows but when i need to check them again during same flight e.g after one hour, they seems to not refreshing. I mean the first METAR was from 1330Z and after one hour i want to check changes during this time and when i "send" another request, METARs are still from 1330Z and not 1430Z. That was also in previous versions. Regards.

• Deputy Sheriffs
41 minutes ago, brtkstn said:

Hi, because the last topic about uplink weather was closed, i need to start another. I installed A320 ver 1.2.3.0 today, in third MCDU in options i selected Hoppie Network. Everything works fine in AOC MENU, METARs (depart, arrive, alternate) shows but when i need to check them again during same flight e.g after one hour, they seems to not refreshing. I mean the first METAR was from 1330Z and after one hour i want to check changes during this time and when i "send" another request, METARs are still from 1330Z and not 1430Z. That was also in previous versions. Regards.

Maybe the hopie network doesn’t have a newer weather? How often is it updated at hopie?

Have to check myself

42 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

Maybe the hopie network doesn’t have a newer weather? How often is it updated at hopie?

Have to check myself

Thank you for your interest. I think that interval should be not more than 60 minutes. Regards.

• 2 weeks later...

I've made one short flight from EPKK to EPGD, alternate: EPWA. I've checked two sources of weather in this flight: sim and vatsim.

When sim was choosen, in AOC PREFLT MENU, i've send DEP ATIS* and recived actual METAR from EPKK (very good). Then i wanted to check all airfields, so i clicked on WX/ATIS, pressed ATIS/METAR* and recived actual METARs for EPKK and EPWA only. There was no destination airport. I thought that EPGD is too far and i will check it at cruise altitude, but no, same answer was also during flight.

I've changed weather source to vatsim and repeated - WX/ATIS->ATIS/METAR* and recived three actual METARs for EPKK, EPGD and EPWA all from 1600Z (very good). After some time i've checked vatsim METARs online and there were new ones from 1630Z. I've send request once again and recived EPKK from 1630Z, EPGD from 1600Z and EPWA from 1600Z. So only departure METAR was refreshed, but i don't need it anymore 😉. Maybe someone can confirm this anomaly or am i doing something wrong?

Regards and have a nice weekend.

P.S. I can also confirm that PRINT ALL* function freezes both MCDUs. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2019 at 11:54 AM, brtkstn said:

When sim was choosen, in AOC PREFLT MENU, i've send DEP ATIS* and recived actual METAR from EPKK (very good). Then i wanted to check all airfields, so i clicked on WX/ATIS, pressed ATIS/METAR* and recived actual METARs for EPKK and EPWA only. There was no destination airport. I thought that EPGD is too far and i will check it at cruise altitude, but no, same answer was also during flight.

hi!

That is a known bug from the sim weather, "You have to be close to a certain distance (app. 60 NM) to the destination / alternate airport".

So please retry when you close enough. IIRC I got the WX coming when distance was around 90nm.

On 2/15/2019 at 11:54 AM, brtkstn said:

I've changed weather source to vatsim and repeated - WX/ATIS->ATIS/METAR* and recived three actual METARs for EPKK, EPGD and EPWA all from 1600Z (very good). After some time i've checked vatsim METARs online and there were new ones from 1630Z. I've send request once again and recived EPKK from 1630Z, EPGD from 1600Z and EPWA from 1600Z. So only departure METAR was refreshed, but i don't need it anymore 😉. Maybe someone can confirm this anomaly or am i doing something wrong?

Can't reproduce for now. Could you upload the "FMGS.log" please? (Make sure you have the "Logging=1" in the "FMGS.ini".)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for letting us know it's working!

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived