Dc8 awarded by Flightsim.Com

• Aerosoft

We are so happy with Flightsim.com award for the DC-8!

flightsimcom-award-of-excellence.jpg

Read the full review here: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?18986-Review-Aerosoft-Douglas-DC-8

Or the very short version in the form of the conclusion:

I have to say, I have very much enjoyed my time with Aerosoft's DC-8, as it's a fun aircraft to fly, even if it does seem overly challenging on the first few flights.

Now that I have gotten the hang of many of its features, flying the DC-8 is very rewarding and fun! There's no FMC, no autothrottle, no altitude hold...yes...this is real flying, as they used to say!

Aerosoft - Douglas DC-8     Aerosoft - Douglas DC-8

Priced at $42.99, the DC-8 is also far from the most expensive aircraft add-on for FSX and P3D. Aerosoft have also kindly provided installers for both FSX and P3D, which is nice to see (doesn't make use of the infamous 'P3D tax' that some developers use). This fact alone, definitely makes the DC-8 a highly attractive purchase, especially if you enjoy flying this type of aircraft in both simulators!

As I have said throughout this review, if you're into the early days of jetliners and want an aircraft which faithfully models the systems of the time, then this is definitely an aircraft worth exploring. Likewise, if you're a modern heavy metal flyer who's thinking about delving into something a little older, then here too, the DC-8 becomes highly attractive.

Flying the Aerosoft DC-8 has been an absolute joy, and is an aircraft I highly recommend flying!

Archived