Discrepancy with displayed version numbers

Meyerflyer

Hi,

after reinstalling the busses because of the bad update 1.2.2.2, I get different version numbers displayed on every spot I have a look. See screenshot above. The Aerosoft updater or something else messes the numbering up. I have no idea why and what exactly causes this.

I hope, the version being shown within the Aerosoft Updater in the text is correct.

Btw. My A320/A321 shows update 1.2.2.1 even though I have experimental updates disabled, see screenshot 2. Screenshot 2 is a newer picture, so don't get confused.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The version on control panel programs and features section is the version number of the installer when you installed the product. This is not updated when running ASUpdater. To get the version number of the current build installed on your system you have to check the updater.

You are on most up to date version when ASUpdater says "Installed version 1.2.2.1" (as of Jan 29).

Understood, but why is there two different versions in the Updater as shown?

And why is the version 1.2.2.1 shown although it is declared an experimental update? I deactivated experimental updates in the config. Or is 1.2.2.1 no experimental update?

• Deputy Sheriffs

On the first screenshot everything is up to date. On the second screenshot, it seems like your A320-A321 is not updated. It says that version 1.2.1.0 is installed and 1.2.2.1 is available. 

Currently version 1.2.2.1 is the latest stable update. First we released it as an experimental update but later felt that it was stable enough on users' systems that it could be given as the latest stable update. That's how the logic with experimental updates goes anyways. Some updates we feel that we need bigger take to "test" the update before we consider it stable.

Thank you. That was the missing information. It confused me because the Updater still showed 1.2.2.1 as experimental update. I didn't know that this update became a stable release afterwards.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived