Views don't seem to be working (v1.2.2)

markgr1nyer

Hi

I'm just starting to try and use flight sim after a long break. (I used the 32bit a32x series a lot)

When I load the a319 (pro version - not trying to force the 32bit one to work) the views don't seem to work properly

The captains seat starts in the cabin, then if I click on another view, then click on the captains seat in the window bar, it then goes to an external view behind the tail (above the top of the fin).

The autopilot screen (can't remember the actual name of it, but the one where you control the altidtude/speed and course) goes to the cabin view but slightly right. 

The left MCDU view is at about the right height for the pilots seat, but external to the rear, and looking right and down but not enough to work on the MCDU the way it used too.

The lower overhead, overhead, right MCDU and right hand seat appear to be working fine

I have done nothing with the views, but I use chase plane in the back ground, and this is the only way to currently get the left hand seat to work, then using the hat switch on my joystick to move around

I use FSUIPC for my flight controls so my FS Controls are blank (that way things like the tiller work across all aircraft)

Any ideas on what is going on?

Many thanks

Mark

• Deputy Sheriffs

Version 1.2.2.2 was known to be buggy, so revert back to version 1.2.2.1 or wait for a complete fresh installer which is expected to come soon.

Hi

I uninstalled the busses and reinstalled them to revert them back to 1.2.1.0 but I'm still having the same issue.

I have tried starting the sim without chase plane (seemed an obvious possible link with it being a view issue) but nothing has changed other than my now total inability to sit in the left seat.

When the sim is loading at about 80% when loading scenery and it first appears I am in the left seat as expected, but when it finished loading that's when I get moved into the cabin

Many Thanks

Mark

• Deputy Sheriffs

Then something (Chaseplane) is overwriting the view system of the Airbus when it gets loaded.

I assume that you uninstalled the old version before doing a fresh install and rebooted your PC.

Mark,

The problem you're seeing is with ChasePlane, not the Bus.  I have the same issue almost since the start, and Keven at OldProp (FSFX) is aware of the issue.  It's been well over a year since I discussed it with him, and I can't swear to it, but I believe it boiled down to being a P3DV4 related issue.

To overcome, let the aircraft fully load, then go External and back to the VC using CHASEPLANE, not the Airbus View System.  In fact, the Airbus View System should be disabled in MCDU#3 if you're using Chaseplane.  You can also disable Chaseplane for the Airbus (though I wouldn't do this).

Best wishes!

Thank you Dave

I have uninstalled chaseplane and the busses again and the view system is working properly now

As I'm not using any other aircraft for a while I prefer the simplicity of the aerosoft system.

Hopefully chaseplane will get updated so when I get promoted I can use it on the 777, 747 and 787 lol

But this will work for now

Thank you everyone

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

59 minutes ago, markgr1nyer said:

Thank you Dave

I have uninstalled chaseplane and the busses again and the view system is working properly now

As I'm not using any other aircraft for a while I prefer the simplicity of the aerosoft system.

Hopefully chaseplane will get updated so when I get promoted I can use it on the 777, 747 and 787 lol

But this will work for now

Thank you everyone

Most welcome my friend.

Best wishes for Happy Flights!

Archived