P3d 4.4 CTD

Well ive recently got p3d 4.4 on my windows 10 machine and installed a320 professional. Now p3d wont load correctly.I run as administrator but it crashes before p3d splash screen.

Ive tried to uninstall and reinstall a couple of times. I read in a different thread that raas could cause problems so i didnt istall that.Really dont know what to do?

System

I5 8600k 3.6ghz(unclocked)

16gb hyper x fury 2666

Asus prime z370a

Gtx 1060 6gb

Windows 10 pro

• Deputy Sheriffs

Check the Wondows Eventviewer for entry at the time of the crash and post a screenshot of the entry or the complete error message.

To me that happens to me sometimes when I "turn off the PC " too fast, without letting Prepar3D  "close " Your connections and active applications, although it seems that you have closed Prepar3D  "Wait a few seconds before shutting down PC always " One of the solutions that I found testing, was if you have a situation created by you, start by default, delete it, without trying to run Prepar3D previously, and once done, run Prepar3D.... tell you not to tell the situation and that will load the default, that to me solved Everything, the one that did not execute the Prepar3D.

Microburst79

In event viewer you have to open /Windows Logs /applications

There is an list to scroll down, and maybe found your CTD.

Please login to display this image.

2 hours ago, mopperle said:

Not at all related to P3D,

Where have you installed P3D and where have you installed the Airbus?

I have p3d installed on my d: and the bus in p3d v4 folder. So not on the same drive as windows

• Deputy Sheriffs
41 minutes ago, Microburst79 said:

I have p3d installed on my d: and the bus in p3d v4 folder. So not on the same drive as windows

OK, so do the following:

• uninstall the Airbus and reboot your PC
  • Create a folder like d:\P3D-Addon outside the P3D folder and point the installer for the Airbus to this folder. You should use this folder for any addon that supports the new installation methode that was introduced by LM with P3Dv4. When you install the Airbus into this folder you will end up like this: "D:\P3D-Addon\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional"
  • reboot your PC and update the Airbus to the latest version 1.2.2.1 using the ASUpdater

1 hour ago, mopperle said:

OK, so do the following:

• uninstall the Airbus and reboot your PC
  • Create a folder like d:\P3D-Addon outside the P3D folder and point the installer for the Airbus to this folder. You should use this folder for any addon that supports the new installation methode that was introduced by LM with P3Dv4. When you install the Airbus into this folder you will end up like this: "D:\P3D-Addon\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional"
  • reboot your PC and update the Airbus to the latest version 1.2.2.1 using the ASUpdater

Big thank you for the support!Even though i got it working i will install the bus as you recomended.I guess i can use the same technic for airport addons.

• Deputy Sheriffs
22 minutes ago, Microburst79 said:

I guess i can use the same technic for airport addons.

Yes, if those addons give you the choice where to install. Most modern addons do so, except Orbx.

So simply point them to your new addon folder.

Archived