If you want a Honeycomb Alpha for Christma you better order fast because we are quickly running out of stock!

Secondator

[Bug tracking] Total power loss

Have you ever had Carenado aircraft installed on your computer?

13 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Have you ever had Carenado aircraft installed on your computer?

YES! I have 3, still installed, does the issue lay with these then? Do I need to uninstall them?  I flew the PMDG 737 in the same scenario and the entire flight went as it should.

1 hour ago, Badwolfx said:

YES! I have 3, still installed, does the issue lay with these then? Do I need to uninstall them?  I flew the PMDG 737 in the same scenario and the entire flight went as it should.

That might well be. We know the issue with their coypright system exists and they do not care about changing it as far as I am aware..

Best you give it a try and just see what happens.

On 5/15/2019 at 1:59 PM, niallkav said:

hello All,

I had this a while back (many revisions ago) and it turned out I had automixture turned off in realism settings. A P3D upgrade had reset it.

Hope this helps

Niall Kavanagh

From the manual:

image.thumb.png.048075737f152ac3d5bce52f4b58a0b0.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

That might well be. We know the issue with their coypright system exists and they do not care about changing it as far as I am aware..

Best you give it a try and just see what happens.

But if you check PMDG support you will find the same issues...

The tip from Niall is very useful as well, it could very well be an influence.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But if you check PMDG support you will find the same issues...

The tip from Niall is very useful as well, it could very well be an influence.

Hi Mathijs, I have acted on Nail's comment and my automixture was already off as I had left it. This problem is only occuring when I am logged into vatsim via vPilot. If the mixture was the issue, surely I would have seen this error offline as well?

In respect of the carenado issue, is this a realistic root cause and, if so, is uninstalling the carenado products the only resolution?

I think the PMDG faultless flight  is simply a fluke, for me, it would probably have failed if I flew it enough times but I only switched to it because the Airbus kept going cldrk for me.

2 minutes ago, Badwolfx said:

Hi Mathijs, I have acted on Nail's comment and my automixture was already off as I had left it. This problem is only occuring when I am logged into vatsim via vPilot.

If the mixture was the issue, surely I would have seen this error offline as well?

In respect of the carenado issue, is this a realistic root cause and, if so, is uninstalling the carenado products the only resolution?

I think the PMDG this is simply fluke, for me, it would probably,y of our if I flew it enough times but I only switched to it because the Airbus kept going cldrk for me.

There is s fix on the Carenado website, I don't know what it is as I don't have any Carenado products. The probkem inly occurs online.

8 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

There is s fix on the Carenado website, I don't know what it is as I don't have any Carenado products. The probkem inly occurs online.

Hi Dave, do you have any more specific detail of how to find the fix? I've just put every string I can think of into their site and it doesnt lead to anything. The word 'Airbus' isn't even found let alone stuff surrounding online shutdowns etc.. so you have no Carenado products installed, I take it you don't suffer with this issue?

24 minutes ago, Badwolfx said:

Hi Dave, do you have any more specific detail of how to find the fix? I've just put every string I can think of into their site and it doesnt lead to anything. The word 'Airbus' isn't even found let alone stuff surrounding online shutdowns etc.. so you have no Carenado products installed, I take it you don't suffer with this issue?

The Carenado DRM issue affects most all payware aircraft.  As I mentioned, it occurs when you fly online and a Carenado texture is called when that aircraft type comes within a certain range of the aircraft you're flying.  Since you have Carenado aircraft installed, the DRM is triggered which affects the aircraft  you're flying by essentially disabling it.

I don't know what the fix is on their website, but I'm sure if you disable the Carenado models in your pilot client, that would most certainly resolve the matter as the models would not be called.

4 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

The Carenado DRM issue affects most all payware aircraft.  As I mentioned, it occurs when you fly online and a Carenado texture is called when that aircraft type comes within a certain range of the aircraft you're flying.  Since you have Carenado aircraft installed, the DRM is triggered which affects the aircraft  you're flying by essentially disabling it.

I don't know what the fix is on their website, but I'm sure if you disable the Carenado models in your pilot client, that would most certainly resolve the matter as the models would not be called.

Good stuff... I just found the same fix mentioned by Mikav mentioned elsewhere on this forum, he advised to untick the carenado products in the matching section of vPilot which I have now done. I shall put in a flight tomorrow morning,, fingers crossed it works and  I don't go down over the Englush Channel!

7 minutes ago, Badwolfx said:

Good stuff... I just found the same fix mentioned by Mikav mentioned elsewhere on this forum, he advised to untick the carenado products in the matching section of vPilot which I have now done. I shall put in a flight tomorrow morning,, fingers crossed it works and  I don't go down over the Englush Channel!

Excellent.  Best wishes!

19 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Excellent.  Best wishes!

So this morning I made it to EGKK in the A320 and just as I pulled off the runway she went cldrk. I re-checked the vPilot advanced settings again, all Carenado titled aircraft unticked. As I scrolled back up I noticed 2 Albaeo models, I have now unticked those as something in the back of my mind says that they are connected with carenado ,, is that a possibility?

20 minutes ago, Badwolfx said:

So this morning I made it to EGKK in the A320 and just as I pulled off the runway she went cldrk. I re-checked the vPilot advanced settings again, all Carenado titled aircraft unticked. As I scrolled back up I noticed 2 Albaeo models, I have now unticked those as something in the back of my mind says that they are connected with carenado ,, is that a possibility?

They are indeed!

All fixed now, I believe. 4 flights in and not one cldrk. Thank you all for the advice. 

So in your case it was pretty obvious the Carenado module?

On 10/28/2019 at 2:27 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

So in your case it was pretty obvious the Carenado 

Yes. I have flown several more hours now in the Airbus family and no issues whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, Badwolfx said:

Yes. I have flown several more hours now in the Airbus family and no issues whatsoever. 

Thanks for your feedback